Beginners and Beyond

ParkRun SaturDailies (Read 19 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

After running 25:27 at the last two ParkRuns, I got a 25:26 today for a new YTD best despite the strong winds.  It was also my best finish among males (5th) and the first time I beat Steve, the 70+ year old who's still well ahead of me on an age-graded basis.  I ran a bit too hard just after the turnaround and was fading a bit during parts of the last half mile.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job!

I have 7 at some point. Slept 0 or almost 0.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Fred--is it the same course every week?

10 miles with RP. Longest in probably a month. Post run donut shop was closed  but thankfully DH is easy to convince to make waffles.

sdWhiskers

Slept 0 or almost 0.

Ugh, that's the worst.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred--is it the same course every week?

10 miles with RP. Longest in probably a month. Post run donut shop was closed  but thankfully DH is easy to convince to make waffles.

Yes, same course every time.  Almost all of it is on a canal path, so slightly slower than a road but easier on the joints.

Mmm, waffles.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations Fred.

Hubby and I both suffered through 5 miles. I'm still seeking mojo and forcing myself out there sometimes.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

DavePNW

Congrats Fred.

Mmm, waffles.

+1. I try to book Hampton Inns when traveling for work, for their breakfast buffet wafflemaker. 

I ran 16 with the group. The route was stupid hilly with >1000 feet of elevation gain, nearly all in the first 8 miles. I ventured off on my own after that for a flat route to run the last 8 at MP. I was not too optimistic about hitting pace based on how things have been going in general, but it actually went surprisingly well. I’m targeting 7:20 and ended up averaging a few seconds under that, with the last 5 miles around 7:15. Solid.

Today helped my confidence level for Eugene, but boy do I need these next two weeks of taper.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 easy aside from the gusty wind.

Congrats Fred!

Baboon

delicate flower

HEY.  I ran 3 miles early this morning.  Then, I made the round trip to Boston for packet pickup.  6:15 total time away.  I spent maybe 20 minutes at the expo.  It was a zoo and I was not in the mood, so I got a couple of pics at the spots where there were no lines, then I split.  I parked at a Whole Foods garage ($25) and pounded some sushi before heading home.  I didn't need to stand in front a huge Bank of America ad, but Fenway Park will do!

I got home to find in the mail my award for winning my division in the Dallas Marathon Friday night one mile race.  This race was December 8, lmao.  They also sent me a Dallas Marathon tech shirt, different than the one I got.  It fits perfectly, which is nice.

<3

DavePNW

^ cool beans! I’m peeved that I have a super-busy day at work Monday, I really just wanted to check out all morning and track everyone. But I’ll do my best.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I stupidly scheduled a deposition for Monday morning so I will miss most of it 🫣

Damaris