Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: I once knew a girl named Friday (Read 40 times)

LRB

I feel like just a slacker, reading about you all getting out there. I ran yesterday. It sucks. Running sucks. Off today then back to back days on the weekend.

Will there be a B++ sighting soon?  I know I have packed on some serious lard.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Boring meeting and workshops today. Now we have to sit through a 90 minute keynote speaker. Total BS. I am in the back reading forums and playing Clash of Clans. I'm a bad boy.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Spam I received this morning. So much to ponder so early in the AM.

Does Death Begins in the COLON?

Hmmm ... matter of perspective?

Sooo

M - 6x150 on track

T - short hills , form and then speed and 1000m pressure

W - slow easy ( I'm whooped)

T - 6x150 on mulch trail ( intended to be easy miles but noooo! )

F - 3 miles Hills ( charging them...  Uggg)

S - 5k pacing! (+ pre-pacing course familiarity warmup)

S - longish easy...

My ass is a drag'n

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Boring meeting and workshops today. Now we have to sit through a 90 minute keynote speaker. Total BS. I am in the back reading forums and playing Clash of Clans. I'm a bad boy.

Hahaha! Priorities!

LRB

Now we have to sit through a 90 minute keynote speaker. Total BS. I am in the back reading forums and playing Clash of Clans.

Getting your LRB on 'eh? I love this place for that. lol

Hip Redux

How did we ever make it through meetings without our smart phones?

DavePNW

Will there be a B++ sighting soon?  I know I have packed on some serious lard.

Should we have a contest to come up with your new username? I'm thinking LRB+LBS, or possibly LRBeef.

Dave

DavePNW

How did we ever make it through meetings life without our smart phones?

More this.

Dave

Little Blue

3.5 BEAUTIFUL miles while waiting for my car in the shop.  I ran through a neighborhood I've not seen before.  Just gorgeous, really nice established homes on huge lots, full of trees, totally shaded roads.  After that I found a greenway that I didn't know was there.  Aside from the hills, it was a really nice run.

cjones1

Ha, I used to get a notebook and discreetly try to write down all of the professional sports teams by memory.  Never could get the NHL, but I always looked like I was concentrating really hard and taking copious notes.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I used to take naps. When I had my eyes open I would read and do crosswords puzzles. Heck, at least they have free coffee.

DavePNW

Ha, I used to get a notebook and discreetly try to write down all of the professional sports teams by memory.  Never could get the NHL, but I always looked like I was concentrating really hard and taking copious notes.

Ha! I used to do the same. Break them down by league/conference/division, and when I really wanted to stretch it, add info such as manager/head coach, stadium name, etc. I was never enough of a hockey fan to include the NHL either.

Dave

Little Blue

I've been out of corporate America since before smart phones.  Isn't it awfully obvious when no one is paying attention to the meeting?  Seems like some folks would get a bit cranky.

Zelanie

Ran 10 last night  to running club and back. I ran past my friend right as she finished mile 9 of her 10 mile Hansons tempo, so I ran mile 10 with her and her cooldown. She is still doing awesome.

cjones1

I've been out of corporate America since before smart phones.  Isn't it awfully obvious when no one is paying attention to the meeting?  Seems like some folks would get a bit cranky.

At this point, it seems unusual for someone to NOT have their nose buried in their iphone. Smile  But yes, I've seen people get reamed for not paying attention.

At my current job, only a select few are even allowed to have their phones in the building (upper mgmt., those with contact with customers, etc.).  Have to leave them in the car, which is really good for them when it gets to be 100 degrees outside.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)