Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: I once knew a girl named Friday (Read 40 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

At this point, it seems unusual for someone to NOT have their nose buried in their iphone. Smile  But yes, I've seen people get reamed for not paying attention.

At my current job, only a select few are even allowed to have their phones in the building (upper mgmt., those with contact with customers, etc.).  Have to leave them in the car, which is really good for them when it gets to be 100 degrees outside.

It's easy for me because there are 200 people sitting in the high school gym. Zzzzzzz...

LRB

How did we ever make it through meetings without our smart phones?

I have been required to attend continuing education seminars for the past 14 years, something like 60 hours in three year cycles. Unfortunately, I am ADHD and not as creative as these others guys so I just died from Sheer. Fucking. Boredom. It was awful.

These days I just play on my phone and life is great!

LRB

Ran 10 last night  to running club and back. I ran past my friend right as she finished mile 9 of her 10 mile Hansons tempo, so I ran mile 10 with her and her cooldown. She is still doing awesome.

You are like a proud momma, nurturing your little racer.

onemile

I've been out of corporate America since before smart phones.  Isn't it awfully obvious when no one is paying attention to the meeting?  Seems like some folks would get a bit cranky.

Where I work, we all just bring our laptops to meetings.  Less obvious.

Half Crazy K 2.0

How did we ever make it through meetings without our smart phones?

Counting dead ducks in the conference room.

I went to a state Medicaid conference (yes, I know, very exciting) at a wildlife preserve. I can only assume the room wasfree. Anyway, there were stuffed ducks everywhere.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Counting dead ducks in the conference room.

I went to a state Medicaid conference (yes, I know, very exciting) at a wildlife preserve. I can only assume the room wasfree. Anyway, there were stuffed ducks everywhere.

With a chicken?  I'm hungry

Half Crazy K 2.0

With a chicken?  I'm hungry

Ha. Maryland has no money. We were lucky to get coffee at this one. It is really obvious there will be no increases when your invite to a budget meeting tells you to bring your own coffee.

Hip Redux

Should I be proud or alarmed that my most quoted comment on this forum is about how distracted we are in meetings? lol

I suppose there would be no such thing as internet forums if we weren't all just avoiding doing something else with our time.

#deepthoughts

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.3 miles of hills after work yesterday.  Rain threatening, so it was very humid, nearly 100 percent, with dewpoint in the 70s, and the temp was a 'cool' 84 degrees. Can you say "SWEAT SWEAT SWEAT!" - especially for a fat guy like me.  Got a little lost when I took a wrong turn, but it was all good because that just gave me another route to add to my already long mental list of my area running routes - I think I've got pretty close to 100 routes now.  Someday I'll have to write them all down to get the exact amount;  I'm definitely not lacking for running routes around here, lol.   Today is a non-running day and tomorrow morning is my 24th race of 2015.

If you have not figured it out yet - today is May 8th.  On this day in history, Germany surrendered in 1945, ending WWII in the European theater.

Holidays for May 8th:

No Socks Day!

Military Spouse Appreciation Day!   They too serve.  During my 24-year Air Force career, I dragged my oh-so-patient wife all over the world to my various assignments.  She was always there for me, setting up our household, getting us settled in, and having to find a new job every time we moved, and taking care of everything at home whenever I had to deploy.  If you have/had a military spouse, today is the day to give her/him some thankful appreciation!

World Ovarian Cancer Day - Remember those lost; support those battling it

Image result for world ovarian cancer day

World Red Cross/Red Crescent Day

Food holiday:  National Empanada Day and Have A Coke Day  - Empanadas are standard fare in most bars and restaurants.  I will pass on the coke, I like Pepsi better.

Another day, another Empanada (photo courtesy of oasis collections) - with a Coke sign in the background..how appropriate for today, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

Should we have a contest to come up with your new username? I'm thinking LRB+LBS, or possibly LRBeef.

Cyberic

Where I work, we all just bring our laptops to meetings.  Less obvious.

I work in IT, for school boards. In large conference rooms, you can easily differenciate IT folks from teachers.

IT folks actually listen to the conference in front, wheras teachers are all on their iPads, iPhones or iDontGiveAFuckAboutYouInFrontImATeacherAndKnowItAllBetterThanYouDo device. Some IT managers are also on their phones though, so sometimes I'll mistake them for teachers.

delicate flower

I just had a health assessment at work.  Nurse says to me, "I can tell you're a runner" (I did not mention it).  So I said, "Why thank you."

<3

I just had a health assessment at work.  Nurse says to me, "I can tell you're a runner" (I did not mention it, but just happened to be wearing my Garmin, RoadID, fuel belt, and NJ Marathon finisher's medal).  So I said, "Why thank you."

FYP.

Dave

Zelanie

You are like a proud momma, nurturing your little racer.

If I was really nurturing her, I'd have run all 10! I can't keep up anymore.

This brings me to my dilemma- Is it bad to run a leg of a race with somebody if you're not registered? I'm leaning towards not going because I'll be on course and adding to the congestion, but not sure if that's just me being overly scrupulous.

If I was really nurturing her, I'd have run all 10! I can't keep up anymore.

This brings me to my dilemma- Is it bad to run a leg of a race with somebody if you're not registered? I'm leaning towards not going because I'll be on course and adding to the congestion, but not sure if that's just me being overly scrupulous.

How long would you be running vs. total race distance?

Dave