Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fridailies (Read 46 times)

Mmmmm...beer

My boss had to send an email yesterday about proper attire.  Because there are certain people here who apparently do not know they work at a law office and had the gall to come in pajamas one time.

Wow, just, wow.  I can't stand it when people wear pajamas to go to the store, but to work???

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was the day of our Christmas party and she dressed in red pajamas as a joke (or so she said).

Today, she has transparent shoes.  I know it's casual Friday but transparent plastic shoes?  Classy!

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

My boss had to send an email yesterday about proper attire.  Because there are certain people here who apparently do not know they work at a law office and had the gall to come in pajamas one time.

I would like to compromise with my boss.  Back to wearing SUITS if I have a client meeting but otherwise, anything goes, including pjs Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah but you are not working at a law firm (we get lots of visitors).  Also, this is the federal government, we should have standards, I think. Joking

I would like to compromise with my boss.  Back to wearing SUITS if I have a client meeting but otherwise, anything goes, including pjs Smile

Damaris

Also, this is the federal government, we should have standards, I think. 

Why start now? Roll eyes

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

My office has denim Fridays. I'm wearing denim capris today. We're not allowed to wear shorts above the knee, but we can wear skirts slightly above the knee.

It's still too damn hot outside.

Hip Redux

My work might be the most laid back ever, but I did have to tell someone to stop wearing gym shorts to work.   Flip flops are ok though.

Most days I'm in jeans and a t-shirt.  And I'm the VP.  lol

Will run for scenery.

HaHa, I work at a college.  Dress code is pretty much anything that doesn't get you arrested.  I pretty much wear jeans or shorts every day.

Dave - Years ago I read a review of a Spice Girls concert.  Written by a dad.  It didn't mention the music per se, but pretty much focused on all the other adult chaperones and how they were coping.  Reminded me how awesome parents can be.

I'm very glad I decided to DNS the half marathon tomorrow.  It means I got to go out and have a fun trail run yesterday in new shoes, get to go to a friend's for an awesome dinner tonight, and run as much/little this wkend as feels right.

Have a bueno compadres Fridaily !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RSX

My work might be the most laid back ever, but I did have to tell someone to stop wearing gym shorts to work.   Flip flops are ok though.

Most days I'm in jeans and a t-shirt.  And I'm the VP.  lol

I can't stand flip flop noise at work. We have a thorough dress code, and our div. head  will talk to folks over minute things but not that.

Hip Redux

Yeah, I think flip flops are ridiculous in an office setting (even *I* don't do it!) but even our HR person does it, so....

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I work in a cubicle city, but we occasionally get auditors or other government-related people. After budget crunch stuff a few years ago the corporate policy was changed from business casual to "sporty" casual (to improve moral). Basically you can wear jeans and are encouraged to wear tennis shoes (so you can go for a walk). T-Shirts are ok as long as they are either totally plain or have the company logo on them. Flip-flops are a no-no still, but we get the person who wears them. How annoying would it be to hear the clicking of flip-flops all day if you sat next to a major walk way?

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Not even the sound but who wants to look at other people's feet at work?

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Not even the sound but who wants to look at other people's feet at work?

What can you say? Some people are in to that. Smile Ladies usually take pretty good care of their feet. Guys on the other hand, not so much.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha.

But that's the thing.  Our dress code is professional and she still wears the PJs.  She once yelled "HOLD ON JUDGE" to my judge on the phone.  of course, I got a call on that.  She was not allowed to answer the phone after that.

Damaris

LRB

Welcome to the dark side. Now accept that two pair of underwear are redundant, regardless of the lack of, umm, motion control, that the liner provides.

I cut the liner out otherwise The Chaffe is relentless.  I cannot run in brief style undies, they have to be boxer brief style.