Beginners and Beyond

Saturday (Read 47 times)

LRB

'Sup?

Baboon

delicate flower

What it do, Chucko!  I ran 7 miles first thing this morning on a hill route.  I felt tired.  I'm fixing to go for a two hour bike ride with DW in a bit...soon as this siding guy gets here and takes some measurements.

<3

Little Blue

Good morning!  3.15 easy, now I'm sitting on the deck drinking OJ, trying to decide what fun thing to do first.

outoftheblue

I'm planning on another short run today.  Spending a lot of time inside trying to socialize the new dog with my two existing dogs.  My spaniel is a bit freaked out.  I signed Pepper and my spaniel up for obedience classes in the hope that the structured activity together will be good for them.

Life is good.

cjones1

7 miles easy this morning. Supposed to be another 3 at the end at something between 5-10k pace, but my legs weren't having it.  I think the humidity was a factor.  So I shut it down and live to fight another day.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me.

Damaris

Cyberic

Week 1: 54 miles with 30% at MP or -

Week 2: 60 miles with 28% at MP or -

Week 3: 64.9 miles with 29.5% at MP or -

I'm not going to keep increasing my mileage by 5 mpw like that for another 17 weeks Smile  I'll probably keep it in the 60-70 mpw range. I make this up as I go along, so I'll see how I feel...

Cyberic

7 miles easy this morning. Supposed to be another 3 at the end at something between 5-10k pace, but my legs weren't having it.  I think the humidity was a factor.  So I shut it down and live to fight another day.

I hate it when that happens, but it does happen. You did the smart thing.

Zelanie

Week 3: 64.9 miles with 29.5% at MP or -

I'm not going to keep increasing my mileage by 5 mpw like that for another 17 weeks Smile  I'll probably keep it in the 60-70 mpw range. I make this up as I go along, so I'll see how I feel...

You have enough time, you might want to schedule a cutback week now and then too.

LRB

You have enough time, you might want to schedule a cutback week now and then too.

Usually life schedules them for you.

cjones1

Usually life schedules them for you.

Amen

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

That's a good part about not following a plan. I don't take a cutback week based on a schedule, but when I feel like taking one or when I need one. Thanks for the tip Zel.

Cyberic

Baboon, the amount of laundry you produce must be phenomenal

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon, the amount of laundry you produce must be phenomenal

Yes, the activewear piles up like a mofo.  Fortunately we own enough of it to go about a month without washing.  Big grin  But we do about two loads a week anyway.

31 mile bike ride complete.  I'm pretty tired.  The wind beat me up.

<3

DavePNW

8 miles easy. Very enjoyable, excellent weather & route; would have liked to have gone longer, but saving it for tomorrow. Did not really earn such an extravagant post-run brekky, but here is the ESU report anyway: pancakes with raspberry compote and lemon curd.

Dave