Beginners and Beyond

The last Saturdailies of fall (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am pretty sure I was sleeping, Baboon!

Morning!  I didn't have time to run last night, so 7-9 miles to make up some of those miles up.

Awww, onemile.  Sometimes we don't choose them; they choose us. She looks sweet!

Damaris

on my way to badass

Her name is Gracie. She's around 6 yrs old (which is a guess).  I kind of expect a new dog to have accidents while getting used to how things work in a new home.  It's even harder for her because she is afraid of walking on the floor in the kitchen, which is required to get to the door to go outside.

She really is liking her crate (just laying in there with the door open. I think it makes her feel more secure

Awesome!  She sure is pretty.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

Welcome Gracie!  She is beautiful!  How do she and B get along?

A few years ago, we also adopted a ~6 year old dog from the shelter.  She wasn't what we were looking for either, but she was super sweet, and older black dogs have a tough time getting adopted.  Our vet said she was more like 9, but she was a great dog.  She got along great with our grumpy old man dog that we had at the time (as in, didn't let him give her any crap), and then was wonderful with Zoe and Mia when they were puppies.

It's supposed to snow here in a bit.  I'm going into Weight Watchers because this isn't a good week for people to not have support.  Then I have some inventory stuff to deal with there.  It might warm up a bit later?  It's currently 25.

I have a friend in Indiana who's been stuck on the Interstate for 9 hours now because of the ice!  Too many stuck cars ahead of her to get out.

Half Crazy K 2.0

There is a very thick layer of ice everywhere. Supposed to stop & warm up later, maybe I can run outside this afternoon, but not very hopeful.

Onemile, Gracie is beautiful.

LRB, I got very used to cleaning up dog accidents in my dogs last year or so. We really need to replace the carpet in our den. At least we confided most of the accidents to that room.

GinnyinPA

Onemile - Gracie is beautiful.  I'm really surprised that she languished so long at the rescue place. I'm glad she has a new home.

We have ice here too.  It's supposed to warm up this afternoon, so hopefully all of that will melt in time for me to get a run in outside. We have too many hills around here for me to want to run on them when it's icy. I was never a good skater.

No more marathons

Her name is Gracie. She's around 6 yrs old (which is a guess).  I kind of expect a new dog to have accidents while getting used to how things work in a new home.  It's even harder for her because she is afraid of walking on the floor in the kitchen, which is required to get to the door to go outside.

She really is liking her crate (just laying in there with the door open. I think it makes her feel more secure

We also have hardwood in most of the house, but there is only a few spots our GSD avoids.  Must have been places he wiped out at some point.  Now if we need him to go over those areas we have to put a blanket (or something) down or he simply won't go.

10.3 miles in a light drizzle.  Temp in the low to mid 40's.  Managed to double my weeks miles in one run.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Welcome Gracie!  She is beautiful!  How do she and B get along?

One of her big selling points was that she always plays with Bruno at the kennel when he is boarded. So far they have been getting along good, as long as there are no toys.  She is a resource guarder and they got into it over a toy - Bruno never starts a fight but he won't back down either so when she went after him for showing interest in the toy she had, he wanted to fight back. So I took away all the toys and they have been doing okay

She's already made huge progress on the floor thing - she just went outside all by herself (without me having to pull her by the leash over the uncarpeted stuff)

LRB

One of her big selling points was that she always plays with Bruno at the kennel when he is boarded. So far they have been getting along good, as long as there are no toys.  She is a resource guarder and they got into it over a toy - Bruno never starts a fight but he won't back down either so when she went after him for showing interest in the toy she had, he wanted to fight back. So I took away all the toys and they have been doing okay

Kids these days. Smile

LRB

She's already made huge progress on the floor thing - she just went outside all by herself (without me having to pull her by the leash over the uncarpeted stuff)

She's a keeper. 👍

LRB

I ended up running 9.

It was 26 degrees so I went with a singlet under a long sleeve tech and it was perfect.

I wore my heavy gloves and discovered the 630 fits on the outside of them (the 620 did not) so that was cool.

Anyway, it was my first run outside since the marathon. And while my breathing felt a little labored, everything else checked out fine.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just did weights. Doesn't look like there is much progress as far as melting, so guess I'll hit the treadmill later today. There is a video I am sure has gone viral (I have not watched it) of a massive accident this morning in Baltimore. There is just no way to drive safely on ice.

LRB

Just did weights. Doesn't look like there is much progress as far as melting, so guess I'll hit the treadmill later today. There is a video I am sure has gone viral (I have not watched it) of a massive accident this morning in Baltimore. There is just no way to drive safely on ice.

Extremely slow to the point that you don't have to hit the brakes to stop, something most people simply refuse to do.

LRB

I have a friend in Indiana who's been stuck on the Interstate for 9 hours now because of the ice!  Too many stuck cars ahead of her to get out.

Damn, I could not imagine!

LRB

Good morning!

Zilch.  No elliptical, no work, lazy morning.  It feels right.

Have a great day folks!

It took me over a year to learn something you said um, over a year ago(); when wearing tights in cold weather DOUBLE UP.

I didn't want to wear running shorts on top of my tights so today I compromised and wore sports briefs under them. My little pony thanks you sir. 

10k in 43:52ish - not chip timed, and official results probably not posted till Monday. It was 2 loops; after the first, I did not see a single other 10k runner. And not many hanging out at the finish. So no idea of AG placing. Either I won, or there were guys way faster than me, either is possible. Temp was 26, feels like 21.

Dave