Beginners and Beyond

Freezing FRIDAILIES (Read 50 times)

LRB

STOP IT!!!    Either drive or post, but not both!  We like you here!

See what I had meant was I pulled over you know, off the road. Then what had happened was I posted that I was posting and driving when really my foot was on the brake because as I said I had pulled off the road. So then what had happened was after my post I pulled back onto the road and had started driving again.   

So see, no worries.  

Little Blue

I told my wife she was getting a pelvic realignment on our honeymoon. She was not amused.

Whispering sweet nothings again? 

Little Blue

See what I had meant was I pulled over you know, off the road. Then what had happened was I posted that I was posting and driving when really my foot was on the brake because as I said I had pulled off the road. So then what had happened was after my post I pulled back onto the road and had started driving again.   

So see, no worries.  

"Honest, Officer!"

LRB

"Honest, Officer!"

"I promise ". lol

Cyberic

Lol

I told my wife she was getting a pelvic realignment on our honeymoon. She was not amused.

And 4.5 easy for me today.

B-Plus

happylily

haha!

I ran 7 miles. Everything hurt but the groin...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

workinprogress11

haha!

I ran 7 miles. Everything hurt but the groin...

Isn't that just the way?  You're one tough cookie to knock out 7 miles so soon after your procedure.

4 easy miles for me. Nothing interesting about it to report.

LRB

Isn't that just the way?  You're one tough cookie to knock out 7 miles so soon after your procedure.

+1

And no news is good news where running is concerned!

Half Crazy K 2.0

70 minutes on the treadmill doing iPod intervals. 3 songs easy to warm up, then alternate harder effort, easy effort, switching after every 1 or 2 songs. Made it go by somewhat quicker.

outoftheblue

Yes to all of this.  I feel like it takes forever to get back to the point where I was pre-marathon.  Marathons fuck you up for awhile.

Yes indeed.  I realize now how much harder I pushed myself in this race than I had before.

Life is good.

outoftheblue

Very funny.

Life is good.

B-Plus

+1

And no news is good news where running is concerned!

Excellent news and recovery capabilities. You'll be hammering weekly treadmill 18-milers before long.

LRB

What is a pelvic realignment? 

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor but if I were I would recommended all runners find their own physical therapist to work with as they can often see an issue just by watching you walk into a room.  My physical therapist has been a God send to me!

Now then, picture yourself sitting in a chair with proper posture; tall back, shoulders squared, arms down to your side, legs together, feet flat on the floor and your body totally relaxed. Now get on the floor in this exact position; lying on your back with your legs in the air bent 90 degrees at the knees and your arms on your sides.

Place a ball around the size of a cantaloupe between your knees (or your fists side by side, or two pillows) and squeeze your knees together at 50 % pressure for a count of five, then relax for a count of five (without letting the ball drop).

To get a feel for what 50% pressure is squeeze your knees together with all your might briefly, then use half of that. Do three sets of these.

Next, in the same position take a belt and loop it around your thighs near your knees, leaving 6 to 8 inches of play where your knees can go outward and inward. Press outward against the belt for a count of five at 50% pressure. Do this three times.

Next, in the same position place your right hand at the top of your right knee and your left hand at the bottom of your left knee, then apply opposing pressure for a count of five. You are basically pushing one leg down and pulling the other up but not allowing them to stray away from each other. Alternate sides so that you do five of each side x three.

That's basically it. Take a day or two off from running then run short the first day you resume running. The pain will not go away immediately but over time it will wane.

I have performed this maneuver for my hips and/or SI joint with relative success three times now over the past year and a half. If it does not provide relief in a week or so then something else may be at play but it cost you nothing to try it.

Good luck!

MTA: I had a video link to this routine, but lost it due to that stupid virus the other day. If I find it I'll post it.

LRB

Oh, and the name I used for it is probably totally wrong.