Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Sundailies! (Read 33 times)

delicate flower

News flash:  WAKE UP.

Half way through this four day weekend.  I'll be tagging along with the wife on her 8 mile run this morning.  Then we're got chores and errands, and dinner with friends tonight.

It's going to be warm and muggy the next few days.  Meh.

SPEAK UP.

<3

outoftheblue

Ok, I'm SPEAKING

. . .  but don't have much to say.  RD for me.

Life is good.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

G'morning.

10 later to finish out the month.

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! 9.8 yesterday and 2.5 this morning put me at 30 miles for the week and 113.7 miles for August - both records for me Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

RD for me, lots of coffee and just relaxing. I figure 175.4 miles for August is good and decent jump from last month's 152 and I ain't gonna fret about not making it to 180.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

18 done and I booted August in the ass!

Which means September may do the same to me.  lol

LRB

Garmin says I burned 2500 calories (if you believe in those things) and it is my solemn duty to put every one of them little bitches back in me by 6:00 PM.  Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Garmin says I burned 2500 calories (if you believe in those things) and it is my solemn duty to put every one of them little bitches back in me by 6:00 PM.  Big grin

In 18 miles??? That's a a lot, I think I only burn between 1,800 and 1,900 calories during an 18 miler...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

Plan was to run between 2:20 and 2:30. Ran or 2:22 and change, for my longest run ever of 28 km (17.4 miles). Finished August with just over 200 miles, which is not bad considering that at the beginning of August I was in  Spain and didn't run much (less than 25 miles from August 3rd to 9th). I'm stringing good solid weeks with good distance and speed work. I should be ready for my half.

Cyberic

In 18 miles??? That's a a lot, I think I only burn between 1,800 and 1,900 calories during an 18 miler...

Training Peaks says I burned 2560 calories in my 17 1/2 miles today. It depends on your weight and maybe a little bit on the speed at which you run it

Zelanie

Hey guys!  I broke a tooth last night (always on a holiday weekend, right?), but my dentist can get me in this morning to at least get a temporary fix of some kind.  What a guy!  Plus he is a runner who enjoys geeky runner talk about marathon plans and stuff, so that's an added bonus!

Afterwards I have my 16-mile LR scheduled.  It's not too hot today, so going out afterwards shouldn't be an issue.  Then maybe school shopping with DD, depending on the time.

Phil- Nice job on the 20 yesterday!

OOTB- Enjoy the RD!

Sly- Enjoy the 10!

Lauren- Great mileage!  I don't know why 30 MPW is always a huge milestone for me.

FreeSoul- Hope the extra recovery does you well!

LRB- Was that a race you ran yesterday?  And then 18 today?  Talk about finishing the month strong!

Eric- You've done a great job transitioning back into running at home mode!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Training Peaks says I burned 2560 calories in my 17 1/2 miles today. It depends on your weight and maybe a little bit on the speed at which you run it

Most articles I've read say that even heavy/overweight people don't burn much more than 100-120 calories a mile, not to mention the longer you run the less energy/calories your body burns in effort. Beginners/newbies burn/use more when they start running than what they burn/use a year or 2 down the road. I always make sure to update my weight in my garmins to make sure they are close to correct in the calories burned, and then of course I subtract a hundred or two off of that.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hey guys!  I broke a tooth last night (always on a holiday weekend, right?), but my dentist can get me in this morning to at least get a temporary fix of some kind.  What a guy!  Plus he is a runner who enjoys geeky runner talk about marathon plans and stuff, so that's an added bonus!

Afterwards I have my 16-mile LR scheduled.  It's not too hot today, so going out afterwards shouldn't be an issue.  Then maybe school shopping with DD, depending on the time.

LRB- Was that a race you ran yesterday?  And then 18 today?  Talk about finishing the month strong!

That is definitely a kick ass weekend if he ran a race yesterday and then covered 18 miles today, shit that is bad ass.

And I am kind of really glad I am not running today, extremely humid and nasty because of this stupid ass storm hanging over us but not unleashing it's fury.

PRs

Cyberic

Most articles I've read say that even heavy/overweight people don't burn much more than 100-120 calories a mile, not to mention the longer you run the less energy/calories your body burns in effort. Beginners/newbies burn/use more when they start running than what they burn/use a year or 2 down the road. I always make sure to update my weight in my garmins to make sure they are close to correct in the calories burned, and then of course I subtract a hundred or two off of that.

I don't care much how many calories are calculated. It's just because LRB and you brought it up. My only opinion on the subject is that serious sites like Garmin and Training Peaks must have put some thought and science in their algorithm. NTIWKAAT Big grin

MTA: And I might be heavier than you, but believe me, overweight is NOT a qualifier that describes me well.

20 miles today.

72 for the week.

308 for the month.

Good night everyone, drive safely, don't forget to tip your waitress.

Dave