Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't get up this morning, didn't want to. Dorian woke up some time in the middle of the night upset over a bad dream, I woke up sometime before he did so when my alarm finally went off, I just said fuck it and stayed in bed.

How's everyone's morning going?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning.

Freesoul...nothing wrong with a little extra sleep!

My body hates me. My cold seems to have relapsed. I finished the last of my antibiotic on Saturday and suddenly I feel crummy again - same symptoms as before. I'm waiting for the office to open and 9am and hoping that I can call in and they'll just order me some more drugs, because apparently my body can't sustain itself without them.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

What is more important: to be able to pick up girls, or to run fast?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hmmm.... depends on one's priorities.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

7.8 mi,  of which 7.1 mi on ‘groomed’ dirt park path, Burke Lake. very gentle no real hills, no steep pitched bumps, just gentle wavy. Very easy  to fall asleep here while running.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can't wait to start hitting the trails more often this month and Winter 

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So pretty.  Reminds me of the park near my house:

I have 6 with 2 X 1 @ MP or RD.

Damaris

DavePNW

Depends on your relationship status and your sexual preference. And your age, because once you get past high school, I’d hope you’d be more interested in women.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Need more background info.

And I agree with DaveMasterP's comment on being more interested in women vs girls after HS.

DavePNW

10 miles. Guy ran past me, then I saw him pull over to the side of the trail. Thought he was going to stretch, but instead he started doing push-ups. WTF? Save that for the finish line, buddy.

Dave

RunningOnSand

My boys are home sick with a tummy bug. Why do illnesses always start in the middle of the night with kids? It's like the damned fire detector batteries going dead...always happens in the middle of the night. *yawn*

Daffy, absolutely stunning pics.

SIAR, sorry to hear you're not doing well, still. Sad Hoping you can get the meds you need.

RunningOnSand

10 miles. Guy ran past me, then I saw him pull over to the side of the trail. Thought he was going to stretch, but instead he started doing push-ups. WTF? Save that for the finish line, buddy.

LOL. Maybe it's part of his routine. aka run for x minutes then take a break and do pushups/etc. Like doing HIIT or something. 

Cyberic

once you get past high school, I’d hope you’d be more interested in women.

I use "girls" to designate the half of the human population of the female gender, as they're not "guys".

Cyberic

Need more background info.

I will provide more info, but I find the question without background funnier.

I was talking to my colleague (Dominic) about weight vs running fast, and another colleague of ours, a woman (Sonia), walks in. So I tell Dominic that he's too fat, and he'd run faster if he were skinnier. Sonia says Dominic is not too fat, and he looks good as he is. So Dominic asks Sonia the question: but what is more important: to be able to pick up girls, or to run fast?

sdWhiskers

I live <0.5 miles from LA Fitness and there's a good hill behind it that I use for hill sprints. So I see bros doing cardio outside sometimes.