Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Man, get you some kale and asparagus and eat it all. Then pop a vitamin and maybe eat a raw beet or two ffs. 

Kale and asparagus...... yuck 

(and yes, I know you're speaking to SIAR)

Oiy, Indy forecast is showing Friday night's temps in the mid 20's which could mean Saturday morning's temps in the high 20's or low 30's. I just hope I can tolerate that enough to wear my capris that have a big pocket in the back 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Okay Missy, keep treating the symptoms instead of giving your body what it needs to fight the virus off. Your ass will be sick for 6 weeks while I'll be doing push ups after 4 days. lol

Cyberic

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oiy, Indy forecast is showing Friday night's temps in the mid 20's which could mean Saturday morning's temps in the high 20's or low 30's. I just hope I can tolerate that enough to wear my capris that have a big pocket in the back 

I checked it: Start of the race is 28F feels like 28F.  Also known as perfect tank and shorts with arm warmers running weather.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran 5 at lunch with 3 x (2km / 1minute)

Paces on the 2Ks

6:17, 6:18, 6:12

onemile

Ran 5 at lunch with 3 x (2km / 1minute)

Paces on the 2Ks

6:17, 6:18, 6:12

2k Tuesday!

Cyberic

2k Tuesday!

Sounds good! I usually run faster on Tuesdays, but since it's raining I hit the indoor track, and can't run fast on that track because I hurt myself. Tempos are fine.

Don't you do 4 of them though? And followed by fast stuff? And I didn't pay attention if you do them on Tuesdays.

LRB

I checked it: Start of the race is 28F feels like 28F.  Also known as perfect tank and shorts with arm warmers running weather.

Boom.

LRB

LRB

Hhahahahahaha! Love it!

+1

onemile

Don't you do 4 of them though? And followed by fast stuff? And I didn't pay attention if you do them on Tuesdays.

yes and with 2 min recoveries instead of 1 min.  also known as 12 mile Tuesday Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I just can't wear a tank top and shorts in that, no freaking way. Capris and some sort of long sleeves thingy, and gloves. Long sleeves only because I don't have arm warmers and would probably end up throwing them to the side after an hour or 2.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

I'm traveling to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving and realized there is a turkey trot 5K only 1 block my hotel. Yes, please!

Question for the group--I'd like to have my 6 year old run (his first 5k!) but if MrW and I both register, do I need to spend $40 for the little guy too? Seems excessive. He doesn't need a shirt and can have my medal. On the other side, at least the race claims to benefit a good cause.

Cyberic

Question for the group--I'd like to have my 6 year old run (his first 5k!) but if MrW and I both register, do I need to spend $40 for the little guy too? Seems excessive. He doesn't need a shirt and can have my medal. On the other side, at least the race claims to benefit a good cause.

I don't know what's right and wrong, but when my kids participate in a race, they get their own bib. Of course, at that age, they were racing 1Ks, not 5Ks.

KCRuns

I'm traveling to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving and realized there is a turkey trot 5K only 1 block my hotel. Yes, please!

Yes, he gets his own bib.  It's a liability thing, you need to sign the waiver for him to participate.  Also a resources thing, if 3 of you are running, 3 of you pay to participate.