Beginners and Beyond

Where are the WednesDAILIES? (Read 45 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.5 miles at Fort Sam Houston after work yesterday.  Temp was in the upper 80s, but the dew-point was only in the 50s and the freakin' humidity was only at 37%....sweeeeet!  Felt a little sluggish for the first mile - apparently a tuna salad sandwich about an hour before you run is NOT a good idea - but after a few burps felt much better and the rest of y run/walk went great, with a strong finish.

Plan on 2 run/walks for today.  This morning up in the early a.m. and off to U. of Texas-San Antonio campus and did an easy 3 around the campus.  Tonite, plan on doing another easy 3 at the VFW tonite, and have an encounter with my fellow Team RWB friends.  Running VERY easy today as I did a weight training circuit on Monday night after work; haven't done my weight training in a while and, wow, is my body feeling it today. I could especially feel it when I ran this morning, as all my jiggling fat cells were going "Ow Ow Ow Ow!"  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

Next time out here, more poker. Like, covering the whole trip would not be undoable with more time at the tables. Wink

So you're not only good at winning races, I see 

Cyberic

Forgot my watch. Will have to run with my phone, ffs.

Mmmmm...beer

Forgot my watch. Will have to run with my phone, ffs.

Or just run without your phone or watch, those are some of my favorite runs. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Or just run without your phone or watch, those are some of my favorite runs. Smile

I'm actually running with more now with them stupid arm lights in addition to my shoe lights FFS.

I've only worn one arm light so far but it seems to be working as oncoming pedestrians are moving way the hell out of the way. Most have a look like, what in the hell are you???

I don't necessarily like the fit of the arm light (I've been wearing just above my elbow), but it's the best thing for me short of a vest so I'll probably stick with it and eventually run with both of the stupid things.

DavePNW

I'll run at lunch. Think I'll run some intervals. Not to trigger VO2Max or lactate threshold systems just yet, but rather short intervals with long enough recovery time to get the body used to moving at a faster clip again. Or maybe I'll do some strides instead. Or all of the above. In short, I'm itching to run faster and I'll try easing back into it.

Pretty much this. Ran 7 miles in a light drizzle at the track with 8x400, at a pace roughly between tempo & HMP. Felt pretty good, could've pushed the pace more if I wanted to. My main concern was that yesterday my knee started to get achy near the end of the run, and was sore the entire rest of the day. I was really worried this would put me on the bench, based on my knee history. But thankfully it was fine this morning.

Go Cubs!

Dave

DavePNW

Everyone says that, I've never done it. I like to at least know how far I've gone, although I can figure that out anyway if I'm on my regular route. But on easy runs I rarely look at my pace.

Dave

LRB

Everyone says that, I've never done it. I like to at least know how far I've gone, although I can figure that out anyway if I'm on my regular route. But on easy runs I rarely look at my pace.

I never look at my pace on easy runs but stare at my log like it's a 10 karat diamond. Big grin

LRB

Everyone says that, I've never done it. 

I did it once (I forgot to bring my watch to run at work) and was madder than a damn hornet.   

Little Blue

Good morning everyone!

Took yesterday off, two days in a row, madness! lol  Had my run cut short this morning, but that's ok, have hill work tonight, woohoo! Smile

Blue, sorry to hear about your BIL's diagnosis, hope he kicks it's ass!

Hope everyone has a great day! Smile

Thanks.   He's having a bunch of scans and stuff today, but an ass kicking is definitely in the treatment plan.  On the plus side, DH went this morning for a PSA test and perhaps an intimate moment with the doc.  So far, he's fine.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks.   He's having a bunch of scans and stuff today, but an ass kicking is definitely in the treatment plan.  On the plus side, DH went this morning for a PSA test and perhaps an intimate moment with the doc.  So far, he's fine.

Sounds like your BIL has a great attittude and that is part of the battle. Hope he gets better.

Damaris

Cyberic

Pretty much this. When I forget the watch I bring the phone for the stats.

Today I brought the phone but was actually using the chrono function for this workout I was making up as I was going along. Ended up doing:

- 3 x (3:00 at 10K_ish w/3:00 jg)
                          - 3 x (1:30 at 5K_ish w/1:30 jg)
                          - 4 x (0:45 at Mile_ish w/1:15 jg)

6 miles total

delicate flower

Office potluck today means I ate way, way too much food for lunch.  

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Hell has frozen over... the trail half I did last weekend has free photos.  And I GOT SOME.

Also, my heel hurts.  

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Hell has frozen over... the trail half I did last weekend has free photos.  And I GOT SOME.

Still nothing from my marathon 3.5 weeks ago. FFS. I'm not sure I really want to see any reminders of that fucking thing, but it's the principle.

Dave