Beginners and Beyond

Relax! It's the 3-Day Weekend Penguins (Read 25 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

SEAHAWKS WIN!  UNBELIEVABLE!  Green Bay must be in shock how Seattle came back, especially that 2-point conversion.   Go Seahawks!   Actually, I like Green Bay too and wouldn't have been disappointed if they had won...but I like the Seahawks just a tad better - and especially to keep peace in the house, as Gail is from Washington State.  As for the next game, I really hope the Patriots LOSE, never really have liked them...unless they play the Dallas Cowboys...THEN I'd root for the Patriots. 

Nice run/walk today at Lackland Air Force Base.  4 miles done, did all the pedestrian overpasses/bridges that go up and over the roads, so got some ''hillwork" in.   Got back to the gym and then did my weight training circuit after my run.   Beautiful weather today too...59 degrees when I was running in shorts and running shirt, and the drive home was nice too, windows down, my classic rock cranked up....sweeet!

Oh yeah...On my run today, I added my "Team TJ" bracelet to my "causes" wristband collection - US Air Force (since I'm retired Air Force), UTSA RR4L (University of Texas at San Antonio Roadrunner 4 Life), the university I work for (the Roadrunner is the university mascot) and my Support Our Troops, with my ID information attached to that. Running my hills today, when I got a bit tired, I would just look at Team TJ and think about what he goes through every day...helped me keep stay strong. Thanks TJ!

photo 005_zps0a108fb3.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didnt see the post about damaris' husband either!  I'm so sorry to hear that.   Was it posted in the dailies? I rarely go in there.  Hoping it turns out to be nothing and hope your wait is not too torturous.

I posted it on the Penguins Fridailies.  But late that night.  Lots of people missed it, don't worry.

He has a nodule in his prostate.  He needs a biopsy to see if it's cancer.  PSA levels come back tomorrow or Tuesday.  Wish us luck!  He is too young for prostate cancer.

Damaris

Zelanie

Nice, Lauren!

D- Hoping for very good results for DH tomorrow.

Went to my friend's house to pick up her TM.  We had to take off her front door and sort of remove/mangle her screen door to get it out, but we were able to do that and get everything more or less back together.  Then we got it up and into my FIL's truck and brought it home to our garage.

I walked on it for about 1 minute, and it tripped the GFCI on the outlet.  Only, I had no idea about any of that and was trying to figure out how to reset the circuit breaker even though none of them were tripped.  Got some emergency advice from LRB and plugged it into an inside wall outlet via extension cord and had a very nice run.

Now I just have to figure out how to reset the GFCI switch in the garage, which will be tough because we have way too much crap in there.

hog4life

Zel, if a breaker is not tripped in the breaker box, you'll have to reset it at the plug. There will be 2 little buttons, one of which you need to push for the reset. If it's not on the plug you were using, check the one immediately on either side of it.

Ran 12.6 this afternoon in 60* sunshine. Heaven.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: push the button on the plug.

Hog: oops. You just said that.

Kathleen: nice run. Perfect temperature. Smile

Zelanie

That outlet doesn't have a button.  It's hiding on some other outlet, only we have too much crap in the garage and I don't know where any other outlets are.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Lol. When you find the outlet with the button, push it.

Zelanie

Lol. When you find the outlet with the button, push it.

Done!  Decided to actually make some effort to look for it.  Luckily when it's tripped it has a little light that comes on that I was able to spot behind some boxes on a wall that's completely covered with shelves.  Now we can open the garage door again.  But of course we don't need to, because we can't fit a car in there when there's a treadmill. Smile

PADRunner

That outlet doesn't have a button.  It's hiding on some other outlet, only we have too much crap in the garage and I don't know where any other outlets are.

The outlet in my bathroom is tied to one in the garage. Took me a while to figure that out the first time I tripped it.

Amazonian Princess

Sending hugs and positive thoughts to D and Mr Docket! Hope everything turns out okay.

h4l, so sorry to hear about your FIL

Just got back into town after celebrating a very late Christmas with family; considering an event with my niece, either a triathlon this summer (if I can get my swim on) or maybe a half in the Fall 

I can. I will. I am. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

Since this is the 3 day weekend penguins, I'll add my Monday morning 3.3 miles here.

Scotty, Thanks!!  You may need a longer arm soon.

Damaris, all positive thoughts from Georgia for you and Richard.  Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Happy Monday everyone.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Morning all. SRD for me. I can really feel yesterday's run.

Heading to work. Had the option to not work provided I did 4 tens the rest of the week. Ugh! That doesn't work well for me. Too much other stuff going on to suck up 2 more hours of work. Today should be a very productive day with noone else around.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Short run after work, and after the health club.

Enjoy the day off.

PADRunner

RD for me today.