Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are a good day for a rest (Read 54 times)

oldfartrunner

I really must read the whole post ... but it did give me some interesting mental images, which somehow also included Goldilocks.

Hi OFR, there must be an emoticon for that quote! I wonder if those bears are as big and dangerous as the Louisiana mosquitoes I sometimes encounter?

Hey QUICK! How's it goin? ...You talkin these?  

Image result for giant mosquito pictures

oldfartrunner

20 mile bike ride done at 20.1 mph.  I had some back and forth with my coach today.  He thinks my current fitness is 3:10 marathon shape but may improve during the next 6-8 weeks.  I think he is being a bit optimistic but I like his confidence.  That being said, he's also proven to be pretty accurate.  Well, except for the Ironman when I was an hour faster than he expected.

Nice pace!  That would be a nice PR for you-just looking at your log.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Stop the presses!  I ran outside!

For those that don't understand that miracle, it was the first time it hasn't been feels like 99-112F since March, so I have been loving my TM since then with a few exceptions.  It was a Wintery 77F, rainy and 75 dewpoint.  Cold and non-humid...  Anyway, 5 miles done.

Damaris

Cyberic

...75 dewpoint...

... non-humid...  

Does not compute 

Cyberic

20 mile bike ride done at 20.1 mph.  I had some back and forth with my coach today.  He thinks my current fitness is 3:10 marathon shape but may improve during the next 6-8 weeks.  I think he is being a bit optimistic but I like his confidence.  That being said, he's also proven to be pretty accurate.  Well, except for the Ironman when I was an hour faster than he expected.

If all goes well, yeah, I can see you running a 3:10.

Cyberic

Nice pace!  That would be a nice PR for you-just looking at your log.

See how log sharing is cool for fellow forumites 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Does not compute 

LOL. It was a bit tongue in cheek.  That's our May dewpoint, not our Summer dewpoint, so technically, "non-humid". :-P

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

See how log sharing is cool for fellow forumites 

Damaris

KCRuns

GEH: Lighten the load.

Baboon: Love that little emoticon!  LOL! Sugar rush city!

Candy Corn and Doughnuts!  Umm!

BLUE: Yeah, it moves slow too, more of a drama. Sad But interesting none the less. Smile

KC: Good luck!

FreeSoul: You can do it!

LRB: Heck, your just a kid.

Thank you, OFR!

oldfartrunner

Damaris: Nice!

I love looking at the logs for sure!  They are really great for runners that upload GPS with every run.  I might eventually dink with the log feature, but for now I'll old school it. 

DAVE: Hey! I did it!  This is looking down on the area around where I live from a trail I run on. So now I'm able to use photos from races and such from my computer. I will sign up for an account on Imgur now to store my stuff. Thanks again!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training and 90 minutes on the treadmill. Was going to give the footpod another chance. Could not get it to pair. Not sure if the batteries I tried were dead or some other issue. Oh well. Felt slightly faster than what the pace was. Funny, I never changed the setting on the treadmill.

Cyberic

Strength training and 90 minutes on the treadmill. Was going to give the footpod another chance. Could not get it to pair. Not sure if the batteries I tried were dead or some other issue. Oh well. Felt slightly faster than what the pace was. Funny, I never changed the setting on the treadmill.

I need to change the battery of my foot pod every year or so, IIRC.

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Hi LawyerMom!!  Nice to see you here, as well. We will have to forgive each other's dual posts.

OFR - Nice pic!!

Re: bears - Nope! I see the occasional snake and white squirrel on my runs - and tons of 'regular' squirrels, even downtown - but I will pass on the bears.

8.1 miles after work today. Nothing too fancy, a little faster than yesterday, and it felt good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ended up doing 15 sets of 100 bicycle crunches and some plank variations.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

I'm on a roll now - 5 day streak.

Still not much mileage (3.3 tonight) but better than no miles at all.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!