Beginners and Beyond

Zoom ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not if it might hurt you.

Damaris

LRB

Oh by the way, 13 w/10 MP. Which I totally killed this morning, bitches.

Geezus man!

LRB

Not if it might hurt you.

I'd play if you were there. Big grin

Where I used to do some of everything, now I do nothing except run then sit on my ass. lol

onemile

I hate it when my mom asks me to play tennis for this reason. Running makes me feel so fragile.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'd play if you were there. Big grin

Where I used to do some of everything, now I do nothing except run then sit on my ass. lol

My foot hurts. Maybe I am hurt. So I would say no too.  Ha.

Damaris

cjones1

Would you still play?

No way.  This is why I don't play basketball anymore. Once I figured out that my body couldn't do what my brain was telling it to do was when I "retired."  I'm not hanging on like Kobe.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

I do nothing except run then sit on my ass.

+1. And I hate running when I'm not running. Like to get to my car in the rain, or cross the street before the light changes. It seems so hard.

Dave

onemile

+1. And I hate running when I'm not running. Like to get to my car in the rain, or cross the street before the light changes. It seems so hard.

OMG yes.  I feel like I can't.

DavePNW

OMG yes.  I feel like I can't.

I just need to tell the people I'm with, "Let me get in a 3-mile warmup with some strides before we cross the street".

Dave

onemile

I just need to tell the people I'm with, "Let me get in a 3-mile warmup with some strides before we cross the street".

Which would make absolutely no sense to them.  You run marathons but you can't even jog across the street?  

Cyberic

Running makes me feel so fragile.

It's incredible. Yesterday, a co-worker asked me if I wanted to go on the river on a sea-doo. I said no because I don't want to injure myself. Tough to defend, but I stuck to my 'no'.

"I do nothing except run then sit on my ass."

+1

LRB

Which would make absolutely no sense to them.  You run marathons but you can't even jog across the street?  

Nope. I do not even run up the stairs anymore. I will not run in a parking lot when a car is waiting for me to walk by, and do not : run : to the store, even in my car. lol

FTS.

Cyberic

Nope. I do not even run up the stairs anymore. I will not run in a parking lot when a car is waiting for me to walk by, and do not : run : to the store, even in my car. lol

FTS.

Again, I'M exactly the same

LRB

No way.  This is why I don't play basketball anymore. Once I figured out that my body couldn't do what my brain was telling it to do was when I "retired."  I'm not hanging on like Kobe.

Baseball was my sport, for a million years. I transitioned to softball as an adult and would play it 5 nights a week if I could. I "retired" as well, before becoming a runner. Mostly because the teams I was playing on were not serious enough .

Anyway, running came and when the opportunity later presented itself to play on a softball team of basically all stars, I was like, absolutely not. lol

DavePNW

I used to love playing basketball in my teens & 20's, even though I always sucked at it. But it really beats you up, there's no way my body could take that abuse now. I stopped playing >20 years ago, although it had nothing to do with running.

Dave