Beginners and Beyond

Zoom ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

B-Plus

What is the past tense of ESU? ASU or ESU'd? Whatever it is, I did it last night along with DSU or DSU'd.

From the Internet.

0.77 miles outside (!) and weights. I actually wore my watch this time because I was curious to see how much my pace had suffered - turns out not too much, ~10:10ish which is reasonable right after breakfast and with a 73 DP.

Brought pool stuff to work with me but I'm kinda hungry and tired after running around on the beach all day yesterday - we spent a fair amount of time throwing around volleyballs/footballs/frisbees in and out of the water, it was quite fun but my abs, of all things, hurt today. I have a ton of work to do anyway, so I think I'll just rest up and get in a good workout first thing tomorrow morning.

From the Internet.

What is the past tense of ESU? ASU or ESU'd? Whatever it is, I did it last night along with DSU or DSU'd.

ASU and DSU for past tense, if you ask me.

Little Blue

Would you still play?

Nope.  Wayyy too easy to pull/strain/break something, especially on sand.  And we don't bounce as well as we did four years ago.  Or recover as fast.  Not a chance.  Leave it for the kids and couch potatoes.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So the company volleyball tournament has returned after a four year hiatus.

I was all about it for the five years prior to that and even won the championship in 2009. Well, my former team is getting back together and they have been riding me hard to join, to which my response has been an unequivocal, "hell no!"

As much as I would love to play, there is no way I am going to risk getting injured yet again this year out there jumping up and down (albeit in the sand but still) and running around while training for a marathon. No way at all.

I feel kind of bad but fuck that, if I am going to get injured let it be while running (or flying off a ladder), but not for two weeks while playing volleyball FFS.

Would you still play?

Be a company team member and say  "Yeah, I'll play!"  And then in the first couple of game, just catch the volleyball when it comes at you....after a few times of this, they'll  just kick you off the team, and you'll be good to go.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Nope.  Wayyy too easy to pull/strain/break something, especially on sand.  And we don't bounce as well as we did four years ago.  Or recover as fast.  Not a chance.  Leave it for the kids and couch potatoes.

This is great. Smile

LRB

Is the past of shit, shat? lol

cjones1

Knock knock.

whos there?

William Shatner.

William Shatner who?

William Shatner the toilet and made a huge mess.

Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DavePNW

Actually it is, but most common in British English.

Dave

Zelanie

I got on roller skates in the middle of marathon training last summer and that lasted all of 10 minutes before I realized that it was just not worth it.

LRB

Actually it is, but most common in British English.

Yes, I have heard it used. I lol'd then too. lol

LRB

Knock knock.

whos there?

William Shatner.

William Shatner who?

William Shatner the toilet and made a huge mess.

Smile

lol

LRB

I got on roller skates in the middle of marathon training last summer and that lasted all of 10 minutes before I realized that it was just not worth it.

Now that I might try. Smile

LRB

Hell no.  I don't do anything that might injure me (unless it's running).  Which is sad, since I really want to go skiing, but nope.  No no no.

Jet skiing?

bluerun

Super B****

Jet skiing?

Nope, THAT I would do.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog