Beginners and Beyond

Zoom ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Nope, THAT I would do.

Me too! And para sailing, with my chicken ass. Big grin

bluerun

Super B****

Me too! And para sailing, with my chicken ass. Big grin

I wouldn't MIND doing that again, but ... it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I wouldn't MIND doing that again, but ... it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be.

Really? Boo.

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Jet skiing?

That is exactly what I said "no" to yesterday. My friend's Sea-Doo is the most powerful. He even bought a chip to unlock it's factory speed limitation. This video compares the 2009 version of his Sea-Doo (he has the 2014) to the Ferrari 430

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZ6H08-tpY

Jet skiing can be pretty intense

Little Blue

That is exactly what I said "no" to yesterday. My friend's Sea-Doo is the most powerful. He even bought a chip to unlock it's factory speed limitation. This video compares the 2009 version of his Sea-Doo (he has the 2014) to the Ferrari 430

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZ6H08-tpY

Jet skiing can be pretty intense

Are there a lot of job opportunities for a professional Sea-Doo racer?  More to the point, you can get PAID to do that????

Cyberic

Are there a lot of job opportunities for a professional Sea-Doo racer?  More to the point, you can get PAID to do that????

Smile

My guess is there are not many opportunities, but just as there are professionnal snowmobile races, there must be professional Sea-Doo racing as well.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Would you still play?

I badly sprained my ankle in a rec soccer game -- I managed to train through it (was training for my first ultra at the time), but it screwed me up for over a year since I kept re-spraining it on the trails.  I quit soccer shortly after that.

However, I'm not running right now, so I'm going to try to sub for my soccer team again.  LOL. 

Back to lurkdom. 

Running is dumb.

LRB

I badly sprained my ankle in a rec soccer game -- I managed to train through it (was training for my first ultra at the time), but it screwed me up for over a year since I kept re-spraining it on the trails.  I quit soccer shortly after that.

However, I'm not running right now, so I'm going to try to sub for my soccer team again.  LOL. 

Back to lurkdom. 

You are funny!

I was cornered at the copier just before I left tonight and they tried to put the screws on me. I just basically said injury concerns aside, I really have zero interest in playing volleyball right now with this stupid, ridiculous marathon and all that entails coming up.

Plus, it does not help that the day of the tournament is four days before a half marathon, but like a good boy I did not even bring that up. Big grin

I offered to bring refreshments and music instead which seemed to placate them...for now!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You could coach them. Smile

my madsage therapist is 43 minutes late. He is two blocks from here and he has been there for 30 minutes. Traffic sucks today. Did classes start?????

Damaris

LRB

You could coach them. Smile

That's a great idea! They just basically want me to be there anyway. You know, that whole office clown thing.

Classes start here en masse the day after Labor Day.

LRB

0.77 miles outside (!)

Is this a permanent thing? Or will you alternate with the treadmill/AG?

Whatever the case, wear the biggest shoe boats you own. lol

From the Internet.

Is this a permanent thing? Or will you alternate with the treadmill/AG?

Whatever the case, wear the biggest shoe boats you own. lol

Just being impatient, as long as my toe continues not hurting I'll probably try a few minutes every 2-3 days. Outside has always been easier on my legs than the treadmill because I'm weird like that. Going to try walking a mile or two in shortish loops around my neighborhood this weekend to ease back in a little more intelligently - that's something that I'm actually allowed to do at the 8 week mark!

Future Alter-G trips TBD - I'm stuck at home with the kid next week, so might have to wait until the week after to go back. My first visit was free, but it's $25 a pop normally so I won't be going too often.

bluerun

Super B****

Future Alter-G trips TBD - I'm stuck at home with the kid next week, so might have to wait until the week after to go back. My first visit was free, but it's $25 a pop normally so I won't be going too often.

There's another solution to that...

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, I twisted my ankle on Tuesday and I have been running with this out of place:

Massage therapist put it back into place but I just got home so SRD (only Pilates).  I'll catch up tomorrow.

Damaris