Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 46 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I've gone there when they are just opened, just the luck  of the day of having 1000s already there.  I thought HP is at Universal.  How did you make it to Dueling Dragons so fast when that one is on the other park?  I love those two parks and go there whenever I get to Orlando.  Never made  it to The Mummy because it has been broken the two times I've been there since but I was able to ride the one in Cali.  Now Transformers, I cannot wait as the one in LA was awesome.

Nope, HP and the Dragons are at Island of Adventure.  However, next year they will be connected via the HP Hogwarts train:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/05/08/universal-orlando-announces-harry-potter-theme-park-expansion/

StepbyStep-SH

Zen - That run sounds great.

Zelanie - Sounds like the oatmeal/M&M cookies I made yesterday for DS's birthday. The first batch into the oven didn't have enough oatmeal and stuck to the pan, so now I have cookie crumbles to use as topping on ice cream, I guess. Luckily I salvaged enough nice ones for DS to take to school, plus a few to take to a friend today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good to know.  They just need to make you show the ticket for both parks and it should be fine.  I love how they sell you 2 parks in one day.  Both can be seen in one day, except when everybody and their kids are there.

Nope, HP and the Dragons are at Island of Adventure.  However, next year they will be connected via the HP Hogwarts train:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/05/08/universal-orlando-announces-harry-potter-theme-park-expansion/

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

I will run five or six later tonight with some fartleks mixed in. I am starting to do some speed work for my 10k. Also, we have some relatives coming tonight from Germany. They are staying with my parents (around the corner) but we will be busy with them for the next two weeks. They are on holiday and want to do all the "California" stuff. I have been over there a few times so I know them well.

Hip Redux

Oski - I just reread the dailies from yesterday. Very sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Something like that really shakes you.

Thanks.  I think it's going to get worse for her before it gets better...a bunch of us are trying to do what we can to help.   We're getting plans in place for her dogs while she's at her parents, and we are coordinating sending her care packages, stuff like that.  He left three letters - one to her, one to his parents and one to the police.  The police have all the letters still, so she hasn't seen hers yet.   So tragic.

Kettlebell and a run warm up for me today.   I have been sans caffeine so far this morning... LRB, what do you have in your stash that you can share, STAT?

Ric-G

fla - nice tempo there

baboon - congrats on getting back to running

justB - hope the allergies ease off

step - nice 8

pink - nice take on the friends lottery

D - bet any run feels cool after that marathon

hobbit - enjoy the vacation

scotty - i'll take 80 with some rain

zel - be sure to pass me some of those cookies

basya - nice workout this AM

rick - glad the strides felt good

some nice running by you folks this AM. i ran 5.5 this AM and may do a few more this evening. have a great day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the miles, flarunner.

Happy SRD, April.  Maybe.  Probably.

Glad you are running again, Phil!  Personally, I don't like ANY jelly beans.  And feel free to babble away, anyone who has been down from running for a while can relate to how you feel when you come back.   I know I've sure done my share of babbling over the years on the various forums.

Beth, if you have ear pain, the swimming and water getting in your ear does not bother the ear?  Good luck with your 4 miles today.  Sorry you are having to deal with all the allergy stuff.

Congrats on your run, DaveP, nice for you to have beautiful mornings after the winter you had.

Nice running, Step! Sorry about the hip flexor, though.

Thank you, Sarah.  My preferred  beverage is beer....it's Happy Hour somewhere, right?  Glad you have such  a knack for pinkin' good co-workers!  Enjoy working at home today.   Keep the cast dry.   I bet after you got that put on your foot, your first words were "The cast is dyed."  Wink

The world is normal today...Basya has, as usual, completed her workout already. Big grin

Glad the weather cooperated for you for once, Damaris.

Bruce, you had a pacer dog?  Good luck with your miles tonite, hope you don't have lightning.

Congrats on your run, LRB!  Release the endorphins!

Good luck with crunching and pushing, Robert!

Happy vacation, Hobbit!  Where are you off to?

Way to go on the 7 miles,Andrew.

Dang, that sounds like a nice place to run, Zentastic, trail with a river nearby.  Long as there are no alligators... Wink

15 dozen cookies, that is a lot of baking, Zelanie!  Very nice of you to do that!  Hope you are feeling better.

"All the California stuff", lol, Jack.  Just what does that entail?  Good luck with the speedwork.

Ditto, Oski, so sorry to hear about your friend's loss.

Congrats on your early a.m. miles, Ric.  Good luck with the next ones if you get out there later.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

15.8. Just because. It was a good run. Hot but I had a good run.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You can say that again!

fla - nice tempo there

baboon - congrats on getting back to running

justB - hope the allergies ease off

step - nice 8

pink - nice take on the friends lottery

D - bet any run feels cool after that marathon

hobbit - enjoy the vacation

scotty - i'll take 80 with some rain

zel - be sure to pass me some of those cookies

basya - nice workout this AM

rick - glad the strides felt good

some nice running by you folks this AM. i ran 5.5 this AM and may do a few more this evening. have a great day all.

Damaris

I have been sans caffeine so far this morning... LRB, what do you have in your stash that you can share, STAT?

Isn't that some kind of Code Red?

if you are popping over to MI to see LRB, swing by here & you can have a cup of Caffe Verona from my office Keurig. I will be enjoying one shortly as soon as I am done with lunch, since the 3 cups I had this morning post-run may not last me through the rest of the day.

Dave

Hip Redux

Isn't that some kind of Code Red?

if you are popping over to MI to see LRB, swing by here & you can have a cup of Caffe Verona from my office Keurig. I will be enjoying one shortly as soon as I am done with lunch, since the 3 cups I had this morning post-run may not last me through the rest of the day.

I'll be right over!  :P

I decided on a half-caf from green mountain since it's noon and I would be up all night if I went with something full strength.   Three cups would have me up until next Friday. lol

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Dang, that sounds like a nice place to run, Zentastic, trail with a river nearby.  Long as there are no alligators... Wink

I live in Western Canada so I'd be very surprised if I came across an alligator! Shocked

I do have to keep a watch out for bears and cougars though.

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

LRB

I have been sans caffeine so far this morning... LRB, what do you have in your stash that you can share, STAT?

Sorry I missed ya!

My poisons of choice are Veranda Blend Blond, Pike Place Roast, and Donut Shop by the Coffee People.  In a pinch, I can make a pretty good cup of Joe at Speedway.  That premium stuff at McDonalds will also work.

As for black jelly beans or licorice, they are pretty much like fruit cake, you either love 'em or hate 'em.  I mean seriously, no one sort of likes fruit cake or black jelly beans.

My favorite jelly beans or Chuckles are in order; red, orange, yellow and green/grape.  There are sometimes white ones too that I might eat a half of, but eating black ones is just out of the question for me.

Damaris, great run already.

BruceD555, enjoy your evening run.

Rick, sweet 7.5.

Robert, have fun crunching and pushing.

B-Plus, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

Nicole, I hope that you and DH have a safe and fun trip.

Brrrrrrr, great job running seven miles in the early morning.

scottydawg, have a pleasant three-to-four-miler.

Zentastic, awesome easy 10K.

Zelanie, my mouth is watering.

Jack, enjoy the five-to-six. Have fun with your relatives.

Oski, have a wonderful kettlebell workout and a great run.

RicG, have fun doubling.

Marjorie, fantastic 15.8.

I'm sitting in the Dunks near work on my break. It sucks outside. I'd hoped to double today, instead of tomorrow, but, with this weather, HELL no. I have a ninety-minute deep-tissue massage booked for 6:45 tonight. It seems that I'll do either ten miles tomorrow morning or double tomorrow, running before work and after work.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Basya I love how consistent you are with the strength work.

Boon yay for being back to running

LRB can have all the white/pink and black jelly beans from me.  Cannot stand them.

Marjorie