Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Ugly Christmas Sweater Fridaily (Read 17 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I don't think I even have one.  Maybe a tie.

PADRunner

I don't have one either.  Some core work this morning maybe a bike ride later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have several from INKnBURN and their holiday collections, but sadly I am in court and can't wear one.

I ran 3 this morning.  Pilates and a run to and from it to complete my 7 for the day.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I have several from INKnBURN and their holiday collections, but sadly I am in court and can't wear one.

I ran 3 this morning.  Pilates and a run to and from it to complete my 7 for the day.

Not even the fruitcake sweater Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Yesterday's gig went ok, though I didn't feel it was one of our best.  My director felt good about what she was hearing, though, so what do I know?
              Indoor walk for me today, and hopefully DH will have actually installed the new dishwasher he bought for us last weekend.  I'm tired of doing dishes!!  
              I do have an ugly Christmas sweater, but I'm not sure where it is.  I'm currently wearing an ugly brown sweater that's probably a decade old, does that count?

Jerryb -- sport that ugly tie, man!!

PAD -- Enjoy your core and bike!!

Docket -- sorry you can't be festive!!  Enjoy your Pilates and filling out your 7!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

I have a very old winter sweatshirt, showing a chickadee in the snow, but no actual Christmas sweaters.

D - I like the INKnBURN holiday shirts - not ugly at all - but not really appropriate for Court. Good luck on your 4 after work.

Jerry - day off?

PAD - I hope you get a bike ride in later.

HopesMom - enjoy your noontime walk.

Treadmill later. It's warmer today, but still too cold for me to want to run outside (windchill of 11 deg.)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not even the fruitcake sweater Smile

Nope. I think the judge would kill me. Lol

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Docket, are you going to RnRNOLA in February?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket, are you going to RnRNOLA in February?

Not this year.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Singer who runs a smidge

Indoor walk halted by an annoying catch in my hip that made stairs ... problematic. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Indoor walk halted by an annoying catch in my hip that made stairs ... problematic. 

Feel better HsM.