Beginners and Beyond

I'm officially injured. (Read 81 times)

outoftheblue

I think I've messed myself up more than I realized.  After a two week break from running, I did a really easy test run today.  Still had slight upper hamstring pain and, worse, I could tell the my left leg was not moving normally.  My toes wanted to clench inward after push off and my leg fell like it was weak and wanted to drag a bit.  I think whatever is causing the hamstring pain is bothering my sciatica nerve as well.   I'm going to need to get going with a doctor's appointment in addition to the massage therapy.   My lower back and legs were feeling so much better in day to day activities, too.

I'm totally bummed and hope this is something I can eventually work through.    Thanks for letting me vent.

Life is good.

LRB

Sorry Blue!

LRB

If the doc has no answers get a 'script to see a PT pronto. They can usually figure it out during the initial assessment.

StepbyStep-SH

Sending healing vibes for you!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

that sucks, so sorry to hear that Blue. Hope you get a diagnosis and get to a speedy recovery.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Boo! 

Damaris

delicate flower

Really sorry to hear this, Blue.  I hope you get this figured out soon.

<3

PADRunner

If the doc has no answers get a 'script to see a PT pronto. They can usually figure it out during the initial assessment.

+1

Sorry to hear, OOTB Sad

Cyberic

Really sorry to hear this, Blue.  I hope you get this figured out soon.

outoftheblue

Thanks everyone.  The support on this forum is amazing.

One question -- has anyone out there experienced a the feeling where the toes on one foot were curling in, or clenching, as your foot left the ground?  It's like the feeling of grabbing you might get wearing flip-flops, but worse.  Dr. Google comes up blank and I've never heard of this before.  It's truly strange.  If I run on bare feet, it doesn't happen, oddly enough.  

Life is good.

Little Blue

Argghh, just when you thought it was getting better.  Could still be related to your back.  No input, but much sympathy!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So sorry, wishing you a speedy recovery!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

workinprogress11

I hope you get this figured out quickly and that it is not too serious. Best wishes!