Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 47 times)

happylily

Sounds like you're back at it!

Up and down and up and down... That's me and my running. I'll try taking a picture of my bruise tomorrow night (nothing risqué, I promise)

The nice thing about tonight is that it was 11*C in the garage (51F) and I ran in my new lulu clothes. I have a thing for black, it seems. That's all I seem to have in my closet.  Anyway, very comfortable and the crops hid my ugly right leg perfectly.

Mesh With Me Crop ANSW/BLK 8

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

It's an odd number but not 5. 

I can't stand anything longer than 2.5 inches (I mean for shorts...). I have some that are 1.75 inches... But I have short legs. What's your excuse?  Have you seen those shorts with the special pocket inside?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I saw those but didn't dare try them.  Did I tell you I am ordering 4s now in Inknburn and 6s in lulu?  I am like, hmmm, they fit.  OK?

Damaris

happylily

I saw those but didn't dare try them.  Did I tell you I am ordering 4s now in Inknburn and 6s in lulu?  I am like, hmmm, they fit.  OK?

What happened to Inknburn? The website is completely different and they have very few items left. Did you buy everything in their inventory?

LRB

I can't stand anything longer than 2.5 inches (I mean for shorts...). I have some that are 1.75 inches... But I have short legs. What's your excuse?  Have you seen those shorts with the special pocket inside?

I'm a 3" guy so I exceed your expectations, sorry. What's this inside pocket you speak of?

happylily

I'm a 3" guy so I exceed your expectations, sorry. What's this inside pocket you speak of?

3" must indeed look quite teeny tiny on a man like yourself (still talking about shorts, of course ) I saw some short running shorts for men on Amazon that have a built-in pocket for that special part of the male anatomy. It's to prevent any wardrobe malfunction. I thought it was clever.

Half Crazy K 2.0

70 minutes on the treadmill. Warm up, 4 songs at a moderate effort, recover for 1, then 3 recover 1, 2, 1, etc. Makes the time go by a little quicker. I'm glad the treadmill is in my basement so I don't have to care what I look like.

LRB

3" must indeed look quite teeny tiny on a man like yourself (still talking about shorts, of course ) I saw some short running shorts for men on Amazon that have a built-in pocket for that special part of the male anatomy. It's to prevent any wardrobe malfunction. I thought it was clever.

Oh boy. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What happened to Inknburn? The website is completely different and they have very few items left. Did you buy everything in their inventory?

They sold all their inventory and are creating a new line (already out).  They changed their business model.  Now the classic stuff is collector's items.  And yes, of course.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Off to have our Valentine's Dinner tonight.  We hate crowds!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Off to have our Valentine's Dinner tonight.  We hate crowds!

We'll probably go out for lunch on Saturday for the same reason. We tried to eat out Tuesday night and every where was packed, no clue what that was all about.

happylily

Where is the other half of your Valentine's party, D? Not worthy of being in the picture?  We don't do Valentine.. It was bad enough tonight with me having to go to the $ store to buy $60 worth of crap for the Valentine party at daycare tomorrow. I have to get up at 5 am to start decorating the place with tacky hearts, hide chocolate everywhere and be ready at 7:30 am to welcome 6 over-excited kids who can run faster than a lot of people here, ALL DAY LONG! No wonder I am so exhausted after work...

DaveP - stupid knee!  hope it clears up quickly

Baboon - no lost and found?  People suck.

Jack - take care of that ouchy, better safe than sorry

Ric-G - it's 3 degrees here and I've been using the snowblower every day.

Lauren - planning plans sounds like a good plan

Lily - Do you usually have lots of adoring fans to look good for in the garage? Tongue  Bravo for avoiding all those random rings suspended from gallows poles.

D - nice, beating the crowds.

42 min on the bike, 19 min on the elliptical (zomg so weird!).  Trying to get a cranky calf issue under control, tomorrow might be low-impact as well.

Cyberic

I bought a pair of Nike 9" distance shorts. I experimented with the short stuff, thinking I might feel more comfortable with them. I don't. Went back to long.

Cyberic

Mesh With Me Crop ANSW/BLK 8

I was wondering if that was you Lily. Then I said, nah it's not her, that chick's not running on a TM Big grin