Beginners and Beyond

Wake up WednesDAILIES! (Read 47 times)

Good Morning Runners!

Nothing like some Intervals at 5am to wake you up  Good workout but tough for sure.

9mi total w/ 8x800s @ 5k pace// 2:05-10 JR----Splits: 2:59, 3:00, 2:58, 2:57, 2:58, 3:00, 2:57, 2:58

Have a great day!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I didn’t run last night. I have 4-6 miles tonight.

Nice intervals!

Damaris

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning runners! I couldn’t wait to hit the roads last night. Left in daylight with my headlamp. Only used it for the last couple miles. 7 hilly miles @ 8:19 pace with a last mile @ 7:39. I’m starting to get the wheels back.

delicate flower

HELLO IMO lmao

Since wife was up early for a bike workout, I dragged my fat ass to the pool for an unscheduled swim.  2000 yards with the pull buoy.  I've got a bike workout myself tonight, but I plan on skipping the "workout" part of that and just pedal easy for an hour and save my legs for my HM.  Ok then.

<3

Cyberic

Thanks Jay for starting the dailies, and nice morning intervals.

5.5 miles commuting in, for me.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice little run/walk this morning around the UTSA campus in the 59 degree weather.  Enjoying this cool front in San Antonio, which is going away today. Tomorrow our highs will be in the 80s again.    Yesterday after work got in 3.5 miles at Lackland Air Force Base.  Temp was nice, a cool 74 degrees, but the wind was crazy, especially when I was climbing and on top of the pedestrian highway overpasses on the base.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

nice morning intervals.

Hi.

7 miles with 5x800m + 3x200m.

Dave

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

6 easy on tap later. Made it through the Active sign up for me and the wife for the 10K this Saturday without getting their yearly membership.

Nice intervals, Jay and good to have the wheels coming back SUS!   Looks like the last Q before the marathon Dave. Getting close now! ... Rest them legs Baboon! Lol! Don't think your ass could be fat!

zzyzx

abs/shoulder/triceps today

Exercise bike 30 minutes level 13 hill setting 10.19 miles. About average for that bike, started slow but finished strong.

After the gym, I jog or run up the hill to my office and then walk up the 9 flights of stairs. Sometimes I try to run up that hill fast, like I did today, which is the closest I do to sprint work.

Cyberic

Thank you!  This reassures me that I'm on the right track and just need to tweak a few things in my new routine.

I've been "half commuting" 2-3 days a week, running in to work and getting ready at the gym in my office building (they have shower/towels/hair dryer, etc), so bringing stuff back and forth hasn't been a huge problem except when I forget something.  I've been leaving toiletries and an extra set of make up at work so I don't have to remember that and there's a CVS in the lobby if I get in a bind.

I guess at this point my biggest concern is winter.  I think over the next couple of weeks, I'll try a few days of run commuting both ways before it gets really cold and see how that goes.  If I do that, then I don't have to worry so much about having a good coat at work for the bus ride home (walk a couple of blocks on both ends and sometimes have to wait 10-15 minutes for the right bus), which would easily solve that problem.

I have started researching running backpacks and think I found a good one, just need to wait to find the right deal before I purchase it. Having a good backpack would help when I forget to take things to work in advance, that way I can carry with me instead of scrapping the run altogether.

Apparently, there are entire websites devoted to run commuting (just discovered this!) and one of their suggestions was to rinse out the running gear in the sink with either hand soap or something call camp soap or de-finishing soap (I have to look into this) and let it dry so it's not stinky when it's time for the run home.  I can't hang dry clothes in my cube, but there is an empty space behind the cubes that I might be able to squeeze into and figure out a way to hang clothes to dry back there.

I didn't think of it, but yes, "half-commuting" in the winter is a problem. Full commuting is no big deal.

I went to a couple of web sites for commuting info at first, but there isn't much to say. Just a few tips here and there, but that's all right.

At first I also found a few Strava "friends" who run commuted, and that pushed me into commuting more often, as some people will run commute no matter what, and some days I felt like a wimp for taking my car when I saw they ran. For the extra motivation. Now I just do it because I like it.

LRB

It was pouring rain, windy, 50 degrees and dark as hell; so I went out for a run. 

I ran through so many ankle depth puddles and was doused with so many walls of water by oncoming traffic those first couple of miles that I only cared about running fast enough to warm up so I didn't freeze to death.

It (and last night's awful mental slog for that matter) was the type of run you take to the starting line as evidence of the commitment and determination it takes to power through that dark place we eventually find ourselves in during the latter stages of a race.  If only...

onemile

It was pouring rain, windy, 50 degrees and dark as hell; so I went out for a run. 

I ran through so many ankle depth puddles and was doused with so many walls of water by oncoming traffic those first couple of miles that I only cared about running fast enough to warm up so I didn't freeze to death.

It (and last night's awful mental slog for that matter) was the type of run you take to the starting line as evidence of the commitment and determination it takes to power through that dark place we eventually find ourselves in during the latter stages of a race.  If only...

ha same here and I decided to push mine to tonight

but I have had my share of mental toughness runs lately

RunningOnSand

Good Morning Runners!

Nothing like some Intervals at 5am to wake you up  Good workout but tough for sure.

9mi total w/ 8x800s @ 5k pace// 2:05-10 JR----Splits: 2:59, 3:00, 2:58, 2:57, 2:58, 3:00, 2:57, 2:58

Have a great day!

That's wicked fast!

RunningOnSand

Nice job!

RunningOnSand

4.5 miles today. Still nice, easy, recovery miles. I forgot to say that on yesterday's run I heard a very low growl coming from the woods right next to the road - couldn't tell if it was a big dog or a smaller bear? Do bear growl? Whatever it was, when that happened my dog and I looked at each other and high tailed it out of there - with both of us looking over our shoulders frequently. Because I'm sure we could outrun whatever creature that was.