Beginners and Beyond

Oak Bombardment ThursDailies (Read 23 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Rather windy today and while running past a couple stands of oak trees I could hear wind-blown acorns hitting roofs, cars, and the street nearby.  No direct hits on me, happily.  8 miles run with 5 at HMP.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

slow hill walk on a treadmill, alternating 3min at 4%, 1min at 8%…definitely stretched out the back of the right leg….

now chores😐

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 4 on the treaddmill. Drivers are bad enough in clear weather, they will be insane in today's rain.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's windy here but not the 35+mph from yesterday so I'll try my 6 outside later. We should be able to wrap the peer review report today so hoping before noon. It's gorgeous outside today.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  I ran 6 easy on the track.  Another guy showed up shortly after me.  I was in lane 8 and he was in lane 1.  He slowly worked his way over until eventually he was in lane 8 with me, forcing me to switch lanes to pass him.  WHY??  The entire focking track was empty and he had to move over into my lane?  God dammit!

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

No run day for me. Did some flexibility and mobility stuff and upper body. Wasn't raining this morning but everything here is waterlogged. We now have a small pond in the corner of our backyard.

RunningOnSand

Rather windy today and while running past a couple stands of oak trees I could hear wind-blown acorns hitting roofs, cars, and the street nearby.  No direct hits on me, happily.  8 miles run with 5 at HMP.

In my neighborhood it's the squirrels that throw acorns at us--and I wish I were kidding. Mean sons of guns.

I ran 4.6 and felt pretty sluggish the whole time--I didn't get a chance to eat a ton yesterday and I think that was the culprit. However, I'm making up for it now with breakfast--trying my oatmeal DavePNWGoldenRaisin style. Delicious.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

'Morning!  I ran 6 easy on the track.  Another guy showed up shortly after me.  I was in lane 8 and he was in lane 1.  He slowly worked his way over until eventually he was in lane 8 with me, forcing me to switch lanes to pass him.  WHY??  The entire focking track was empty and he had to move over into my lane?  God dammit!

that's really irritating. people are strange...

RunningOnSand

What a weirdo.

Your gif though. Lol lol lol.

RunningOnSand

No run day for me. Did some flexibility and mobility stuff and upper body. Wasn't raining this morning but everything here is waterlogged. We now have a small pond in the corner of our backyard.

Do geese or ducks congregate on it? Ugh. Makes for such a muddy mess!

LRB

I once had a maple leaf "chasing" me during a run as it was being blown up the street by the wind. Scared the living shit out of me! 

LRB

We now have a small pond in the corner of our backyard.

+1

Quack. 🦆

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

that's really irritating. people are strange...

It's bad enough when people walk in lane 1, worse when they walk 3-abreast blocking lanes 1 & 2.  The worst I saw was a guy walking in lane 1 going in the opposite direction of everyone else (at least a half dozen people scattered around the track).  He stubbornly held on for two laps before relenting and switching directions.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I suspect he's incapable of counting on his fingers and thus keeps track of his laps by shifting lanes every time he completes a lap - something far more important than social distancing, or even simple courtesy.

delicate flower

It's bad enough when people walk in lane 1, worse when they walk 3-abreast blocking lanes 1 & 2.  The worst I saw was a guy walking in lane 1 going in the opposite direction of everyone else (at least a half dozen people scattered around the track).  He stubbornly held on for two laps before relenting and switching directions.

lol...the opposite people don't bother me too much if they are out of the way in lanes 1 or 8 and the track is quiet.  I can kind of see the appeal in wanting to change directions to mix things up.  That being said, I've yet to run a single clockwise lap.

<3