Beginners and Beyond

Oak Bombardment ThursDailies (Read 23 times)

LRB

'Morning!  I ran 6 easy on the track.  Another guy showed up shortly after me.  I was in lane 8 and he was in lane 1.  He slowly worked his way over until eventually he was in lane 8 with me, forcing me to switch lanes to pass him.  WHY??  The entire focking track was empty and he had to move over into my lane?  God dammit!

Cringey

LRB

In my neighborhood it's the squirrels that throw acorns at us--and I wish I were kidding. Mean sons of guns.

Reminds of the black and red bird that was dive-bombing me one summer. I was so pissed at that thing I wanted to shoot at it! Messed around and dropped my mp3 player trying to run from it and it got crushed by a car! 

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think some people like to turn off their brain when they run on a track. I was doing intervals one afternoon and there were 3 ladies walking 4 dogs. They took up the whole damn track & then some, and acted shocked each time I came through.

`

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Baboon, what a weirdo. Why go on the same lane?

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Do geese or ducks congregate on it? Ugh. Makes for such a muddy mess!

not that I saw this morning but is does wash all the mulch out of our beds so I get to rake/blow it all back in this weekend. I htink this will be the 4th or 5th time this year. Crazy rainy summer

delicate flower

Baboon, what a weirdo. Why go on the same lane?

He is probably like the blue guy here:

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That being said, I've yet to run a single clockwise lap.

You should consider doing that to balance the stress from the turns on ankles, knees, and hips.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

You should consider doing that to balance the stress from the turns on ankles, knees, and hips.

I've done alternating-direction workouts when I'm at the less crowded of the two tracks I use, early in the morning when I have the place to myself (or in cold weather, when I also have the place to myself).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

<3

bluerun

Super B****

10K with hill repeats because I hate myself, and shockingly enough, the wind was behind me going uphill!

Pondering buying THE jacket because it's the colors I've wanted all along, and I'm paranoid there won't be any left in my size if I wait 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I've done alternating-direction workouts when I'm at the less crowded of the two tracks I use, early in the morning when I have the place to myself (or in cold weather, when I also have the place to myself).

same

LRB

10K with hill repeats because I hate myself, and shockingly enough, the wind was behind me going uphill!

Pondering buying THE jacket because it's the colors I've wanted all along, and I'm paranoid there won't be any left in my size if I wait 

That should have lasted all of a millisecond!

LRB

The bridge I run across every morning is in there somewhere while the sidewalk is completely submerged.

LRB

same

I do it, but don't feel particularly fast when going clockwise. 

LRB