Beginners and Beyond

Oak Bombardment ThursDailies (Read 23 times)

LRB

not that I saw this morning but is does wash all the mulch out of our beds so I get to rake/blow it all back in this weekend. I htink this will be the 4th or 5th time this year. Crazy rainy summer

I'm at 6, where it's usually once.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ha! So you did consider it even if your choice was NO!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sdWhiskers

3 miles. Cooler but more humid. After several HOT days, no new fires in my area so that's a win.

RunningOnSand

Reminds of the black and red bird that was dive-bombing me one summer. I was so pissed at that thing I wanted to shoot at it! Messed around and dropped my mp3 player trying to run from it and it got crushed by a car! 

Oh man--that would've been enough to push me over the edge!

RunningOnSand

You should consider doing that to balance the stress from the turns on ankles, knees, and hips.

Wasn't it Cy that was running on an indoor track that noticed achilles pain from this?

RunningOnSand

Pondering buying THE jacket because it's the colors I've wanted all along, and I'm paranoid there won't be any left in my size if I wait 

do it!!!

RunningOnSand

not that I saw this morning but is does wash all the mulch out of our beds so I get to rake/blow it all back in this weekend. I htink this will be the 4th or 5th time this year. Crazy rainy summer

Oh that's got to be frustrating!

RunningOnSand

3 miles. Cooler but more humid. After several HOT days, no new fires in my area so that's a win.

That's a definite win.

Cyberic

Wasn't it Cy that was running on an indoor track that noticed achilles pain from this?

Yes, but it is a 190m track, that is square instead of oval, so the turns are often and sharp.

Baboon, I would have been exasperated.

LRB, those birds are very common in Montreal. There have even been articles in local papers. They do that when there are kids in the nests, so in a specific season, from around mid-june to... mid-july maybe?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The bridge I run across every morning is in there somewhere while the sidewalk is completely submerged.

The river by our park is almost overflowing and the current is fast. Lots of rain the last few days.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran my 6 outside. Looked like it was going to rain but never did. 56F, windy, cloudy. It was perfect.

Damaris

Cyberic

So there is a marathon in 10 days. I have been running 99% easy for many weeks, like probably 3 months or so, as marathon training was ruled out during humidity pretty quick this summer. Then the cooler days came back, and I have not hopped back into training mode.

Last week I decided that I'd do one key hard workout that would give me some comparison point to previous years. Options like Yasso 800s. A 20 minute tempo run. A 5K TT. A 3K TT. Something. Anything... No... Ended up with Nothing. Pretty crazy to consider entering a fucking marathon when I can't even muster the mental strength to do a workout.

DavePNW

So there is a marathon in 10 days. I have been running 99% easy for many weeks, like probably 3 months or so, as marathon training was ruled out during humidity pretty quick this summer. Then the cooler days came back, and I have not hopped back into training mode.

Last week I decided that I'd do one key hard workout that would give me some comparison point to previous years. Options like Yasso 800s. A 20 minute tempo run. A 5K TT. A 3K TT. Something. Anything... No... Ended up with Nothing. Pretty crazy to consider entering a fucking marathon when I can't even muster the mental strength to do a workout.

Don’t worry, there’s always Race Day Magic.

Dave

DavePNW

6 miles, definitely feeling yesterday’s workout.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Cy - For a lower volume runner, it would be crazy, but as much as you run, not so much. This is your last chance to run a nearby marathon until next spring, and who knows what will happen between now and then. If you have any desire at all to do it, go for it. You can run all out, just to see what results your present training will give, or you can have fun and enjoy the long descent with companions without worrying about the outcome. Your choice.