Beginners and Beyond

Oak Bombardment ThursDailies (Read 23 times)

DavePNW

Go out at PR pace and try to hang on. Obviously.

I tried that at my June race. Do not recommend.

Dave

delicate flower

So there is a marathon in 10 days. I have been running 99% easy for many weeks, like probably 3 months or so, as marathon training was ruled out during humidity pretty quick this summer. Then the cooler days came back, and I have not hopped back into training mode.

Last week I decided that I'd do one key hard workout that would give me some comparison point to previous years. Options like Yasso 800s. A 20 minute tempo run. A 5K TT. A 3K TT. Something. Anything... No... Ended up with Nothing. Pretty crazy to consider entering a fucking marathon when I can't even muster the mental strength to do a workout.

You should it for the most important reason of all, which is to keep us entertained.

<3

DavePNW

You should it for the most important reason of all, which is to keep us entertained.

+1000. We are starving for race reports around here!

Dave

DavePNW

Ooh! My YouTube TV has a free preview of NFL RedZone this weekend! The only problem is that having it one weekend is going to make me want to buy it.

Dave

delicate flower

Ooh! My YouTube TV has a free preview of NFL RedZone this weekend! The only problem is that having it one weekend is going to make me want to buy it.

I have heard some people saying they would rather watch one game in its entirely instead of the jump-around format of RedZone.  Still, you've got to at least check it out to see what the hubbub is.

<3

sdWhiskers

I have heard some people saying they would rather watch one game in its entirely instead of the jump-around format of RedZone.  Still, you've got to at least check it out to see what the hubbub is.

We have the Sunday Ticket and sometimes my husband will put on the channel that shows 8 games at once (!!) It allows you to click around and pick the audio of the one you want while watching all 8 in real time. I cannot handle that, just gives me a headache.

DavePNW

yeah I can see both ways. Years ago, the first time I had a cable system that picked up the NFL Network, it had RedZone too. It was awesome. But it was also a 1-weekend preview, which I didn't realize till it was gone the following week.  It's possible the novelty would have worn off. This is probably not the best weekend for it though. The Bears are on locally, which doesn't happen often, so I'll watch that uninterrupted. And the late game is Seahawks-Vikings - my adopted home team vs a hated rival.

Dave

LRB

Red Zone was a gift from heaven last Sunday as whatever game that was on late afternoon was a snooze-fest (I think it was Dallas v San Diego). Otherwise, I mostly flip between Fox and CBS and watch those two games.

GinnyinPA

A windy day after a night of heavy rain. I ran 7.4 hilly miles.

LRB

yeah I can see both ways. Years ago, the first time I had a cable system that picked up the NFL Network, it had RedZone too. It was awesome. But it was also a 1-weekend preview, which I didn't realize till it was gone the following week.  It's possible the novelty would have worn off. This is probably not the best weekend for it though. The Bears are on locally, which doesn't happen often, so I'll watch that uninterrupted. And the late game is Seahawks-Vikings - my adopted home team vs a hated rival.

Concast has me jumping through a lot of hoops to get Red Zone but it's worth it for me despite the infrequency in which I watch it.

sdWhiskers

Red Zone was a gift from heaven last Sunday as whatever game that was on late afternoon was a snooze-fest (I think it was Dallas v San Diego). Otherwise, I mostly flip between Fox and CBS and watch those two games.

Impossible!

LRB

Impossible!

oops

What are your feeling on their move? Do you still follow them if you ever did or do you not care at all? From afar, that owner came across as a double-talking slime ball.

Half Crazy K 2.0

We have the Sunday Ticket and sometimes my husband will put on the channel that shows 8 games at once (!!) It allows you to click around and pick the audio of the one you want while watching all 8 in real time. I cannot handle that, just gives me a headache.

Before our basement became a stoarge unit, DH built a custom entertainment center where he had up to 4 TVs to watch mulitple college football games. I can't follow that many and my eyes glazed over when he was describing all the input switches.

sdWhiskers

oops

What are your feeling on their move? Do you still follow them if you ever did or do you not care at all? From afar, that owner came across as a double-talking slime ball.

Yes.

I'm glad to not be paying for a fancy new stadium. General sentiment around here is "F the Chargers" but of course there were multiple reasons for that. We never really followed them and only went to one game here--which was not a good fan experience. Crappy team, crappy stadium and fearful for personal safety at the game. I don't see any new Chargers stuff around town, just the occasional old sticker on a car or something. I remember after the move, some tattoo artists were offering good deals to remove or cover up your Chargers ink, lol

San Diego has forgotten about them and is all Padres now.

LRB

Yes.

I'm glad to not be paying for a fancy new stadium. General sentiment around here is "F the Chargers" but of course there were multiple reasons for that. We never really followed them and only went to one game here--which was not a good fan experience. Crappy team, crappy stadium and fearful for personal safety at the game. I don't see any new Chargers stuff around town, just the occasional old sticker on a car or something. I remember after the move, some tattoo artists were offering good deals to remove or cover up your Chargers ink, lol

San Diego has forgotten about them and is all Padres now.

There was something like a 2 to 1 ratio of Cowboy fans in LA on Sunday. And get this, they were chanting defense so loud when the Chargers offense had the ball, it was like the game was in Arlington!