320 Outcasts

Roll call (Read 64 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I sent Brew and PJ messages via Strava about joining here, but haven't heard anything back. I don't think I have the ability to contact anyone else who isn't already here.

DWave - Killer workout this morning.

Danke.  Since it came up, for those not on Strava, I did 3 mile warm-up (9:16), 5K tempo in 19:26 (6:21/6:10/6:12/0:43), then 3 mile cooldown (9:25).  Felt good - hard but controlled  I'm clearly peaking just in time, and great weather didn't hurt.

(I've gotten lazy about dailies, due to non-running workload; I'll do a big two week catch-up this weekend)

Of course, as I noted before, the weather is not looking great.  Not awful, but mid to high 60s by the time I finish.  So not ideal for a fast time.  Such is marathoning in the early fall.  Not sure what that means in terms of PRs, moosemugs, or the rest.

I think everyone made it over save those two, DLS, and WifeofMcBen, unless I'm missing someone (sorry).  I'm friends with DLSBrewing, McBenWife, and PJ on FB, so I can always nag them.

E78 - congrats on your workout!

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

turtleboy

DW: Isn't your race the same day as mine?  October 8?

It is. So far forecast says mostly cloudy and 50 at the start, 65 at finish. Not perfect but not too bad.

Pesto: TB - I would organize my own pig roast on Sunday afternoon if I were you. Or the following weekend maybe. Enjoy the last bit of               taper and don't do anything stupid! And maybe aim for BQ-5 if it's within reach?

I think it is. I've been running the numbers during every workout and as crazy as it sounds I'm probably in shape for 7:10s with a little fade at the end.

Sam: I've still got about fifteen minutes before I can call myself caught up to you. You're right about the center-mid being the place of choice for distance folks. In HS (before I gave up and started running track full-time) they put me there just to wear down the opposition.

Strict WTF adherent

I'm friends with . . .  McBenWife . . . on FB, so I can always nag them.

Better you than me

ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

Better you than me

this made me laugh

Mile 5:24 3k 11:01 5k 19:01 10k 38:34 hm 1:26:57 fm 3:02:33

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

You just thought you could escape me....

Running Problem

Problem Child

I'm here. Unsure how I feel about the forum layout. Unsure if my miles are showing up in the log or I'm not running. Unsure if I'll keep using Ghostery and uBlock or pay $10/year to keep this place up and running. Hopefully McBen didn't just set it up to scam us all out of a bunch of money a la Color 5 mile style.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Strict WTF adherent

Brew, I think you'll be needed here

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/DWARP/forum

And yes, it is a scam.

A 3:20 Slowpoke

Our favorite color has now joined us. Welcome Orange!

PR's   5k - 20:39 (2014).  10k - 42:04 (2014)   13.1 - 1:30:30 (2014)   26.2 - 3:14:21 2017)

Upcoming Races  -   Boston Marathon 4/18

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I actually like the layout.  And It loads much quicker than RWOL did.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I threw Eric (the guy who runs it) $15 (subscription plus extra) because I've used the site on and off since....2012?  I bought a subscription for one year a while back, and then just used adblock, but I appreciate that it's cheap to get rid of the ads so I figured I'd pay.  We'll see how much I end up using the site, since my injured-list status has made me a lot less interested in talking about running, for the short term, at least.

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

Dumb question (like all of my questions) - do we get email notifications when people reply to a thread?  I've tried subscribing but I don't seem to get notifications.  Sad to say, when you are out of sight (in my email) you are out of mind.

resident zombie

Hey guys. I heard something about RW shutting down and saw you all came over here. I've missed you guys! Thought I'd come say hi. Didn't feel worthy but then I thought if Sam can switch to soccer then I can pop in and not be struck down (plus I can provide lots of orange gear as penance). Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated pretty accurate, but I'm trying to get back in shape again. Attempt #397.

Cool to see most people made it over. Would have been nice if RW gave more than a few days between announcing the forum's death and completely removing it. This place seems nice, since I can see more than 3 lines of text on the screen at a time. Max, it looks like you can subscribe to a thread? Next to the top reply button.

Anyways, nice to see you guys again Smile

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

It's great to see ZombiePHoffer again.  And I did get email notification this time.  I've gotten those before but they seemed to stop.  Maybe it's one of those running start software things - it doesn't work the first several times and then a variable finally gets initialized and life is good.

A friend turned 50 recently so today several of us helped him run a 50k in North Seattle.  I had to help DW get to the airport as they started, so I slacked - caught them a few miles in and just did ~28 miles.  Spectacular day here - it was supposed to rain but it was gorgeous most of the time we were out and didn't start raining until a couple hours after we were done.

The Moab folks just changed their logo to say Moab 240.  As the RD said, many of us will run bonus miles to turn 238.x into 240, plus they will remeasure the course when they mark it (over 10 days!) starting tomorrow.  9 days before I start my drive over there.  Oddly, I fretted about Plain for 6 months before I ran that, and I basically didn't start thinking about Moab until a couple days ago.  Ho hum, traveling on foot for ~80 hours.  No prob.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

max, whoa i must have missed something. you are running 240 miles?!  good grief. good luck? break a leg?

phoffer out from the shadows. hello!

we are in portland for the weekend. if anyone has running, food, etc recommendations, send them my way.

in other news, i have learned this week that a bug bite on the bottom of one's foot is a nuisance every single time that foot hits the ground during a run. grand.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

What do you all think of just sticking to a single continuous thread (like we used to), rather than a new thread for each week's weeklies and each new discussion topic?

Also, it's kind of difficult to talk to people of other speeds now...  (not sure of a good solution)