320 Outcasts

Roll call (Read 64 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

My vote: one main thread, but then people can start different threads for race reports (since those tend to be very lengthy and to create their own conversations)

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

AceHarris

I agree with DWave, that one main thread would be ideal.

I think it would be nice to have a thread for race reports.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

Pesto

I agree with rovatti, DkW and ace RE one thread (and a separate one for RRs). In the sub3 group, they also opened a separate thread for personal introductions. I thought it was a good idea, especially if there's new people joining. Just putting it out there.

DkW and ace - great workouts! Looking forward to seeing what you can do come race day! DkW, like your use of German there, must be all the Kraftwerk you've been listening to.

TB - also looking forward to (virtually) see you race! I remember reading on RW that you ran a 1:24:XX HM not long ago. Based on that, I completely agree BQ-5 is definitely feasible for you with good conditions, probably even better (that would be 3:10, right?). I don't think you'd fade much at 7:10 miles.

CK - Saw you had a great LR with the last 10 @ MP, hope the hip issue is resolved. Your race is coming soon too, isn't it? Are you running any tune-up races beforehand?

Welcome back brew, nick and phoffer! Hi max and CD, I don't think I'd seen you around here before.

My week:

I only ran Friday (5.5 miles) and Sunday (10 miles) this week, all easy. Slowly getting back into it this week.

I'm looking into running the 10k race in Budapest in 2 weeks (the FM would be too much I think), and a 5k here in Vienna at the end of the month. Hoping for PRs. For the 10k, it should be feasible since my current PR seems to be on the soft side; for the 5k, it may be more of a challenge. Also, this week I should find out whether I got into London next year. Getting a bit impatient here 

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

Pesto

Also, somebody posted this in RA:

http://web.archive.org/web/20170928045649/http://community.runnersworld.com/

It's an archive of the RW forum, in case someone is interested in going back for some info. At first sight, it seems to be quite complete.

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Pesto - More foam rolling helped loosen things in the hip and I was feeling pretty good Saturday and for my LR on Sunday. I finished the run feeling great, and sat down on the ground with my back against the neighborhood sign to drink some water before heading to the house, which turned out to be a huge mistake. Somehow that did something to my hip/back and I've been limping and in pain ever since. I'm working from home today (and I skipped my run) so I can make a trip to the chiro later to hopefully get it sorted out (again). Likely no running tomorrow, either, just to be on the safe side. 
            My goal race is Nov. 19, and I have a tune-up half on the 28th.

Best of luck with the upcoming races, and getting in to London!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Strict WTF adherent

Just popping in to post m week. Back for more later

Mon - 6.3 easy + 2.1 dog

Tues - 8.2 easy w/ strides

Wed - Weights + 2.6 hard hills

Thurs - Weights

Fri - 6.8 easy

Sat - Weights + 3.2 dog

Sun - 10.6 easy (first double-digit run since June)

Total - 39.8

my week (no running due to tendonitis/bursitis hip thing):

M: 90min XT

T: 90min XT + weights

W: rd

Th: 90min XT

F: rd

S: 90min XT

S: 90min XT + weights

total= 0 miles, 5h elliptical, 2.5h bike

What do you all think of changing the 320 into a thread in the racing forum?   (rather than our own user group)

The sub3's just moved there.

I'm not sure this is a good idea, but it seems a bit more open/social...   Any opinions?

Strict WTF adherent

I'm fine with that, but not sure I can do it.

It's possible we'd need to start another group.

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

My brain hurts - where do I post?  So many options...

+1 to the one thread idea.  Roll call?  The current weekly thread?  A new - you'll want to be seated for this - 2017 thread that looks like the world I came to know and love/hate?

The advantage to moving to an open forum as Rovatti suggests is that some new people will hopefully join and keep the thing alive.  Otherwise we'll eventually all just get injured/old/start playing soccer and at some point there won't be enough energy.  It does mean letting some people in that we will then have to continue to ignore.

Oooh, I'm getting away with something - using the *RWOL* tool to post my week.

Weekly Summary
                      Monday, Sep 25, 2017 thru Sunday, Oct 01, 2017

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                      Day Miles Pace Description Egain Link
                      Tue 9.0 9:16 Afternoon Run 515 strava
                      Wed 15.0 11:49 Morning Run 1684 strava
                      Thu 4.6 10:27 Morning Run 247 strava
                      Fri 3.0 9:20 Morning Run 30 strava
                      Sat 28.1 11:26 50k for Tony's B-Day 2342 strava
                      Sun 4.2 19:12 Morning Run 211 strava
                        63.9 11:34   5029  
                      ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

max - I get notifications but not reliably.

Mile 5:24 3k 11:01 5k 19:01 10k 38:34 hm 1:26:57 fm 3:02:33

Running Problem

Problem Child

I'm fine with one thread for chatter and one for race reviews. I'm also fine with new threads each week. The "location", or whatever it was called, sub-forum on RW was like that.

Moving or not moving....I can't even remember my password. I'm sure I'll be able to find the thread somewhere. I have a feeling there will be a lot of "let just make this more like RW" which makes me laugh because it's comparable to moving from one state to another. When you've lived there for a while and start seeing new transplants wanting to change things to how their state was/is. VERY common to hear Nevadan's blame/complain about "that's how California does it" comments.

My week. LOADS of miles.

Weekly Summary
                          Monday, Sep 25, 2017 thru Sunday, Oct 01, 2017

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                          Day Miles Pace Description HR Link
                          Mon 6.4 9:15 That time you can hold them if you go to the outside 161 strava
                          Wed 6.0 8:05 That time I had to run and buy gas 162 strava
                          Thu 4.1 9:04 That time we were fat slow and unmotivated. 140 strava
                            16.5 8:47      

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

pepperjack

pie man

I guess I uses I had an account from last time.  I was thinking of finding FB's old board he setup and hanging out there.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

pepperjack

pie man

Amused by the avatar and the 15k pr.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

I seem to be broken. My left femur is apparently a little out of whack when it comes to the hip joint, which is causing my troubles. Walking is awkward and painful, so running is obviously out until things are better. This is frustrating not just because I have been having a good training cycle so far, but that this doesn't seem to have been caused by running (running would have IMMEDIATELY ceased if this happened during a run).

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4