320 Outcasts

Roll call (Read 64 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

What do you all think of changing the 320 into a thread in the racing forum?   (rather than our own user group)

The sub3's just moved there.

I'm not sure this is a good idea, but it seems a bit more open/social...   Any opinions?

I like that idea.  I prefer it, actually, for the social reasons.

Sorry for the absence - tough last few days - work has been busy, and one of our cats went into the ICU on Sunday with a gall stone.  She's home now, and we're trying to dissolve it with medication.  Really stressful, though.  And I'm not sure I'm heading to my marathon if I'm not comfortable with her status by Friday.

Just as well, since the forecast for my marathon is looking horrible right now.  Starting temp 60 with near 100% humidity, and rising from there.  Plus a headwind....

Just a lousy last few days.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

...one of our cats went into the ICU on Sunday ... And I'm not sure I'm heading to my marathon if I'm not comfortable with her status by Friday... the forecast for my marathon is looking horrible right now...Just a lousy last few days.

oooof.   my best to your kitty.

I'm fine with that, but not sure I can do it.

It's possible we'd need to start another group.

Can't we just start a new thread in the racing forum    e.g.  "2017 sub3:20 marathons... and WAY beyond!"

I agree with Max - it will help to attract fresh posters to our group.

Is anyone against this move?

(I could start it, but I'm more of a "peanut gallery" type...)

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

I'm late to the party, but yeah, one thread. This is confusing!

dwave: ( !!!! my kitties are sending love to your kitty. hope she gets well quickly.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Pesto

CK - (insert non-existing poop emoticon here)! Very sorry to hear that! Did you manage to go to the sports chiro in the end? Hopefully he'll be able to fix you. A RB (the one who ran Berlin with me) also had some pain in his hip and the chiro said his legs were at different levels (one was looser). He was able to level them, and that seemed to do the trick pretty much instantly.

DkW - sorry about the kitty! Glad to hear she's home now. Forecast can still change significantly within one week, I hope it does! That 100% humidity sounds awful 

rlk - great week! (got too lazy to go back to the other thread)

I'm definitely good with moving to the racing forum, even though I didn't even know this existed until now. Agree that keeping it open would be beneficial.

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

Strict WTF adherent

Regarding moving the thread: I can start a new one. But I want to make sure we're all on the same page about where it should be.

I believe this is the right place.

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/forum/82fab177f92544f69e57ebcd948d004f

But there are people assembling here:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/MarathonRaceTraining/forum

And here:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/MMM/forum

In any case, I'll add a sticky with a link to the top of this forum. And I'll add a link to this forum to the new thread.

FWIW, this group is open to anyone. The problem is finding it.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Let's do Marathon race training (the second option).  Seems the most logical.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Pesto - Things are doing a good deal better as of this morning. A trip to the chiro and lots of ice yesterday seem to have more or less reset things and a lot of the tightness that I think was holding things in the wrong place has gone away. I can actually walk today (as opposed to hobbling yesterday), so hopefully things keep progressing this way.

Thread moving - I could take it or leave it, though I do like our own little area here. It's not like people can't browse through the user groups. I already have, though there wasn't one that seemed to fit besides this one. This place did just get a rather large group of newbies since the Other Place shut down; it may or may not be appreciated by those who were already here if everyone tries to make RA look like RWOL.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Strict WTF adherent

To be clear, the first option exists within the main "All About Running" forums that everyone sees.

The second two are user groups that people would have to find on their own, like this one.

McB -

I like the 1st option...   It is not tucked away into a user group and also the sub3 (and sub2:45) folks are there.

The user groups are a bit harder to find and somewhat confusing (eg "marathon race training" vs "marathon training and discussions")

Of course I'll be happy with whatever....and thanks for organizing.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

To be clear, the first option exists within the main "All About Running" forums that everyone sees.

The second two are user groups that people would have to find on their own, like this one.

Got it.  Let's go with the first.

Strict WTF adherent

I am stunningly bad at the Internet, but I think this should work

BOTT Baby!

Strict WTF adherent

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

(sorry for still posting here, but don't want to join groups willy nilly til i figure out)

so which of the new ones is the go-to? mcB, enlighten those of us who haven't explored RA and learned of its setbacks yet

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

resident zombie

Mr Hotdog are you just trying to lose me again with all these links? Very clever

I think a thread in the racing forum makes sense, and if this group is used for race reports and other random discussions (don't even know what--no more retirements!), it helps keep the "training" thread in check? I'm not sure. Has anyone actually used RA much before?

darkwave - hoping for the best for your kitty! it's tough when they're struggling and there's not much to do. I think you made a good decision though about racing

Keen - glad the chiro helped a bit, hope things keep improving

rlk - looked like you had a fun trip, how did you like Portland? besides the rain Sad