320 Outcasts

Intro (Read 41 times)

Strict WTF adherent

Lifted from RLK's post on RWOL

In 2013, dad said: "I put 3:20 and beyond in the title because 3:20 is more than a goal. It's a mindset and just the start. Many have used this thread's predecessors as their launching point for exploits way beyond sub 3:20. Our alumni have run multiple sub 3s and a bunch of ultras up to the WS100 Tahoe 200; we have members who <del>are going for</del> have gotten Moose Mugs and are going for shorter distance PRs."

We have a few guidelines:

- Everyone is welcome - new timers, old timers, old timers flitting through for a brief cameo, new timers flitting through for one question and then never to be seen again.  Well, everyone starts out welcome...

- We are usually nice to each other.  When one of us needs to be taken down a notch, try to keep the throat punches down to the bare minimum required to get the job done.

- Try to post your training on a weekly basis.  We're all here to learn from and help each other.

Ilana likes capital letters, but we respect freedom of speech and typing style.

- Sometimes you will see strange terms like TURD, BOTT, Botswana / Brezhnev / Biddeford / etc ... one must earn the right to ask what those things mean! Context helps, too.

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Thanks for starting this forum. Should we all post our target races and dates?

26.2 x 31 (3:15:34 PR)

13.1 x 35 (1:30:58 PR)

Author of the book Boston Bound

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

I will add a note and say that if all you do is come to dump your training logs and ask questions but never interact with anyone else about theitr training/life, you can see yourself out Wink

eliz- yes! I'm attaching the gdoc that we set up at the beginning of the calendar year...
        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oUunNjGeTpeJXRJtW0GCjryhBw_9sfVGRMnl4U_N1KY/edit?usp=sharing

I have it set as "anyone with the link can edit", because I did a terrible job of upkeeping it throughout the year. Let me know if you think that's not a good idea.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

RLK - I don't see a big issue with having the file open, especially if things are kept in order by date. Pretty much everyone here is going to be a transplant from our RWOL thread, who should already respect it. I've added my info for the year.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Jim E

All hail our new Thread Dictator!

Jim E

All hail our new Thread Dictator!

OMR

i will take rlk's advice and not dump training logs or ask for advice, since life is too busy to be a regular contributor right now.  but...i may lurk.  if it creeps you out, give me the boot!

oh, and all hail the new thread dictator!

and apparently i am a fish-face...wow, that was a long time ago.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Woohoo!

Also, there is https://www.runningahead.com/groups/MarathonRaceTraining/ for general stuff.