Berea Running Alums

wind (Read 44 times)

So I was pretty intimidated by the roar of the wind when I left my house this morning for a long one on the Huckleberry trail. As I ran the wind was immediately blowing me all over the place but at least it wasn't real cold. I get to the Huck and decide to run off on to one of the little side trails. Turns out that it dead ends into a someone's yardish area, so I turned around because I didn't want to get yelled at or attacked by pit bulls. Just as I turn around I hear a big crack. I looked back and a gigantasauras was chasing me. Okay not really but a huge tree was crashing to the ground about, say 50-60 meters away. That was as cool as the Fontz and Tony Danza doing the Tango in Speedos. Though later when the wind really picked up and I was still far from home, I was scared.
      That happened to me once in college. No one was at practice for some reason...maybe I was late after a class or something. Anyway, a giant storm was blowing in. The wind picked up to something like uhhh, 220 mph (not quite, but sounded like it). As I was running I heard a crack over my head, and started sprinting. I looked back and a very large tree branch was on the trail. Anyway, by the time I sprinted to the field it was raining so hard I couldn't see in front of my face and thunder and lightning was everywhere. I lived though.

Slow by nature, not by choice.

those are all nice stories by you all great runners. my best wind stories all involve people like jimison running in front of me, breaking wind and me collapsing along the side of the road due to the rankness of his septic butt.
        holby

The wind has been pretty crazy here in Portsmouth (we're right on the Ohio river). I was running up a hill on a scenic road in Kentucky and there was a boulder field in the middle of the road along with some enormous trees. Must have happened pretty recently because there would be no way you could get a car around it. Gar2 do you still have that scar from when we got lost in the trails and the briars got you? lol
            Still got that scar right over the tatoo. I guess there both permanent. Jimison: Are you sure you were alone, I think Shag and I were running with you for at least part of it. Maybe we ran into you right after the branch incident, but I remember a big storm that you could see the rain chasing you down and we screamed like little girls.
              You know, I think maybe I did run into you guys in the field. I can't really remember, because the most memorable part was in the woods. Speaking of wind, I ran at Laurel Lake with Chad, Nathan and Roy on Sunday. The trail was littered with huge downed trees that weren't there a couple of weeks ago. I think I had to climb over 3 or 4, and there were already quite a few that had been cut up and removed. The wind has been crazy lately.

Slow by nature, not by choice.