The Bike Shop

It is so quiet here (Read 16 times)

Village people

I am such a chicken. All our roads are winding, narrow and the opposite of flat. I decided to buy a cheap mountain bike and give that a whirl. I like it a lot better but I am still a wimp. Hopping over roots on a narrow path next to a 20 foot drop off to the river is a bit scary but I figure the more I do it the less scary it will be. At least I can swim.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We're pretty much down to only riding gravel, nowadays...road only if it's a large, organized event. It's a shame that it's come down to this.

And Zwift...so much Zwift.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Village people

We're pretty much down to only riding gravel, nowadays...road only if it's a large, organized event. It's a shame that it's come down to this.

And Zwift...so much Zwift.

My DH does a lot of Zwift. He does ride the roads now that the weather is better. It is funny how people worry about the environment but are so anti cyclists. It is a pain but come on!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi Jan!  Thanks for starting a thread!

I'm mostly just road riding.  I don't really like riding gravel and our mountain bike trails are closed a lot.  Need to start commuting into work again soon.  My hip has been acting up lately.  I can feel it even on the bike right now.  I'm hoping this isn't the end.  I thought maybe riding was a solution for me, but I guess only time will tell.  Trying to put in a lot of miles this year...

Running is dumb.

Village people

Your hip again? I’m sorry. We have lots of trails around. My neighbors son does races down ski hills. Umm, no thank you. DH took the day off and we are going to try a new trail today. I row tomorrow so I should be good and sore.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My neighbors son does races down ski hills. Umm, no thank you.

Yeah, I'm too old for that!

I did some mountain biking in Sedona two years ago and it was super fun.  Riding a full suspension bike is so cushy!  I'd like to get one someday, but I just can't justify the expensive with how little I mountain bike at home.

Running is dumb.

Village people

Well if that was a beginner trail, I am in trouble. Lots of big rocks and roots which wouldn’t be too awful if the trail was flat.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Need pictures Smile

Running is dumb.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My DH does a lot of Zwift. He does ride the roads now that the weather is better. It is funny how people worry about the environment but are so anti cyclists. It is a pain but come on!

I think if more people got on a legit, well-fit road bike...and pedaled some new asphalt with a steady tailwind...that they'd get why we're out there. And they'd want to be out there, too.

~ Sarah Kay

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I think if more people got on a legit, well-fit road bike...and pedaled some new asphalt with a steady tailwind...that they'd get why we're out there. And they'd want to be out there, too.

That sounds like bliss.

But tailwinds don't actually exist.  Myths!  Fables!  Stories! 

Running is dumb.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That sounds like bliss.

But tailwinds don't actually exist.  Myths!  Fables!  Stories! 

Ha, right!!

~ Sarah Kay

Village people

Village people

Village people

I snagged those online but that is exactly what we saw.