DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Happyfeet
    01APR2013 April Fools Day 500,000cm Classic 5km Salisbury NC na DNS
    Lpadg
    06APR2013 American Open 2-Mile 2mi Cornelius NC <13:00 13:32
    CliveF 06APR2013 American Open 2-Mile 2mi  Cornelius NC <12:30 12:09
    Joe in Raleigh 06APR2013 Umstead 100 100mi Umstead SP, RTP NC 24hrs & belt buckle 26:36:28

This week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Lpadg 12APR2013 FreeMoreWest 5km Charlotte NC <22:00  
    CliveF 13APR2013 Ukrops Monument Ave. 10km Richmond VA <40:00 42:01 (medical issues)
    old-runner 13APR2013 Charlotte Race Fest 13.1mi Charlotte NC <1:40 1:37:31
    TWHgal 13APR2013 Charlotte Race Fest 13.1mi Charlotte NC <2:05  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

How could I have missed Joe's Umstead 100-mile run???  HUGE!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Oh, RaceFest is this weekend. I love that race. First time I am missing it in many, many years. I have to work.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Out of Race fest due to some other commitments.

Had a nice 4 mile run on Saturday at McMullen Creek Greenway.  Had a 40-50 minutes window of running as I was driving through there, had running gear in the car. Out I jumped and started running, didn't break a sweat running under my HM race pace (only for 4 miles though).

Needed some nice weather to get the spring back in the legs, hope the treadmill days are done for the year. I am a cold weather wimp and refuse to run outside under 40 degrees when there is a Treadmill at home.  Need a couple more of these kind of easy tempo runs to get the confidence back.

Congrats Joe. Very impressive.
            old-runner

I'm planning on running the Racefest Half Marathon this week too. Hoping to just be under 1:40. Ran the Knoxville Half Marathon in 1:37:15 yesterday and got "1st Place Overall Senior Grandmasters Male" (I read that off the trophy).

Racefest will be my third half marathon in four weeks so I'm not sure it's a great idea but I'm already signed up so I'll go for it.

I'm actually bailing on RaceFest myself.  Couldn't work out the Saturday and kid activities.  I'm going to run a Friday evening race called the FreeMoreWest 5K.

I'm going to run a Friday evening race called the FreeMoreWest 5K.

When I first saw that name I thought it was a very bizarre name but apparently it is the name of a section of Charlotte that I have never heard of. If anyone is contemplating on running a PR you would want to run this -- have you seen the course map?  And where the heck is the "greenway" in this neighborhood (west of Johnson & Wales)?

How is everyone dealing with this heat this week? A very unwelcome development (the temps averaging in the 50's in Feb/Mar and now 30 degrees higher).

Rob

Rob, the race director is in our group.  Not sure if you know Brad Norvell. He runs on Tuesdays I think and is on my trail team for the Ragnar Trail Relay Series in June.  Looks like many of the most active Charlotte Runners are running it.  Nice festivities afterwards.  I didn't know of the greenway either.  It should be fun.  Glad to hear the course might be a PR course.

I don't know Brad (I looked at his profile on CLT Runners but he isn't in his running costume so its difficult to figure out who he is). So you have not seen the course (its on the website)...if it is correct, the course is measured at 3 miles for a 5k (hence why it is a PR course!).

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

100 Miler???  Nice job, Joe.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Rob, I saw the map and didn't notice it showed as being short. And it does. I checked with the Brad and the course is certified. Lee Timing handled the certification and the timing itself. The website itself is not official.
                            Rob, I saw the map and didn't notice it showed as being short. And it does. I checked with the Brad and the course is certified. Lee Timing handled the certification and the timing itself. The website itself is not official.

USATF says so (NC13030DF). Smile

-- Dick LeBeau

I stupidly left Boston out of this thread, but should have included it.

GO SCOTT (SForrester)!

Bib 5536

Split Split Time Split Pace Total Time
                              5k 21:44 7:00 21:44
                              10k 20:59 6:46 42:43
                              15k 21:03 6:47 1:03:46
                              20k 21:02 6:46 1:24:48
                              HM 4:30 6:37 1:29:18
                              25k 16:17 6:43 1:45:35
                              30k 21:26 6:54 2:07:01
                              35k 21:30 6:50 2:28:30
                              40k 20:59 6:50 2:49:29
                              FINISH 9:03 6:49 2:58:32

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Has anyone heard from Scott to make sure he is OK? I don't know him, but maybe someone here has a way to get it touch with him?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.