Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 11/15/2010 (Read 203 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Got out for a quick 5 mile run this evening.  Was glad to not be rained on. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

After the last two runs, I can honestly say I need a rest week.  Legs are shot.  I better get some rest in before the 5k this weekend or Richard might pretend he doesn't know because I ran so slow! 

old-runner

Lynwood... I might be back there running slow with you this weekend!

It should be fun fast or slow, but the faster the funner.

Are any of you besides me and Lynwood running the Santa Scramble Saturday afternoon? It's everybody's big chance to run their fastest race of the year!

theyapper

On the road again...

I am HATING the fact that I can't do the Scramble!  I'll be in Charlotte doing the last TR preview run as part of my last 20 miler before taper.  I had been looking forward to running the 5k until I realized the dates conflicted.

You guys will have fun, I'm sure!

Paul

More base-building here.

And no Santa Scramble for me -- I'd rather watch Happyfeet crash and burn kick ass in his marathon debut!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I'd rather watch Happyfeet crash and burn kick ass in his marathon debut!

No Pressure or anything right.

I have a chauffeur, a cheering section, and more importantly beer/pie/real food after the race.  So yeah I am looking forward to this race, except the fact that my feet are not happy with me these days (heh) . Hopefully I'll be chauffeuring some of you to this race and volunteering there next year. 

Any of you want to do Grandfather Marathon in July.  heard it was another easy marathon 

theyapper

On the road again...

A windy 8 mile pace run for me this morning.

Sashi, which marathon are you running again? Sorry, I'm too lazy to look back through the threads to find it.

Paul

The Monkey

under a rock

Oh, you are doing the Monkey as your first! Brave soul!. Can't wait to hear what you think about it. When is it?

I had my first PT today. They had to do some modifications to some of the stretches to get me a good stretch. Then the PT did some work manipulating my right leg to try to unlock my SI joint. It's feeling pretty achy right now so I think she managed to get a little more range of motion started. She told me to try going past 5 miles on my next run and I have a bunch of homework to do with stretches and strengthening. Next week I go back two days.

Richard, I'm signed up for the Santa Scramble this Saturday.  I ran the course on Monday.  Is the finish actually in that Adult Home parking lot about 200meters past Branchview?  I also read that they bus you from there up to the starting line -- is one able to bring along a drop bag on the bus (where you can wear your trainers to warm up along w/other warmup clothes & bring your racing shoes up with you) and where you can then throw the drop bag back on the bus (or does one have to find a creative hiding place in/near the hospital)?

Rob

old-runner

Richard, I'm signed up for the Santa Scramble this Saturday.  I ran the course on Monday.  Is the finish actually in that Adult Home parking lot about 200meters past Branchview?  I also read that they bus you from there up to the starting line -- is one able to bring along a drop bag on the bus (where you can wear your trainers to warm up along w/other warmup clothes & bring your racing shoes up with you) and where you can then throw the drop bag back on the bus (or does one have to find a creative hiding place in/near the hospital)?

Yep, you can bring a bag to the start. Just before the start they have a place for you to put your bags and they'll have them at the finish when you get back there. Everybody parks in the Adult Home parking lot (I don't remember the exact name but it's the one you were at I'm sure) and they have some school buses that take you to the start. One thing to be careful about is to be sure you get there in plenty of time to catch the bus. I guess it says on the website what time you should be there to catch the bus but it's quite a while before the race (1:00 or 1:30 maybe?... guess I need to look at the site before Saturday!).

theyapper

On the road again...

Cold 5 miles this morning.  Now, I'm off to Civil War Adventure camp with my sons' 6th grade class.

Paul

under a rock

I successfully ran over 5 miles today with no pain! Looks like just one session of PT did me lots of good. Looking forward to next week's sessions to see what else we can get worked out.

Thanx Richard.  Registration/packet pickup cuts off at 1pm sharp....so I assume that is about when the last bus departs.  I'm thinking of getting there around 12:45pm and then driving back up to the starting line vs. taking the bus (I always do a ~3 mile cool-down after a race anyway).  I hate to "wait around" up there for almost an hour before starting a warmup.  The website says the race will start as close to possible to 2:30pm (but the email I rec'd today says to get to the starting line at 2pm -- makes absolutely no sense to warm up and then wait around for 30 minutes?)?

Rob

Are we there yet?

The Monkey

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND @ THE MONKEY!!!!!  Remember..  if it were easy.. everyone would do it!!  Smile