Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/18/10 (Read 241 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Did long run with DW. Both of us were sore afterward - legs and feet. I woke up (now) middle of the night for a snack, so I turned it into a brief RA/FB break. Happy Sunday morning  everyone!

(And PS, Kim, we really enjoyed lunch after Nat'l last year; thank you very much.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And for sarcastic computer-generated cartoon break, reposting this link:

http://brandonsmarathon.com/2010/01/i-think-you-just-need-to-train/

heh heh.  I need dimpled wheels.

Kim - we liked the place we went to last year  (what was the name of it?).  And if Dave isn't coming we don't have to worry about him driving back and forth to Virginia three times before arriving 

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Looks like we're in for National.  Haven't registered yet, and still trying to feel out whether or not I should leave the family behind on my birthday week-end.  DW said it's fine, but...

If we do come, I'm sure we'll love the meeting place from last year, too.  Just be sure to include diagrammed satellite imagery for me.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

heh heh.  I need dimpled wheels.

Kim - we liked the place we went to last year  (what was the name of it?).  And if Dave isn't coming we don't have to worry about him driving back and forth to Virginia three times before arriving 

Ouch.  That hurt.  

But not as much as the last 6 miles of that marathon last year.

The meetup before the race was easy (out in front of the armory).  The meetup after was more challenging.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Ouch.  That hurt.  

But not as much as the last 6 miles of that marathon last year.

The meetup before the race was easy (out in front of the armory).  The meetup after was more challenging.

So, does that mean you're coming??  Smile

Hawt and sexy

Yeah.  Um, I think you should train in the speed suit.  Even turning stones.....

Pondering the perils of maybe going to Jamaica.  I guess if I run there I will be chased by children and asked if I want women.  I will also see 'high' people.  I tell you, it sounds just like where I run now. Wow.  Maybe I should just go to Canada instead.  Ok, seriously.  Don't warn me to not run in another country.  I have seen the Olympics and am pretty sure women run just about everywhere. I think the only thing that merits warning are the cultures that want women in public covered head to toe.  Other than that, I am sure the same common sense we use at home works every where. I gotta get to the Caribbean sometime. 

I'm touching your pants.

Bugs

Willa,

You're a free spirit. If I were free to travel I would.

I biked yesterday with injured RP and it was pretty hard workout, today my butt is so seriously sore and afraid to make it worse.  I skipped a run to spend time with friend, odd.

I got on a ragnar team! All girls that ran it last year get first priority to be on team, and I had already jumped on a different team last year, so I needed someone to drop off. So happy because I felt really left out not being on the team. I hope 12 girls can get along, that is a lot hormones with no sleep in tight quarters.

Bugs

Bugs

Ran 6 miles. All I dared.

Bugs

Hope everyone has been having a GREAT weekend!!

My weekend has been full of fun. Yesterday my youngest son got 2nd place in his pack Pine Wood Derby which means he's going to Districts!!!! Inlaws came over to celebrate taking us out to chinese MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

An RA friend was here in PA for the weekend so a few of us met up to run together. Ran 14 miles with Karen and Shan. Michelle (mississippi) joined us for around 10 (she ran a couple before us with the rest of the group and kept going when we stopped). Glad to report everything felt great *knock on wood* DH and RP wasn't  to keen on me running 14 (thought it was too soon) however I knew that if I kept it nice and slow all would be good and it was. Felt like I could go on forever when we finished .  Ask dh if he wanted to do a weight workout tonight. His reply was YOU ARE NOT working out tonight. If I'm feeling as good as I am today looks like a 2 workout day tomorrow.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Rolled my ankle at start of run. Insisting on doing a couple miles on it anyway. Probably very dumb. Now I get to see how long til I can walk again...

TY -- one more for the National team blister reunion!

Amanda - those kids won't be able to keep up with you for very long -- I think you'll be ok.

Pam - way to go!  Good to see you getting better

Perry!

I've been taking a longish time off of running -- my middle inner thigh was very sore after the last 5 I ran on Wednesday.  Good news is that skiing doesn't seem to bother it, so I think when I get back this Thursday I'll be good to go.  A week off seems about right, and I am getting some exercise with the skiing.  Decided not to bring running clothes so I wouldn't be tempted (and I would be).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Rolled my ankle at start of run. Insisting on doing a couple miles on it anyway. Probably very dumb. Now I get to see how long til I can walk again...

Sounds like something I would (have) done though it was a couple miles before the finish of a trail 30k. Sending LOTS of fast healing vibes Perry!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks Lou! Lets hope the week off for you does the trick! Glad to hear you're getting some cross training in (that is what Skiing is isn't it). That is ONE thing I miss being able to do since my accident in 2001. LOVE down hill skiing however can't take the risk. I'm pretty good about controlling myself however I have no control over others.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Decided not to bring running clothes so I wouldn't be tempted (and I would be).

Smart move.