Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/9 (Read 263 times)

305 - I am a metrics junkie so I wear the hrm all the time  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Woke up and first thought I had was, "oh crap. I'm running a marathon today."

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

heh.  Go get 'em, Paul!

Dave

Go Paul!!

Woke up thinking about Richmond and your journey today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!   (said in Rob Schneider's voice)

GO GET EM!

Good morning -- I'll be tracking Paul and another friend at Richmond this morning.

3.1 miles, 28:10, 8:57/mi, AHR 136 (69% MHR)

Getting ready to brew, will start in an hour or so.

Dave

Good morning -- I'll be tracking Paul and another friend at Richmond this morning.

I've been looking for a Richmond runner tracker.  Can you provide a link?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Paul's unofficial time at the half-   2::13   Go Paul!

I'm also tracking a guy who's new to our running group who just came through the 20 mile mark at 2:08.  Man,  I knew he was fast, but I didn't know he was that fast.

PAUL JENKINS 3:27:45 @mile 20

Bear down, Paul!

PAUL JENKINS 4:48:55 @finish

Way to go, Paul!

WTG PAUL!!!! CONGRATS!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Congrats Paul!  We knew you could do it!

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Awesome run Paul!  WTG!!!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Had a very enjoyable run today. Turns out the shoes I've been wearing lately are deader than dead though I thought that about the ones I wore today. Guess they weren't  quite as dead as I thought. my short run turned into a 10 miler. Between picking up food for "Scouting for food" , my runs, tomorrows hike with the scouts I should be nice and tired next week just in time for the twins half days all week.

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey guys.  It's cool that you guys already knew my time before I even posted here.  

I'll post more later - I'm pretty tired (more mentally than physically) right now.  I noticed that my 20 mile split was very close to my 20 mile training run, so I felt like I did a pretty good job pacing myself.  If you look at my splits you'll see 4 miles that were really bad.  I was doing a good bit of walking because my legs - both of them - felt like they were on the verge of cramping after I'd run about .25 to .5 miles.  That really slowed me down.  I did pick it up over the last 2.2 miles so I finished very strong.

I learned a lot about myself and marathons, and I've got lots of questions to ask all you brilliant people later.

You'll never know how good it felt to know you were all tracking and thinking about me.  I love being a part of this group.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul