Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/23 (Read 280 times)

Hail to The Victors!

13 of fun today at lunch. Started out sub 8, and just sorta kept going, last two were sub 7 (1:41:34). That was...unexpected. I expected to feel worse after 40 miles in three days, but it was all there and still rolling. It's getting time to do more speed again myself, I think
      Nice running, JH -- screaming fast, I'd say!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Cash and MrI - I have been wondering about giving blood and how long it sets you back. Really it could be as long as a week or two? .
        I think it's going to be highly individual, like anything else. This morning I hammered my cruise interval session, even added on a third 10 min interval, although that was a bit much it wasn't too much. I made all three intervals and finished out the hour that I had wanted to do. I think I'm ready to start piling some miles on.
        Kimmie

Speaking of being sick and not running... I've promised DH that I won't run until my cough is TOTALLY gone. This is hard. but I think I can do it. And Shan, don't let Dave bully you into running before you need to. Smile So, even though I haven't run in almost a week, I'll just keep checking in here, if that's OK. some really great running here as always. Mr. I- I'm impressed that you gave blood and then did an awesome workout.
          Cashmason

Kimmie, this is a group of friends who share their lives. You don't need to be running all the time to post here. If we did, I would have been kicked out long ago for swimming and biking and not running. 8 easy miles in 75 minutes on the treadmill tonight. Won't make 100 miles this month unless the condo's have a treadmill. 13 degrees in only shorts and short sleeve tech tee shirt doesnt cut it for me outdoors, in snow, and darkness. Gonna be gone 5 days skiing. Will take the laptop. Not sure if the condo has internet.
              Gonna be gone 5 days skiing. Will take the laptop. Not sure if the condo has internet.
              Where are you going skiing, Cash? We're leaving for Montana - Whitefish Mountain Resort - Saturday.

Cashmason

Heading to Mammoth, home of Deana Kastor. Been there many times, have never seen her. Its just a 6 hour drive and 150 runs. I have heard Montana has a nice mountain The Big Mountain I think. I used to date a girl in Billings, and Whitefish is lovely, but it can get Erika cold up there. Have a great time Lou, and dont tear anything up, goes for Harriet too.
                Cashmason

From the Kick give blood thread: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Question, how long does it take to recover from giving blood? In terms of racing. For training, no big deal, but if you have a goal race coming up, how long will it be before you are back to full strength? Thanks. #96 02-24-2009, 07:56 PM Mustang Sally Location: BC Posts: 2,128 Blog Entries: 3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cash, it took me a week before I felt human again... and it's been a month and I'm just starting to feel like I'm moving forward in my training after a long pause. Go with caution and maybe consider donating during your recovery and base buildup after the goal race
                    When I used to play soccer, I'd always worry about getting hurt the game before going skiing. Now I worry (but only a little bit) about getting hurt skiing before a race. I have ACL braces for both knees -- these don't make me indestructible but they do help. I ski aggressively, but under control, so hopefully that reduces the possibility of injury enough. Thanks for following up on giving blood, Cash -- I'll hold off until after Boston. 11.1 miles, 1:35:37, 8:36/mi, AHR 142 (71% mhr)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

started coughing yesterday evening. I can usually tell if I need to rest it out or sweat it out. I think I'm gonna run easy for 30 min today and then hit the sauna.

Hail to The Victors!

I think it's going to be highly individual, like anything else. This morning I hammered my cruise interval session, even added on a third 10 min interval, although that was a bit much it wasn't too much. I made all three intervals and finished out the hour that I had wanted to do. I think I'm ready to start piling some miles on.
                        Nice work! Hopefully the cough is nothing but a passing fad for you! Kimmee, get well soon! Hopefully, you can get out there soon!
                          BTW, the new garmin load for the log works great!

Oh Mighty Wing

2 miles on legs of jello - feels good to be moving!

Dave

BTW, the new garmin load for the log works great!
                              It sure does. That is beautiful, Lou. Glad to see you back out there Shan. May not run today (maybe treadmill tonight). Going to a funeral this morning for a guy I worked for early in my Army career. Cancer took him way too young. Carpe Diem, everyone.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Cool new toy! Big grin Now only if my pace went faster as my HR went up.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.