Marathon Trainers

WEEK 3/23 (Read 447 times)

First off Lou, you had a GREAT long run! Second off you don't have to run a marathon to complain about tired legs. Running almost 60 miles for the week is more than enough!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

First off Lou, you had a GREAT long run! Second off you don't have to run a marathon to complain about tired legs. Running almost 60 miles for the week is more than enough!
      definitely!!!!
      Kimmie

Hey Dave, you know what I'm going to say about you running Frederick Smile Pam- wow, is all I can say. Shan - sorry to hear about your troubles during the race. was there anything that you did differently this time? Just got back from a 16 miler. felt good but I could tell I ran on massive hills yesterday. Weather was gorgeous and then it started pouring... that was fun. I sped it up as much as possible. fun stuff. Murphy-how did it go????
          you know what I'm going to say about you running Frederick Smile
          I sure wish I was in town for our local race -- I would definitely have you all over, but I think I'd be disowned if I skipped our niece's wedding Tongue
          Pam- wow, is all I can say.
          You got that right, Kimmie -- Pam is the machine around here. Well, Shan, too now I guess Cool Nice 16 -- that's a fun distance to run, I think.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah Pam is a machine!!

Dave

Loved the summary, Shan. You puked. I'm so proud. Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

hahaha yup - almost hit some fishers. Big grin

Hail to The Victors!

Posting this from my iPhone in the airport, so let's see how this goes. Dave, I had an absolute blast running with you this am. Running with good company makes running fun, hopefully there will be a few more runs in the cards when you get up this way for good. Though my wife wants me to tell you that my inability to keep track of time is hereditary, not from how fast I can run. She's so funny, that one. Erika, we will probably be vacationing in Fairbanks one of these years, we really liked it up there, so we might just take you up on that. Shan, nice race. No PR, but you are getting the full spectrum of marathon experiences, aren't you? I can't believe I hit 75 this week, I only have a couple of chances to make 80, but I think that will involve 2adays, which I'm not mentally ready for that, yet(and neither is my wife, I think). I still have to frame a time goal for my 10k next week. It's not a sub 40 course, but maybe in the 40s would be nice. Nice running this week everyone!
                    Hey Shan. Congrats on another one!! Way to pass the dude at the end. And, I'll take a bad 4:15:00 any time. Youve come a long way. I see a BQ in your future if you focus on a goal race on a flat course in the fall (Columbus? Big grin). I can tell you are having a blast. Keep doing what your doing as long as you are having fun!! Got my 14 in. Rainy and windy--but once I was running the conditions didnt bug me. Was running real well until the last 3 miles. THen I had to do a lot of walking. I cant quite put my finger on it. Wasnt breathing heavy..My legs were ok. But I had that end of the marathon feeling when I cant quite sustain a run. I think, today it was that I was really dragging all day, and ran 8 miles yesterday and 13 Thursday. Tomorrow is an off day. I think I will cut back my total miles a bit next week, but push my long run further. Great week though. 2 runs over 13 miles 50 miles total And feel ok, considering.

Dave

2 runs over 13 miles 50 miles total And feel ok, considering.
                      That's really great, Murphy. Couple more of those and you'll be blowing right past the 4 hour mark yourself with ease. 50 mile weeks are no joke. Way to go!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah Murphy!!!!!
                        Kimmie

Good job Murphy!!!

Hail to The Victors!

Nice work, Murph!
                            evanflein

Good runs for all you guys. I guess I need to go find a post from Shan about another marathon?? Well, somebody has to drag down the average, might as well be me this time. My run sucked. Capital "S" Sucked. I knew I was in trouble at mile 5. Tried to make it to 7 to use the "facilities" at my parents' house, but couldn't make it... found a long driveway with a snowmachine trail off the side and went down there a few feet... ahhh. Glad I carry Kleenex in my waist pack. Roll eyes So... on I go to mile 7, stop at my folks' house to get a drink and clean up a bit... um, they're not home. So... mosey on a bit further, and say to myself "This SUCKS I want to go home!" Called DH and had him come get me. In the meantime, I'd turned around and started running back to home and he picked me up when I had 9.1 on my Garmin. I didn't even want to try to make up the mileage on my treadmill. Forget it. Issues: Why the FU** can't drivers move over for you?? Are they trying to prove a point that you shouldn't be on the side of the road (off on the shoulder, facing traffic, mind you) so they try to brush your shoulder?? I couldn't believe it. The traffic was so heavy today, not like last weekend at all. The temps were perfect, but the new snow on the shoulder over the ice and slick hardpack was really slippery. Last year on this weekend (last Sunday in March) I was running on the cleared bikepaths! There's no indication the highway dept. is even thinking about clearing them this year. I'm so sick of winter. So tired of running in snow and slipping and staggering around. I'm so done with this winter training crap. Grrrr! Angry I'm not doing a late winter/early spring marathon next year. Just not going to deal with it. I hate training up here. There, I said it and I'm glad. ... when is spring coming? No
                                Nice runs, Murphy. Erika - I hate those drivers. Have you noticed that different states seem to have different types of drivers in this area? I noticed in all my trips to NV that they seem to give you less room than I get in MD. Sorry you live in a state with discourteous drivers. As for the run - these will happen. But you're in a) great shape, and, 2) will have a great long run next weekend, so I wouldn't worry about it one bit. I can't "fix" the weather (why is it that men always want to fix things), but spring will come soon.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com