Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/11/2010 (Read 133 times)

Kimmie

hmmm.... maybe I'll refer to myself as lazy.

Where's Bugs, anyways?

So, a friend of mine asked for help in getting in shape-  can I train her?  But she isn't able to pay-   no problem.  Today is the first day we were to meet and it's 50 degrees and raining.  Smile  She wanted to know if we would still run.   Ah, yeah.....  Now, I'll  be the first to admit that sometimes I choose to not run when it's like that outside.  But sometimes I do and I know that I won't melt.

Wonder if the friendship will survive me telling her what to do-   she most definitely underestimates herself.   When she told me that she couldn't run anymore, I said " But, you're talking to me in long sentences and not gasping for air.  You're fine."   

I'm kind of mean.

Not so mean.  "encouraging" is the word I would use.

3 easy miles for me this morning, before said rain started.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

When she told me that she couldn't run anymore, I said " But, you're talking to me in long sentences and not gasping for air.  You're fine."   

I'm kind of mean.

+ 1,427.  Made me laugh.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

All of this confirms why my wife won't let me train her for running or anything else.

Your friendship might survive.  She's smart enough to know our marriage won't.

Being military, your comments don't sound mean at all.  How about "Push it!! Rest when you're dead!"  or one of the old standby "My grandma goes faster than you" comments.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

I hate that last comment, Dave, only because it's true.  I never could catch my Grandma.

4 easy miles.

Paul

Dave

Sorry about that Paul.

5.25 for me today with DD12 riding her bike alongside.  Went WAY too fast trying to keep up with her.  Probably around a 8:10 average pace...

You know who we haven't seen in a while?  Mr. Inertia.  

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Super happy about my run this morning... 9:10 pace - 4.3 miles and ITB is just "a little" tight-     Will do some foam rolling, so it should be OK.  At least I hope... I know it's tricky to know how much is too much.   Can't seem to switch to cross training more...

So, Army Ten miler is still a maybe.... we'll just have to see.   Dave, what are your plans?

theyapper

On the road again...

Glad to hear it, Kim.

I ran 9 this morning.  Slower, very easy, and I crossed 3,000 miles of running.  Woo-hoo.

Paul

evanflein

Nice, Paul! Hey, you could catch Grandma eventually, I'm sure.

Not mean at all Kimmie. Probably just what she needs. But yeah... sensitive ground. Dave, that's why I could never work for my DH. He used to ask me if I'd want to help him out in the office, and I've always managed to say I just don't think that's a good idea. One thing to be married to him, quite another to deal with him in a work setting. No thanks.

Glad to hear the ITB seems to be settling down, Kimmie.

Yeah, Mr Inertia has been gone a long time. Bugs is infrequent at best, but better than Pam or Willamona. What's up with you guys?

Hey Murphy, how's it looking for this weekend's race? You still doing it?

A nice 5.3 miler in bright sunshine yesterday at lunchtime. Temps were cooler than Wednesday night's 10.5 miler in the evening, but felt warmer because of the sun. Gotta love it. Today is another sunny day, albeit clouds out there on the horizon. I don't usually run on Fridays, but when it's nice out like this at this time of year, you've got to take advantage. I'll be running an easy 3-4 or so at lunchtime.

theyapper

On the road again...

Got up this morning and ran 19 miles.  5 easy to warm up, 10 a tad faster in the middle, and then a 4 mile fast finish with progressively dropping paces.  19th mile was my fastest somewhere near 8:40.  Felt good.

Every time I run long runs, it makes me appreciate the length of a marathon that much more.

Have a great Saturday.  I hope everyone's team wins (unless yours is playing mine, of course).

Paul

Dave

Wow, Paul. Awesome run. I need to start extending mine again. Who am I kidding. I need to start running some again. 5.2 again today but easier this time. Kim, I'm running the Army 10 with a team from work plus Perry and Trikev. We,ll get together Saturday night and before and after. Hope you make it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good to hear, Kim.

Most excellent run, Paul -- nice finish.

8.2 easy for me this morning -- then I looked at the pace and it was 8:29/mi.  Where did that come from?  Beautiful day to run, even with the wind.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

hey all..not doing Columbus. I was considering it up til last night. Knew I wasnt prepared, and if I would have run it, I would be worthless for a few days..and dw has been pretty run down. To top it off, I fell down while carrying Ava..she's unscathed, but I bruised my foot pretty badly. Wasnt meant to be.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Condolences, Murphy.

I finally got a (contiguous) long run in, today -- first time in a long time. Left me tired and sore, and flirting with nausea afterward -- not terribly surprising.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry, Murphy.  Hope you and your wife are feeling better soon.

Good runs, Lou, Dave and Perry.

MTA: I just looked back at my logs and realized this week was my highest weekly mileage ever.  I smiled.

Paul