Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/18-8/24 (Read 259 times)

evanflein

Cash, those crows are getting ready for quite the workout... Have fun with the tri coach! Hit the gym tonight... 20 minutes on the elliptical (which hurts my foot more than walking...), 30 minutes of weights, and 30 minutes of pool running. Felt good to do a full workout, it's been a long time. Shan, nice closet, but you've got so many more shoes than clothes! I did notice the running shoes on the bottom... gotta move those up, girl!!

Oh Mighty Wing

the other half wasn't finished yet - it's nothing but clothes.

Dave

Shan, please don't post a picture of the other half. My wife has already concluded that I'm less of a husband and should be doing more projects and less running. Just under 8 today with 800M repeats and hills. Painful stuff. Glad its over with.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Inertia, You were missed here. Congrats for having a life outside of running, even all of it has not been "running smoothly". I hope things are getting better there, at least it sounds like it's getting better. Sorry to hear about the SSRI, I assume you didn't like the side affects. Funny I don't have a single side affect from the Lexapro, not like I do without it. I don't like paying for it though, it's expensive. I hope whatever is going on, that you feel better. You deserve to feel good. Erika, I am seriously considering a running skirt and maybe a sexier marathon outfit. Although I give up on the sports bra look. I'm just not comfortable everything jiggling, no matter what my weight is, which is a little high right now but dropping. Sounds like an awesome 10K. You are in such great shape. Award and door prize pretty cool. Sorry the foot is hurting. Myself and several people I know who have had foot injuries all had the same experience, it hurt and hurt for months, then one day it stopped hurting. Hopefully yours will be the same. I know your doctors said "blah, blah, blah", but we all know their work is a guessing game. Cash, You come up with these plans on your own? Shan How are you feeling? That is a whole lot of shoes girlfriend and I noticed most are the painful kind. I have a wall of running shoes like that in my workout room. When you're old like me you'll probably trade your pumps in for flat shoes. Smile Dave All wives think that of their husbands. We rate our men based on the number of shelves they build. Infact my DH likes me running because it's keep me out of the house, so I'm not walking around the house thinking of stuff for him to do. Brian Coming so close to a PR in bad conditions with less training sounds like reason to celebrate to me. I did 9.5 easy last night, legs just feel like they need a recovery run and it felt good to run slower. I stopped because of bathroom stop, and decided "Ugh" I'm done. Home to make an egg sandwich. (Just like Michael Phelps eats.) My hip muscles have been sore so I'm stretching at work like crazy. Laying on the floor periodically stretching, ya we're pretty casual at work. Seems like something is always hurting these days, just want it all to shut-up and run. I have a sense that I'm in shape enough to break my time from two years ago, and I'm not going to be greedy. Just want to get to the starting line. The HM I was going to do on Saturday is 85 miles away, and the girl that was going to ride with me backed out, so I think I will do the 5K that is in town. Seems lately I know enough people to run with that if I want to do some faster running I can just ask them to run instead of going to a race. If it wasn't for the dam gas prices probably would the HM. Sensible call right?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - don't show this to your wife. hehehe Wink Big grin I'm still not discussing my feelings - or my running... which is non-existent. I miss it thought and will make an attempt to have it resume tomorrow. Right now I need to nap before I meet my friend.
            Cashmason

That is a kick ass closet Shan. Hopefully the running is non existant, not your feelings. We love you whether you are running or not. Bugs, the workout plan is from a triathlon website. The cross training lunges and stuff are from a triathlete who is also a personal trainer. She wrote that plan up for me based on my current fitness level and current weight. I asked for exercises that would help my running and cycling. Strength for swimming won't do me much good until I have better technique in the water. On the bright side, I have improved a lot at swimming this year. Where I can worry about technique, rather than breathing. I was always one of the stronger swimmers in the backyard pool parties and spashing around at the beach. But when you are a half mile from shore, you cant see the bottom and know its at least 50 feet deep, and there is nothing nearby to hang onto and the swell would flood your mouth with water when you tried to breathe, I would freak.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - by feelings I meant on what is going on with my tiredness and stuff hehe I still have feelings - especially my love for all of you!! and for running!! I think I would freak too if I thought too much about swimming in the ocean - I think the trick is probably to not think and just do!

Bugs

Shan, I hope he did a good job putting the shelves in. A few weeks ago mine came crashing down. OMG, what a mess. Up at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow to run with friend, no staying up watching Olympics tonight. I think the old "get organized frenzy" is another pregnancy symptom. I am so not pregnant. Smile

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, I hope he did a good job putting the shelves in. A few weeks ago mine came crashing down. OMG, what a mess. Up at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow to run with friend, no staying up watching olympics tonight.
                    omg I hope soo too!! That would be a disaster!! We put in a 3rd bar in the center just in case and made sure it was rooted to a stud. Let's keep our fingers crossed it lasts!

Bugs

omg I hope soo too!! That would be a disaster!! We put in a 3rd bar in the center just in case and made sure it was rooted to a stud. Let's keep our fingers crossed it lasts!
                      Ya, just be careful how much you put on top shelf. You got lots of room there, better go shopping.

Bugs

evanflein

I think the old "get organized frenzy" is another pregnancy symptom. I am so not pregnant. Smile
                        Heheh, there's my excuse! That's my problem... I'm not pregnant. Ha. So now we know. That must be the problem with my boys and spouse too. Heheheh. Thanks, Bugs. I've been looking for an excuse for that mess of a house for years, and now I've got it! Big grin I should remind DH that if I weren't out running all the time I'd be filling up a "Honey Do List." 5.7 miles at lunchtime today, legs felt tired after yesterday. Not used to that elliptical, and the deadlifts maybe weren't such a good idea. Oh well. It's all good. Managed a couple of tempo miles for #4 and 5... Oh, Bugs, increased costs and tight budgets have caused me to cancel two marathons this fall (Royal Victoria on Oct. 12 and NYC on 11/2). I haven't actually "canceled" either one, but I've paid for RVM and can't get to it now... I'm entered in NYC but haven't gotten any "blessing" on it from DH and I don't want to stir the pot. I can defer that entry to next year, which might be a better plan cuz then a friend of mine will be able to go with me!

Oh Mighty Wing

well you are always welcome to stay with us if you'd like! Will you people stop it! hahaha I'm not nesting or organizing - I'm trying to get my clothes back into the closet so I can find them for school!! Although it did clean out a spot where baby stuff would go! And I did go shopping today! Back to school shopping!!

Bugs

Heheh, there's my excuse! That's my problem... I'm not pregnant. Ha. So now we know.!
                            Don't fret about it, seriously a cleaning house is a waste of time. I guess the average woman cleans house 17 hours a week. Yikes - maybe 6 for me.
                            5.7 miles at lunchtime today, legs felt tired after yesterday.
                            It's about time, you're never tired!
                            Oh, Bugs, increased costs and tight budgets have caused me to cancel two marathons this fall (Royal Victoria on Oct. 12 and NYC on 11/2). I haven't actually "canceled" either one, but I've paid for RVM and can't get to it now... I'm entered in NYC but haven't gotten any "blessing" on it from DH and I don't want to stir the pot. I can defer that entry to next year, which might be a better plan cuz then a friend of mine will be able to go with me!
                            Sorry to hear that. My first thought was sell something, baby stuff, lemonaide stand, a booth at a county fair with deep fried penguin on a stick. Smile NYC is a lottery right, so you got in? Wow, thought that was pretty hard to do. Gosh I'd like to run that one, it's been on my list. Maybe I could join you. My DH will no go with me because of kids in school so it'd be a quick trip for me but I just didn't want to be alone for all the pre-race part. 10 miles at 8:55 pace this morning with a friend. Good run but boy did I get sick afterwards. Shan, you would have sent me to doctor if you saw what I saw. Yuck. I had too much dairy yesterday I think. I guess there is a reason cows don't run.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I take a break and when I come back Shan is preggers!? Congratulations! I'll be slow in catching up. anything else MAJOR that I need to know right away? Had a really nice run last night on the TM, DW walked next to me. She is SO not a runner, so it was a nice way we could workout together. Did 5.5 miles total including a walking cooldown and 3 x 1mile cruise intervals.

Oh Mighty Wing

I take a break and when I come back Shan is preggers!? Congratulations!
                                no no... I'd like to be, but only the end of the week will tell. I think my desire for me to be pregger is spreading to everyone else! haha Bugs - oh goodness... that is no good!! I hate being ill - it's the worst thing! I hope you are feeling better now!