Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/27/2010 (Read 189 times)

Kimmie

So sorry Dave.
    evanflein

Sorry about your kitty Dave. If they're just old that's one thing. If they're hurting though, and you can't make it better that's another thing entirely. Been an ok running week for me. I'm in Anchorage today, home tomorrow. Ran 3 easy today before we left. Rest day Friday just cuz I'm down here doing other stuff. Nice to be out of the cold for. Bit, but this weekend should be nice at home so will run outside. Yay!
      theyapper

On the road again...

Dave - I'm sorry.  One because I somehow missed the whole discussion about what decision you were facing and then for the loss when you made it.  I hate that for you and your family, but it sounds like you made the right call, even though it was a hard one to make.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Thanks, guys. 

We'll have some tearful days for a while.  She's starting to look at rescue dogs online.  That's a good sign I think Smile.  Can't look at cats.  We still have the one shown in my avatar but he's not terribly social.  He generally wants to be in the same room but not really a lap cat.  Last night he did sit with my wife for a bit.  Sweet.

Warmer weather today (40's and light rain).  I'm hoping that the running paths get cleared up before the next round of snow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Finished up the year with 4 miles which put me right at 100 miles for December.  I'm glad to carry my streak of months with 100+ miles into the new year.

Paul

Sorry, Dave.  We know how hard that decision was, but I'm sure you did the right thing.  Hard to watch them hurting like that.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

Sorry about your loss Dave.

Finished the year strong for me.  First outdoor run ever to average 7 mph.   300 miles on the year.  By far the lowest I have ever run for a year, but injuries and  189 hours of teaching cycling class, when I would have otherwise been running put a dent in the mileage.

On the other hand,  I have never had 189 hours when I had a room full of women doing exactly what I say before either.

Kimmie

Happy new year! Finished with 1341, which is an odd number but more than last year.

Hail to The Victors!

Sorry to hear about your cat, Dave.  Sounds like he had a good life though!  20 years is a long, full life for a cat!

Just getting back into the swing of things here.  I signed up for Boston without having run a mile, and I'm just getting into the swing of things. Boston is going to be for fun this year, if I can get the mileage up.  I figure if I can get one 20 miler in, I'll run it, just have to get there.

just over 1400 miles this year, despite not running more than a 100 or so miles past August.  Back to 2000 next year, I hope! 

I ended up with 2073, which I am pretty happy with, especially considering my injuries in the first quarter.

Today was a good start for 2011. 

18.3 miles, 2:39:13, 8:43/mi, AHR 144 (70% MHR)

5@9:10(133), 8@8:41(143), 5.26@8:22(153)

We normally run long on Sundays, but this evening we're going to a little get-away, to celebrate our anniversary (15 years today!).

Dave

That's one heck of a start to the year, Lou and a nice finish to last year.

I don't want to look at my mileage from last year.  I still have some unlogged runs though so there is still hope.

I also got the year off to a good start.  It was almost 50F this morning (unheard of) in Michigan.  I ran 8 and a little in shorts, the first two with DW who is now running consistent miles at around an 11 minute pace for 3.  She is right on the edge of really getting hooked.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice runs, Dave and Lou.  Happy Anniversary to the Beer couple.

I got in a nice 7 miles today in 63F weather.  Felt great, and for at least one day I am ahead of the 2000 mile pace bunny.  Woo-hoo.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Happy Anniversary L&H!

Been having a lot of fun with family this week. Did one of my traditional clue trails for my nieces -- must have been 50 clues, including one requiring digging, one in a crypto code, several with foreign language components -- took hours for them to follow the whole thing.

Just got in a long run w DW & Quint - tired and sore and happy to have accomplished it -- wouldn't have done it alone.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

I have to know more details, Perry, about the clues... that sounds awesome.    We do a scavenger hunt thing at the end of Christmas for the last big gift-   this year- it's guinea pigs.  

Happy Anniversary-  Lou and Harriet!

Good to see Cash and Jeremy posting.....

Had a fun weekend-   NYE, my youngest wanted me to run with her for a 3K race, so we did.    That was fun to see how hard I could push her, without pushing too hard. 

I ran this morning with the group-  6 miles in 55 minutes, 50 degrees and rain-

Disney Marathon is this weekend-   just going to go and have fun with it-  no time goals at all- finishing will be an accomplishment this time.

Good luck running Disney, Kimmie!

That clue trail sounds like fun.  One of my friends made a "birthday hike" for me in college, which was a list of clues to the next clue.  That was a bunch of fun.

I hope you are all healed up, Jeremy.

Harriet and I ran 5 up in Taneytown, MD, near the PA border this morning.  We stayed at an old inn called Antrim 1844.  Well it started out as a plantation with 2500 acres, but is now an in on 25 acres.  Really pretty place.  Dinner last night was hors d'oeuvres plus 6 courses, and to go through all that took 2.5 hours!  It was fun to splurge on something like that, for a special day.