Marathon Trainers

Week of 02/03-02/10 (Read 262 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I agree with Erika on Thongers. .
    As the Angus Queen, you should know the dangers of misplaced Gs.

Bugs

That's funny. So with all you veggies, "Will run for Beef" slogan is out for our group. Black eye How about, "Barrier Breakers", with a nice description on home page?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - hehehehehe Cash - I will check it out. I bought the black one before i read this! And have i mentioned lately you're an animal! Big grin Murphy - you don't suck! You rock!!! It's ok if the elements are too crazy to go out in. Erica - stomped by a moose??? like literally a moose stomped on him? wow I hope he's ok too!! And yes you need a TV. I'm sure mirror you is wonderful and all, but... Groov - i liked your description!! Today i had deep tissue massage - it hurt - I cried. Bugs - could we have a biggest loaf award??
        evanflein

Our neighbor is back home from the ER... battered, bruised and sore... possible cracked rib but he's going to be ok. He was out with his dog this morning, heard branches snapping behind him and turned just in time to see the huge cow moose charging at him with her head down... Ran him right over (they think he might have hoof-shaped bruises tomorrow...) and took off into the woods. Pretty scary stuff. He's really lucky to not be very badly hurt. Still very cold and ice foggy out there, visibility down to zero in many places in town. Makes me want to go home and crawl under the down comforter!
          Cashmason

Shan, How am I an animal? Bugs, How about, Will run for Chocolate? wink Note to self: Run with Erika, not her neighbor. Glad he will be ok. Broken ribs hurt... a lot. 5 easy miles today so far. May get in a spin class and swim later. I am so out of swim shape. The swim leg of next weeks tri is gonna absolutely suckify. So will the bike leg since it is on a college campus and they have a lot of out and back loops. Have to slow way down to do a U Turn and then get back up to speed and do that 4 times in 10 miles. Good Place for crashes on the bike too. Joy.

Bugs

Cash, OMG YOU DID NOT say chocolate when I'm cutting weight? Groove, impressive work again. How often do you get a massage? I'm going to put it into my schedule when I'm not doing the graston. Erika, quite a story. Yikes. But a TV. 4 miles on hilly route 35:16. Cold weather is coming.

Bugs

Happy Camper

New name huh? How about: Hurry Up Running Team Or Team H.U.R.T. for short. Big grin

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

5 easy miles today so far. May get in a spin class and swim later. I am so out of swim shape. The swim leg of next weeks tri is gonna absolutely suckify.
                  yeah that about sums up how!!! you exercise like 4 hours a day or at least it seems. Tongue pace - I like it!! OMG I am counting down the hours till I run!!! You have no idea how i've missed it!!! Especially since we had a great 60 degree day wednesday and i should have been running... I"M SOOO EXCITED!!!!! oh and 9 days till we leave for the bahamas to get married!!!
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Bugs, I'm way more into marketing than I am being a veg - will run for beef would be a fine slogan. We could just go for "Queen Angus's royal court of marathon geeks" If we go with something that lame, I totally have dibs on being the court jestor. We could give ourselves an acronym with no real meaning and when folks ask us what it stands for, we can make them guess. If someone gives a cool guess, we can adopt that. We're team BLISTER What's that stand for? Guess Um, Big, lumbering, ignorant, slow, thonners energized and running? Try again Badass laserfast intense speedy thoners energentically running? Um, yea, you guessed it, we'll go with that. And then we'll keep that until someone guesses something cooler. Just got done with a really relaxing 10 miler. Had been coming down kinda hard on myself since I'd been doing so much TM running. So many of you folks are just hardcore when it comes to running in harsh conditions. Tonight the weather isn't too bad, but when I run after work, I don't like dealting with traffic. Mentally, I really loosened up tonight. I cover the screen with a magazine and had gone over 4 miles before I peeked at it. The run just seemed to flow out of me and I finished with that nice, empty feeling. Hadn't done that in a while and it surprised me. Took me back to my running roots, if you know what I mean. I'm definitely feeling a bit stronger. Part of the reason the run went so smoothly for me tonight was that it just took less effort to cover the distance than it has previously. Good runs to all.
                      TEAM BLISTER I Like 3 easy miles. Felt great. Good pace for easy run. I try to run those by feel. May run some tomorrow even though its scheduled rest--to try and make up for ditching yesterday. If I do it will be at a very easy pace. And with a graphic designer in the group. We should be able to get a cool logo.

Bugs

Cash, I am blaming my 4 oreo cookies ravaged on you. If you feel twinges of pain, it's my psychedelic evil powers projecting while I'm on the scale tomorrow. Shan, When do you get to run? Enjoy your special day and the honeymoon. Don't be surprised if I show up, some tropical weather really sounds good. Erika, Glad he's OK. Inerita, I run at noon and it's very warm then. Tendons tend to hurt less when I run outside. Don't know how Erika can do either the LRs on TM, or the very cold runs outside. Looks like I've got Inertia working overtime. I can't be a thonger runner though, I tried once and chaffed badly. Blush Suppose to get frigid cold on Saturday. Thinking of taking vacation to run my 10 miler tomorrow to avoid the cold. That is how OCD I am, I take vacation to run. See graston doc tommorrow, legs are doing really good.

Bugs

evanflein

Hey Bugs, I will do different stuff to get a run in, too. I have a dinner meeting on Tuesday, so am actually thinking of getting up early Tuesday a.m. to run! That's a stretch for me... either that, or run Monday and since I've got a long one on Sunday I don't really want to do that. I like keeping Mondays as non-running XT days. 5.3 miles on the treadmill tonight. First mile at 8:49, second at 8:34 (what I like to think is my Marathon Pace...), third mile at 10k pace (7:30), fourth at MP again, last 1.3 at 8:49. Gotta keep coming up with different stuff to keep the treadmill runs doable. I can't just slog through mile after mile of the same stuff...
                          Travis Groom

Cash, OMG YOU DID NOT say chocolate when I'm cutting weight? Groove, impressive work again. How often do you get a massage? I'm going to put it into my schedule when I'm not doing the graston.
                            I go three times a week right now. As I get up there in miles, I'll start going every other week and the last 2 weeks to the race, I'll be seeing her quite a lot. I do occasional 30 minute sessions just focused on my knee also. Run today was not so pleasant. Felt great after the first 15 minutes or so of agony in my quads from the Wednesday workout. But, made it through just fine, no worse for wear. I just make funny noises getting up from chair and going up stairs right now. I like Team HURT! Pretty much sums up running a marathon right? Evan, sounds like quite the story with the moose. Everyone has said that about the Canadian Moose, but I have yet to see one.
                              OK, no more complaining about the little "yippy dog" I see every saturday AM on my long run. No moose (mooses?) around here! Did 4 very easy miles last night. I've got my first 16 miler tomorrow, so wanted to make sure the legs were fresh. What kind of HR do you need to maintain to get aerobic benefit from a run? I intentionally ran slow last night (around 11:00/mile) when I usually train closer to 9:45 or 10:00. My HR averaged around 134, which is a good 20 beats lower than my usual runs. I've never been good at knowing what different HRs do for me. I'm just trying to get the miles in and stay healthy for my first Marathon. Maybe that's the best strategy. Have a great Friday everyone! -Brian

Happy Camper

HuskerB: I use http://www.runningforfitness.org/index.php. You can apply your information and zones will be calculated based on Heart Rate Reserve. For max heart rate I took my highest reading from a 5k race and added 5 beats per minute to that reading.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.