Marathon Trainers

7/14 - 7/20 (Read 151 times)

Bugs

A new week, and a messed up one for me. I had tummy issues on Sunday morning. I'm sure the alchol around the campfire, or the taco dip had nothing to do with it. 19 miles today, a much better run, but still a sensitive tummy. I am training without training plan. Makes me nervous. Maybe when after I PR I send it to Hal so he can offer a Int III plan. Gotta go read last weeks posts (while DH is drining us badk to MN)...

Bugs

evanflein

Glad you survived, Bugs. Impressive run this morning! I'm going to try for 4 or so recovery miles later this afternoon. Wonder if Shan is PG... Cool

Bugs

Shan, Sorry gotta get personal...Are the girls sore? Would love to send you a baby gift when the time comes. Erika, We are both racing on Sunday! I will think of you, and try to run with your spit fire. I am planning a 4 mile easy run before the 10K. It worked so well with the 8K and seem to need the warm-up when running this many miles. Hope your back is better. My shoulder is still giving me a little trouble but my graston appointment is next week and he should be able to help it. Murphy, Think you should go to doctor? Sometimes that crap takes a long time to get over. Trying to run through bronchitis sure back fired on me, I agree ease into it. Cash, How was your birthday? Sure sounds fun. I am glad to be headed home, where I can control my running diet better. Although I dread the pile of (software) bugs that have piled up for me to fix when I get back.

Bugs

Dave

Just sayin Wink Safely back on the east coast. Great welcome by the family. I should travel more often.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

We have just drove 400 miles, 100 miles to go and the phone rang. DH's unclie died from a heart attack. Three little kids are going to miss their Grandpa.DH and I are so sad for their family. Looks like we might be turning around and heading back to ND soon for a funeral. For lack of a better word, yuck.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - so sorry to hear that! The girls are a little sore and feeling heavy. my back has been achy, i'm constipated, tired, irritable, nauseated, and gassy. I've been this way for a week. But i'm only 19 days into my 28 day cycle so I've got another week before I can test. (so how's that for personal!) Dave - isn't that negative?? Is that from one of your girls? Glad you are back home! 3 very slow miles... I just don't have much to give.

Oh Mighty Wing

Oh forgot to tell you all - while i was being a running weenie this weekend we did do a 4 mile hike. It goes around many waterfalls ranging from 10 - 94feet. Here is a picture or two: I am in the yellow tank-top (please observe my cool leg muscle on my left leg) and DH has his arm around me.

Dave

That one was positive. Just pulled it off google images. Nothing quite that personal. Looks like a nice hike and that list pic was very well done.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

That one was positive. Just pulled it off google images. Nothing quite that personal. Looks like a nice hike and that list pic was very well done.
                    crap maybe i do need those digital ones! thank you! I almost fell down some rocks to get that one haha

Dave

6 easy in the east coast heat today. Legs still sore from the weekend tempo/hill runs but not so bad I couldn't run comfortably. Will likely go easy on the hard runs this weekend in preparation for 13 on Sunday. Sorry to hear about the loss in the family, Bugs. Hope your stomach recovers as well.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah... not into my run today...
                        Cashmason

10.44 miles running today. Shhh don't tell Erika I still actually run. She thinks I only bike. Bugs sorry to hear about your DH's Uncle.
                            7 muggy miles tonight, set for 5 in the morning. Kinda like being back on a marathon plan. I like crossing off the runs as I go. I don't like the 85 degrees I ran in tonight, hopefully only about 65-70 at 5 AM.
                              Bugs..no doc. I always am very slow to recover..Was once diagnosed with sensitive aireay syndromw or somesuch. I take a real long time to get over a cough. Actually being active seems to help. When Im lazy its worse. I probably overreacted with my pneumonia self diagnoses. DId my 4 today. Went pretty well. Lots left in my legs..fastest mile was my last..stil took it relatively easy. The cardio and breathing was the tough part...but improving.
                              evanflein

Bugs so sorry to hear about your DH's uncle. That's tough news. {{hugs}} to your family as you deal with this loss. Hope your tummy settles down. It'll be good to get home and get a normal diet going again. Cash, I know you run. Sure hope you run better than you swim. Murphy, hope you're feeling better soon. Watch the running while you've got below the neck stuff going on. Brian, I like crossing the runs off, too. You're almost doing a two-a-day by running in the evening and then the next morning early! My run was really good tonight. 72F, 36% humidity, went out for 5 easy and ended up with 6.6 at 8:28, a faster than "easy" pace but the effort was easy because half the run was a nice downhill or flat. Of course... that means the trip home was flat and uphill, but oh well. It all worked and I felt good the whole way. Running home from work tomorrow. Third time. I'm starting to think that's a fun way to get home!