Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/17/2011 (Read 219 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I set a personal hill record in that I did 4 out & backs on a tough* rolling hills road, yesterday. I was happy, and had a banana split last night to celebrate Smile

(*for me - I live in a relatively flat area)

So I hope that you all & all the other people who say running hills benefits me, are right.

National mara & half (same day) are traditionally in mid-March.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

National is March 26.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

Leaving  for Orlando  tomorrow early, just ahead of 3 - 6" of snow.  Smile

Happy running everyone.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Took lunchtime off to rest the legs. 4 miles on the indoor track tonight,. Felt real good and fresh throughout. Not sure if Im going to be able to get out at lunchtime tomorrow. I will get at least one run in.

Im .2 miles ahead of the 1000 mile pace bunny as I write this. Given my far out goals, it may not seem like much..but Ive never hit even 1000 miles before, so it is nice to get over that hurdle. Next up is the 1500 mile bunny.

Beat that bunny, murph!

p2r - nice to get to warm weather ahead of the snow.  We just got back, though Sad

6 recovery-paced miles this morning.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

3 miles on the treadmill at lunch. I need to start packing my lunch so I can find time to get an extra mile or so in. My legs are feeling good. One thing about doing doubles is that after taking the lunch run off yesterday I really felt refreshed for my later run.

Dave

Back on the road again this week. Did well this morning with 30 minutes on the elliptical (the treadmill at the hotel was taken). Better than nothing. Plan to run outside early tomorrow in New Orleans (in DC today). Should be chilly but nice.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think elliptical is kinda neat.

Got a nice shot of confidence when I saw my splits from tonight. 14mi run, and avg comes out to 7:20, and even better, last 7mi all under 7. Did that running with a friend -- can't do that by myself. Usually my long runs wind up 9+ min/mile, or even slower by the end.

Now I'm all excited to run that local half marathon -- which I just recently found out got shifted to a date to collide with a big local race, and also changed to a 10 miler. Ha, well never mind -- I'll just imagine in my head how I would have been faster than last year. Less painful to just imagine it than go run it.

5 miles on the indoor track. That equates to 45 laps.

8 total for the day.

It may be tricky to get my miles in tomorrow. Up to 8" of snow tomorrow. It will start later, so Ill get my lunch run in. But Cincinnati is horrible at clearing roads..It may take me a long time to get home, and they may close the gym if it gets 'bad'.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If we don't run National, maybe we can come for the lunch afterward. We could run around the restaurant for 15 minutes beforehand, so we can act like we're tired and sweaty too.

evanflein

I do doubles a lot during the week, with my mid-day workout being the elliptical before weights. I like it ok, easier on the butt than the stationary bike. I missed my lunchtime workout today, but I'll do it tomorrow. Tonight I ran a 9.1 mile progressive pace run on the treadmill that was ok.

Perry, you're so funny. The only reason you run 7:something minute miles is because you're running with someone else? Otherwise your in the 9's? Hmmm. Ok. Stupid fast, you are.

Nice work, Murphy. Way to stay ahead of that damn rabbit.

theyapper

On the road again...

Perry - I hate you. Wink

Got in a nice 7 miles this morning, one of those wonderful runs where every mile is a bit faster than the one before. 

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hmm, thought I'd posted.

Perry is wicked fast!

3:15 wakeup call -- that's as early as I'll ever get up, but had a good run:

12.1 miles, 1:44:17, 8:36/mi, AHR 149 (73% MHR)

5@9:01(141), 2@8:45(146), 5.13@8:07(156)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

yucky 2.5 miles on the treadmill at lunch. Felt like it was a bit off--really believe I was going faster than it was set at. More than likely I was just a little fatigued. Legs feel fine--but didnt have much energy. Wil probably take tonight off. and work in a single run tomorrow to make up for it..instead of the planned off day.

Kimmie

Keep up the good running everyone.

Lou, I really think you need to up your dedication.Wink

I haven't run since Monday.   Sick child who is not sleeping well, means I'm not sleeping well. and I had no motivation to get out after hubby got home the past few days.  But I will run tonight, no matter what.   Hope she gets all the way better soon.   Sad