Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-9 (Read 331 times)

Still have not heard what times I will be running on the American Odyssey relay. I will be staying in Philadelphia.
    Philadelphia seems pretty far away from both the start and finish of that race. I think it is 2-3 hours away from Gettysburg and from DC. I guess maybe you know people there?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

wait - i'm so confused! What am I missing out on???

Dave

wait - i'm so confused! What am I missing out on???
        American Odyssey relay in April. It appears that coincidentally P2R, Kimmie, and I may be running it. For 3 different, unrelated teams. The team I'm trying to join is called Twelve Sheets to the Wind and is sponsored by the company where one of my neighbors works.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ohhh ok! so when will you be in Philly? For how long?

Dave

Starts in Gettysburg. Ends in DC. P2R is planning on staying in Philly (maybe flying in and out?). I would probably drive up the morning of so I wouldn't be there at all.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I really want to do a huge relay some day. They sound like more fun than I have words for. Cut this morning's run in half this morning - was really feeling the impact of the higher mileage from last week as well as the trnsition from TM to road. Give the legs a little time to acclimate, then start adding mileage again.
                Harriet and I, too, want to do this. We've been invited a couple of times but the timing didn't work out for us. Hmm... a team blister relay? Uh, I'm not volunteering to coordinate -- I'm just the idea guy Tongue

Oh Mighty Wing

Harriet and I, too, want to do this. We've been invited a couple of times but the timing didn't work out for us. Hmm... a team blister relay? Uh, I'm not volunteering to coordinate -- I'm just the idea guy Tongue
                  i'm just a runner, but i'd be game!
                    i'm just a runner, but i'd be game!
                    Cool! We know a few masters who might be interested if we can't tap enough people here. BTW, we're not available for the American Odyssey as we're running a marathon the weekend before (not that that would stop you, Shan, but we have to conserve our PTO a bit Smile)

Oh Mighty Wing

oh no i can't do that one either. That's the week before the triple I think.

Dave

4.3 underdressed miles for me today. Chest feels sort of thick. Hoping it just fades.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

4.3 underdressed miles for me today. Chest feels sort of thick. Hoping it just fades.
                          you not many people hope their chest fades away... Tongue

Dave

BTW, this relay is April 24-25, 2009. I'm in. I might be able to get another slot or two for Team Blister if anyone is really interested. Shan, the inside of my chest feels thick. The outside is still scrawny Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

A relay sounds like fun, but I can't do that April date. Maybe another one soon?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Nationals Half Marathon is sold out. Sad I can't do April either. Coach would kill me.

Bugs