Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/11 (Read 411 times)

Dave

I had a big hamburger at Five Guys and should be stuffed, but after coming home and mowing, and then reading your discussion of fish and marinade, mmmmmmmm
    He runs to eat. That's our boy! Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

For those of you who might frequent the swamp, I'd just like to say how glad I am that we haven't had singlets made up. Dang. Much safer in here.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Let's make up team singlets
          You have to make up the list of sizes and keep track... Hehe.

Dave

I'll get them printed if you can come up with a team blister logo. Any way you slice it, it's probably going to look gross.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No. And even if you offer to let me do it for only a quarter, I'm not falling for it. No way. After I jumped on that special offer that guy had where I could help build his barn for only a quarter a day as long as I acted immediately and paid up front in cash, I promised myself I wouldn't jump on anymore great deals without checking with somebody, anybody, smarter than myself first.

Dave

I promised myself I wouldn't jump on anymore great deals without checking with somebody, anybody, smarter than myself first.
                Just ask Crystal Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just ask Crystal Big grin
                  Doesn't have to be someone *that* much smarter

Bugs

We have gone to washing running clothes every day, so they don't smell. But we both sweat plenty... PS: Bugs, re photo: Looks like he's walking -- 6hrs?
                    He started with me. He was running, very slowly. The guy's almost a maniac for a 70 year old. Really slowed down the last few years. NO FN LN DIVISION OVERALL DIVPL SEXPL 10K 13.1 20 M LAST 10K Gun Time TIME PACE 334 Eugene Defronzo M7074 1271 3/3 778/778 1:34:54 3:31:04 5:22:51 2:17:16 7:41:35 7:40:06 17:33 date event no name place sexp divp time 05/09/09 Fargo Marathon - 2009 334 Eugene Defronzo 1271 778 3 7:40:06 11/16/08 Route 66 Marathon 1270 Eugene Defronzo 981 641 6 6:19:06 09/21/08 Boulder Marathon, Half Marathon, Rel... 107 Eugene Defronzo 398 240 3 7:03:36 04/27/08 2008 OKC Memorial Marathon 404 Eugene Defronzo 1882 1202 6 6:30:20 12/29/07 The HUFF 50K Trail Run - 2007 54 Eugene Defronzo 151 118 1 9:02:39 09/23/07 Omaha Marathon-2007 88 Eugene Defronzo 377 275 3 6:18:32 05/19/07 Fargo Marathon 243 Eugene Defronzo 1140 763 5 5:44:39 05/12/07 Ice Age Trail Run 2007 427 Eugene Defronzo 124 79 36 8:27:45 04/29/07 Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon 411 Eugene DeFronzo 1479 955 4 5:56:53 09/24/06 Omaha Marathon - 2006 70 Eugene Defronzo 282 189 3 5:56:17 05/20/06 Fargo Marathon - 2006 725 Eugene Defronzo 945 639 5 5:44:20 04/24/05 Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon 557 Eugene DeFronzo 1435 879 8 5:41:51 09/28/03 Community First Fox Cities Marathon ... 147 Eugene Defronzo 596 391 6 5:26:34

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow. I can only hope I'm in that shape then.

Thanks guys!! It's been a really tough year with Kallie and she's only 2. We're at our wits ends and not sure how much longer we can handle the medical bills that keep racking up Sad Been quite a rollercoaster ride with her. Anyway I ran my 5k and am very happy with how it went. I could have ran it faster to make it a "true" tempo however part of me was expecting my ankle to start talking. Felt awesome the whole way. Ankle didn't make a peep and the pace felt "easier" then what I thought it would. I had thoughts that I'd be running more of an 8 minute mile pace. I finished in 24:14 which was good enough for 4th place in the (now get this) 40-49 age group. Yes they moved me up an age group since I'll be 40 before the end of the series . Not bad for a "tempo" run. Anyways I think I'm ready for my marathon on Sunday! WOOOT! MTA: After the race kids and I headed to their school for open house. Yes I didn't even bother to change. I didn't sweat all that much so I didn't really feel the need lol.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on a great tempo run, and congrats on your pre-birthday Smile Or maybe I should say, happy pre-birthday.

Congrats on a great tempo run, and congrats on your pre-birthday Smile Or maybe I should say, happy pre-birthday.
                            Thanks Perry. I have to admit turning 40 either ins't a big thing to me or it hasn't quite hit me yet.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a double-worthy age - you get an age bracket jump at both the 5yr stuff and even at the 10yr stuff. My birthday this year was completely worthless - no age bracket help anywhere.... -- but next year I get 10 more minutes for Boston Smile

Cashmason

Yes I didn't even bother to change. I didn't sweat all that much so I didn't really feel the need lol.
                                Ok you can do a tempo run, and not sweat that much, or stink? By the time I reach tempo pace my clothes are already soaked in sweat. Good luck with your marathon. For those of you that dont wash your clothes before a run, remind me not to do a long run next to you, or at least let me get on the upwind side.