Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/17 (Read 381 times)

Kimmie

Check the swamp. Shannon made it and is still smiling.
    Is there a link you can post Bugs? I looked at the swamp- at least I think I did.... didn't see anything. Dave, nice job on helping out a friend- I heard that people in my group were struggling out there- wish I could have been there but my inlaws are in town. Listen to this: For my long run this morning- only 10 miles- but I still call it long- I ran towards this neighborhood near me and I saw that there was a race going on- I had forgotten about it, but had no intention of racing it- I ran up to the start and saw some of my friends and one of my clients... I had already run about 1.5 miles and just decided to jump in and race it... I can't believe I did that- I had no way of registering- no $- but I do plan to donate later..... So, I ran it unofficially in 21:30- I couldn't even believe it- It was super cold- windy and hilly- I didn't stick around- knowing I needed to run another 6 miles. I felt kind of bad about banditing a 5K- but I do know that I will contribute to this worthy cause. So- if I had registered, I think I would have done pretty well. We'll see how I do at the race in Florida next week- flatter- but much warmer.
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Inertia, seriously you shorten a run just because of no MP3? Good practice for race IMO.
      I just can't handle more than an hour on the TM with no music and no TV. Call me weak.

Bugs

I just can't handle more than an hour on the TM with no music and no TV. Call me weak.
        You are ANYTHING but weak! I can not take much of the TM without music, but outside sometimes I do better without it. Lately I just don't want to take the time to mess with it. What do you listen to? Kimmie, She's on the front page. That's an AWESOME 5K time! Great job.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

What do you listen to?.
          It's...quite eclectic. To be honest, Weird Al occupies more space than anybody else. It stands to reason that if a song is good to run to, its parody would be too. Also, a lot of his original work has a nice tempo to it for faster paced running. The only thing nerdier than having a lot of wierd al on you ipod is trying to justify that, so I'll just leave it at that for now. Metalica ELO Cake Green Day Chilli Peppers Talking Heads Soul Coughing Parliament

Oh Mighty Wing

Hi guys! Just checking in! I got up and on the road at 5am. Arrived at Candice's house (where i am staying) at 11ish (i think). We then went to the park to meet up with a bunch of people for a run. I started out with the group but it was quickly clear that 1)they were WAY too fast for me and 2) my hips were sore from the drive. So i went back and met up with the group walking instead. Got in a nice walk. Then went to lunch, then packet pick-up, and then a shower, and dinner. Now i'm exhausted!!! I have to say everyone is SUPER nice!!! i started getting nervous about an hour ago... it was a what the bleep am I doing moment.... now i'm nervous and scared... not so much about the run but of the drive home... I need sleep!!

Dave

Good luck, Shan!! 8 minutes of a slow jog, then two minutes of walking worked pretty well for my buddy yesterday. Hang in there!! MTA: Word in the swamp is that Shan finished it. Way to go girl!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Yay Shan! Oh, 5 mile recovery run if anybody cares Tongue

Dave

Of course we care, MrI. Nice 40 mile week BTW. And a nice 5K time for you, Kim. All those marathon miles do build wicked fitness for 5K's. Big grin Just under 4 easy for me today. Kevin's RR for the 50 miler is here: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/7189470913ab49c996ad6bcaab2204ef Kimmie, if you know anyone who ran the 50 miler, shoot me an email with their email and I'll give them access to the shutterfly site I put up with pictures. Got good shots of most of the Reston group.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH!!! I am a MARATHONER!!! 6:10: xx!!! YEAH BABY!!!! More in the thread I made!
                    Cashmason

Congrats Shan!

Bugs

Inertia, You are way more hardrock than me. I am a big Nickleback fan, can't get enough of Gotta be Somebody right now. Dave, I gotta read your report...but today is sort of all about Shan. Shan, I'll be honest I was worried for you when you said talked about how you felt in your half. I'm really glad you had such a great first marathon, it was a one of a kind that is for sure. So what now? Geez, re-thinking my training. Maybe I need more one milers in my schedule. Smile Ah, I'll stick with the schedule that is full with junk miles...keep my @ss in my jeans if nothing else.

Bugs

Kimmie

Of course we care, MrI. Nice 40 mile week BTW. And a nice 5K time for you, Kim. All those marathon miles do build wicked fitness for 5K's. Big grin Kimmie, if you know anyone who ran the 50 miler, shoot me an email with their email and I'll give them access to the shutterfly site I put up with pictures. Got good shots of most of the Reston group.
                          Hey thanks- Too bad it's not official.... I will see what happens next week in florida at the 4 miler. Wow- I just read Kevin's report- unbelievable..... all of my friends who ran it are in the Ashburn running group- not Reston- Their times range from 9:30- 13:30. It sounds like it would be brutal but I'm happy for Kevin- and how nice of you to accompany him. I'd like to hear some of those jokes. Smile

Bugs

I hit 40 miles this week, although today should be logged as junk miles as yesterday I did a bit much. I think I need a Dr. or more specifically steroids to open up my lungs. I can run but boy do I cough afterwards. I have a shoe problem. I am going to try to transition to racing flats. Really not that scared since I used to run in DS Trainers. However I wear stability shoes now, but they are starting to loose it. (300+ miles on them, this is when I usually toss them.) I am going to order Asics Speedstars, would you buy that and the stability shoes? I don't want to, but I think that is what I have to do because I know it'll be a SLOW transition. Brian, I had a rib pain (front for me) that maybe was close to what you had for marathon after my run yesterday. Oh did that hurt but I have no idea what to call it. You're tougher than I am.

Bugs

Cashmason

The playlist that I am currently inflicting on my spin classes: First song is slow for warm up, last is slow for cool down ( and for Erika) stretch. Rest are up beat, except for Shania, which gives them a break to lower their heart rates a bit. Just about an hour long. Gah, doesnt format right. The numbers are how long the song lasts. If I Were a Boy 4:09 Beyonce Dirrty 4:05 Christina Aguilera Tell Me 4:10 P. Diddy Cliff Diving 3:42 Pluss 44 Womanizer 3:44 Britney Bad Boy 3:12 Cascada Hollaback Girl 3:20 Gwen Stefani Feel Like a Woman 3:53 Shania Four Minutes 3:12 Madonna/ Justin Ojos Asi 3:57 Shakira ( Spanish version) Supergirl 2:57 Saving Jane Sorry 4:44 Madonna Mustang Sally 4:02 Eric Clapton I Got it from My Momma 4:03 Will.i.am Sexy Back 3:29 Justin Timberlake Wonderful Tonight 3:39 Eric Clapton