Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

Took today off running. Ran around a bit, and went to basketball game. Will make it up Friday..or just to my longer run tomorrow. Good work day today. Funny how that works out sometimes. very tired may go sleep. Thats all the dw does now. When does nesting start? The house is a mess...lol

Bugs

HERE"S a REALLY GREAT IDEA. Grandmas resistration opens tonight. Lets all sign up!

Bugs

Cashmason

Husker, Congrats on your new baby. I think Erika, just likes anyone male or female in big hair. Kimmie always looks good no matter what she is doing or how she is wearing her hair. Shan, I just signed up for a Half last week that takes place in two weeks. So I need to get in at least 10 this week.
          Congratulations, Husker! When you get a chance post some pictures Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH BRIAN AND FAMILY!!!!!! WOOOOT WOOOOT!!!! Cash - you can do it!!! Just go slow if you have to. Just take it easy - don't eat the paste - save that for race day!!!! (hmm this all sounds really familiar - I think I heard this all somewhere before Wink)
              Cold again this morning about 22°F. Shivering now after a half liter of gatorade Smile. No wind though, but dressed perfectly. 11.1 miles, 1:36:39, 8:41/mi, AHR 150 As promised, Dave. This is from Portland. You can see the wheels fell off the wagon at about mile 17. This is a little hard to read, but the red is HR, brown is elevation and blue is pace.

Oh, my hawk can be seen at http://www.pbase.com/lking/image/108165608 . Click previous to look at other pictures of it

Kimmie

WOO HOO BRIAN!!!! Thanks so much for letting us know about the baby. Can't wait to see pictures. Don't even worry about getting the running in... sleep and taking care of your family... much more important... and don't be a stranger. Lou, very cool that you're into the data of it all... someday I may try HR training... I think I don't want to think that much when i run. Smile Bugs, as I have said, i LOVE Grandmas.... too bad you don't actually live in Duluth, though, because it's so dang expensive to stay there. And can everyone please keep talking about my hair? It makes me so happy... Smile and it helps me especially today because I'm delerious from lack of sleep.

Dave

Congratulations, Brian. I'm very happy for you and your family. What an exciting time! Grandma's June 20th in Duluth. Hmmm.... Thanks for the graph, Lou. Looks sort of similar to some of my own experience. Gradual ramp up in HR to a point where I can't sustain it. The longer I can hold off my HR ramping up aggressively, the better off I am. That hill looks like it complicated things. I've found that once I let me HR get up that high, I have trouble getting my legs back under me. I'll post last weekend's 10 miler if you're curious. I'm supposed to go 9 today but somehow forgot my running stuff at work today. May have to try and squeeze it in tonight on the treadmill. Kimmie, for obvious reasons I don't like to talk about hair. Any discussions about hair inevitably turn to Rogaine when i'm around.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

CONGRATS BRIAN!!!!Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grin

Bugs

Too cold for school today. Kim, The hotels are nuts. I have a motel 6 rented for $100 buck a night. It's kind of dumpy, but cheap for Duluth. I promise this, if not Nationals, I PROMISE, SWEAR on my achilles I will fly to run with you guys, but maybe not Nationals. If I'm going to go through the time-off and expense I'd like it to be for a marathon. Dave, I saw Candice and Anda swampies are running Duluth too. It is a very nice marathon. School is out so it is easier to get a baby sitter for me anyway. Brian, PICTURES! Congrats that is great news. So you think if I run Fargo on May 9th, I can run Grandmas June 20th? I think way dooable. The advantage of this plan, Fargo does not fill up so I can wait for Fargo, and Grandmas is a backup plan. There are also some new races, including a 20 miler that would work perfect before Grandmas. I need a push.

Bugs

Bugs

Oh and KIm you really do have pretty hair. Mine is usually pretty short, but it's sexy short and most woman can't pull it off. I'm trying to grow it out just a little but don't know I have the patience for it.

Bugs

Dave - sure I'm interested. Just looked this over again and the end of the race isn't there Angry -- sporttracks has some bug I have to work around Maybe I'll post this again later, or update the link

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - you can totally do it!!!!

Bugs

Bugs - you can totally do it!!!!
                                I can sign up. We'll see if I can run both. Will be fun lots of freinds and RAers running.

Bugs