Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/15 (Read 297 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey shan and Dave- that race sounds like fun... maybe I'll join you guys. Dave, would you drive up the morning of?
    ooohhh I'm excited!!!! So do you guys know how heavy a weight bench is? Well it's heavy! Especially in a box! I went and bought one for DH last night for christmas - thankfully we have a dolly which allowed me to get it into the house without him seeing or having to help. It is currently in our dining room with blankets over it - I told him not to peek! haha I hope he likes it! He'll have to go back and pick up a bar and weights, but hopefully he'll like it!!

Bugs

Can't pass this one up... windshield? windchill Wink Bugs you're so cute. And I'm oh so glad we don't have much wind in the winter!!
      Sorry, maybe it's MN talk. Don't tell me that Fargo movie pegged us. My black cover everything face mask is MIA. I think these temps require it. Ticks me off I can't find it. Looks like I will spend another $20 bucks. Oh well..if I find it I like having extra winter gear in the car. MTA: If I only had a brain.

Bugs

Dave

A weight bench. Sort of like saying "Honey, I bought you me an upper body for Christmas." Kimmie, I will probably roll up the morning of. Believe I'd need to be on the road by 5AM but at least there would be no traffic. Of course if the weather is nasty, I'd have to wave off. I'm debating myself on running today or not. Legs are a little iffy and I've got a 5 day streak going. Hearing everyone talk about the really cold weather makes me want to HTFU and get out there. Maybe after lunch.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - where were you yesterday when I asked if it would be like that???? He stopped going to the gym because it made him get home so late he barely got to see me. Over the last month or so he lost 10lbs and gained a beer belly... I miss my beef-cake. I think he misses it too - he worked out almost every day for the last 5 years - now he uses the eliptical 3x a week. I hope he will like it - now you are making me worried that he'll be insulted... Take the day if your leg is iffy - no need to over due it and hurt yourself.
          evanflein

Take the day if your leg is iffy - no need to over due it and hurt yourself.
            [She says as she stalks his log and rubs her hands together with glee!] Shan, I don't think your DH will be insulted! If you guys have the room for it, could be a nice beginning to a home gym you can BOTH use! (you already have the elliptical?) Cash, glad you're starting to get ready to think about running. Don't want to rush into these things, ya know. Hope you're managing to stay dry... Ilene said something about mudslides in the burned areas? Yikes... Bugs, I got a new face mask and I think I like it... has a separate nose piece with an opening at the bottom so it's easier to breathe. Also holes around the mouth part so it doesn't frost over like my other mask. While it's easier to breathe through this one, I did notice I got a little cold where the openings were. So will need to add a neck gaitor at colder temps that I can pull up over my chin/mouth as needed. A good evening of cross training last night with 20 minutes on the elliptical, 35 minutes of upper body weights and 20 minutes of pool running. My shoulders/triceps are a little "noodly" feeling today. I like that feeling... Tonight I'll run on my treadmill, but I'm thinking that since DS2 has b'ball practice and DH is taking his scuba class at the pool till 8:30, I have time to do my Wednesday med-long run of 10 tonight instead of the scheduled 5. Don't know how much time I'll have tomorrow, and would hate to pass up this opportunity, but my quads are still a little tired from Sunday's 18 so not sure what to do...

Oh Mighty Wing

[She says as she stalks his log and rubs her hands together with glee!]
              Blush And you - take care of your legs!
              Kimmie

I"m so glad that you northerners are on this board because I just can't complain about 37 and rain, can I? I had a major debate with myself and finally got out the door and got 5 miles in. I was hoping to hit 1500 this year- probably not going to happen. I'm at 1331 right now. What do you think? Do you think I can run 170 miles in the 15 days? Shan, I think a weight bench is a great gift. You've inspired me, actually, to look into it for my DH. Bugs, do you talk like the people in the movie? My DH is from MI and we were just watching that movie the other day and I said- there is no way that people talk that way- he said, yeah, yeah they do... Smile good for you Erika- with your weight lifting and cross training- that's why you look so good.

Hail to The Victors!

Bugs, do you talk like the people in the movie? My DH is from MI and we were just watching that movie the other day and I said- there is no way that people talk that way- he said, yeah, yeah they do... Smile
                  I'm not Bugs, but: Yes, oh yes they do. My mom talks like that a little bit, and my grandma (on my dad's side) used to talk like that. I pretty much can throw out the accent at will for fun, but after 10 years away, I don't have much of it any more...

Bugs

Bugs, do you talk like the people in the movie?
                    They are a bit extreme in the movie. Sure their are some older folks that talk like that exactly, but in general not so much. We do say "yaa" often and an occasional "ya yu betch ah". And we highly frown upon chopping people up in a wood chopper. Really crappy roads coming home tonight. I may never leave my house, wish my family was home. They are still at Tae Kwon Doe and many of the roads are closing. I don't even dare call DH and tell him what I think he shoud do. Think I'll get on the TM to keep busy - mind from worrying.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks guys I feel better about it now! NO THANKS TO DAVE! Tongue Switched speed workout for easy today. Leg is tweaking so I'll do the speed workout tomorrow. Leg felt great during the run and I was mad I wussed out - but it was still the smarter decision.

Dave

I'm sticking by my guns on the bench thing. Its like when men buy lingerie. Who is it really for? Its not to say he won't like the bench. I'm also expecting my 10 year old to buy me a Hannah Montana DVD this Christmas. Just sayin.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ok i mean i buy that - but would you hate it - even if it was for me?

Dave

No. I'm sure he'll like it just fine. Its no fun ribbing you about it anymore. Not sure you could tell I was teasing you a bit. Don't want to be an MJ (for the non-swampers, he's a particularly caustic poster in there).

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

No. I'm sure he'll like it just fine. Its no fun ribbing you about it anymore. Not sure you could tell I was teasing you a bit. Don't want to be an MJ (for the non-swampers, he's a particularly caustic poster in there).
                              i missed it - due to my nervousness about the gift! haha Sorry!!! Big grin ps did you end up running today? Cause if not then i'm beating you!

Dave

I didn't. Totally sucktastic day at work. I needed a good run just to blow off some steam but couldn't spring myself loose.

dgb2n@yahoo.com