Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/15 (Read 297 times)

Bugs

Im recently on facebook..I could use friends. Derek Murphy, Cincinnati Oh
    I hope I requested the right "Derek Murphy" . Did you setup your profile?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I'll put the same pace as you Shan..Im figuring 9:16 - 10:00 is probably the best. Let me know what you put in.
      i put 8:30 - 9:15
      evanflein

You guys crack me up. The Internet Persona masks are falling away left and right! DH had the same concerns that you guys' spouses have mentioned. No talk of woodchippers, but lots of other sordid things. Then he met some of my internet running friends, and he's made some of them his friends, too! Funny how that works. We had so much fun in Boston, hanging around with old friends we'd never met before! I'm so not on FB. No intentions to do it either. The last thing I need is ONE MORE online distraction. Oy. 5 EZ miles at lunchtime in my new Brooks Glycerine shoes. Got 'em at the NYC Expo and this was my first run in them. I like them. And better yet, mr. crankypants right foot seems to like them too.

Oh Mighty Wing

Nice Erika!!! I hope you enjoy the shoes! It's soo surreal meeting people you are friends with that you've never met - kind of like - oh wow you are real!! haha

Bugs

Come Erika, feed my Ego...be my 25th FB friend. Cry

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Kimmie, I'm so not worried! Are you guys on facebook? (I know Shan is) I need friends. Big grin My name is....oh here goes the Internet persona...."Gloria Alfstad"
              I'm smiling so much. I went away for the department Xmas party, and I just came back to a bajillion friends requests from you guys on facebook. You all rock, and rock hard. Today was 7 mi warmup/cooldown with 5x 1km (@ or around 4:00). The warmup and cooldown was outside. Even though there are hardly any students left, all of campus sidewalks were plowed out. Did you know that the University of Michigan North and Central Campuses are 7 miles in circumference? I didn't before today! One more big 20 miler on Saturday before taper begins. Did anyone mention the 5-9 inches of snow tomorrow? Yeah, that' 20 is going to be slippery. Erika, you going for one 20 before you start tapering? MTA: Bajillion? Ok, 3. But it was still great! Jeremy

Oh Mighty Wing

hahaha yeah!!! Big grin
                evanflein

Erika, you going for one 20 before you start tapering?
                  Yep, that's the plan at least. Temps should be moderate (i.e. above zero) and no snow forecast for the next several days so it's now or never, I guess! If I were smart I would've built up slower and done the 20 two weeks out (on the 28th) instead of three. A two-week taper was my original plan. But, I may keep the mileage up that first week (uh, next week) and drop from there. I rarely run much the week before the marathon just cuz I'm usually traveling and whatever.
                    I hope I requested the right "Derek Murphy" . Did you setup your profile?
                    yeah, Im all setup. I didnt have a request from you...I'll find you
                    Kimmie

Very cool that we can see each other on facebook now... I'm the only one who has a non-running picture on my profile. But I write about running in my status all the time. I wonder if that annoys my non running friends... like, there goes Kim bragging about running again... Have fun with your 20, Jeremy.... good for you.... I will be running 18 on Sat. We're supposed to get sleet in the morning so my plan is to not run first thing but to wait until lunchtime, just so I can see the ice if it's there. Bugs, how did the chocolate chip thingies you were baking turn out?
                      Cashmason

Taught spin at 6 am and again at 4 30. Then accidently went upstairs and ran 5k on the treadmill right after the afternoon class. I am soooo not in running shape right now. Heart and lungs felt fine even at a 6:35 pace for the last mile. Legs, not so great. No pain, they were just tired. Perhaps 2 hours of spin class might have helped with that. The morning class gets there at 5 30 and so did I. Last time they didnt like the hip hop/ pop/ alternative stuff I normally play, they asked for classic rock and roll. So I burned a new disc with that at midnight last night. They liked that a lot better. Who'd a thunk that there would be room full of people even older than Erika wanting to sweat at 5 30 am. We've had a lot of rain the last 2 days, and we are fixin to send it East. Hope y'all enjoy it.
                          i put 8:30 - 9:15
                          I ran a 10k at an 8:37 pace. So I suppose 9:15 may be doable.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - accidentally huh??? Murphy - I'm hoping that by then I will be at flat 9's. My chart thingy says for a 1:57:59 half we need flat 9's. I know I'm holding a very aggressive goal.

Dave

A half is (relatively) short enough that if you go out at what ends up being too fast, you can still finish without hurting too bad. If you go 9 flat for 10 miles and then slow to 9:45 It is still only something like 2:03. That's pretty damn good too. National was my first half in 2007. That year they messed up the course and made it about .2 too long (misrouted it right at the end) and I finished in 2:01. Kimmie, why such big long runs?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

brag brag brag fast guy Tongue Hey what's up for that 10miler? Cause it's only 3 weeks away. (i think)