Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/15 (Read 297 times)

Bugs

Saw graston doc which I was tempted to cancel because I felt so good the last couple of days, but had not ran so no good testing of my legs lately, and I had cookies to deliver to him and staff. He said the problem is actually my achilles and he worked that over. I've had enough treatment to know what healthy tissue feels like and injured tissue feels like, definitely on the unhealthy side, but he has always been able to fix me right up. He is freaked out about me switching to racing flats. He wants to see these asics speed stars next time. But for now we agreed on two shorter runs in them a week, so that I could wear them on race day. We're suppose to get a blizard here starting tonight. I need to run a faster 2 hour run so it'll be on the TM. I will get outside for some of the fun though.

Bugs

evanflein

Jeez this has gotten to be an active thread... Cash, I love the old classic Rock-n-Roll. But then again, classic doesn't mean much anymore. So many of these hits are flashes in the pan and then you never hear from them again. Give me some Van Halen, Def Leppard, Scorpions... heh, I do like the old "hair" bands! Big grin Be careful in the carpy weather you guys are going to get. Between the cold, wind and snow most of the country is a mess. On the other hand, our weather is very nice right now with temps hovering around -5 to 20 above (up in the hills) and lots of sunshine. I'll take it! No run scheduled for me today, except I might do a couple mile warmup on the TM at the gym before weights at lunch. I got some Brooks Glycerin shoes at the NYC Expo, wore them for the first time yesterday and I really like them. I might have finally found a replacement for the Asics Nimbus which I've loved for years until they totally screwed the pooch with the "X" version.

Dave

Sunday marks the one year anniversary of Team Blister's departure from Cool Running over to RA. Sort of an interesting milestone. I have to say, I like it over here much better and I can't wait for the new log that will come soon. Happy anniversary everyone. And I got in 8 very wet miles today at "Erika easy" pace.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!! OMG Dave I'm not 6 behind!!! I'm never gonna catch up this week!!! Unless of course your family calls you away from the road!! Evil grin
          Kimmie

ok, so I was at coolrunning, but I never knew you guys were there... I think I may have seen Bugs around. So, how long has this group been together? I was a part of kickrunners and then we got bought out by cool running... we were sad then. And then came active and then came running ahead. I've always been more of a lurker than a poster though. Until this group..... Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

ok, so I was at coolrunning, but I never knew you guys were there... I think I may have seen Bugs around. So, how long has this group been together? I was a part of kickrunners and then we got bought out by cool running... we were sad then. And then came active and then came running ahead. I've always been more of a lurker than a poster though. Until this group..... Smile
              I think the group has been around since 05 or 06 maybe??? I found them when I started running in June 07. But Erika and maybe Cash are the only original members left. Maybe???

Dave

"Team Blister" didn't really form until we had to name the group here. Before that, it was the weekly "Marathon Trainers" thread in one of the coolrunning forums. Not sure how long everyone's been posting but for me, its probably 2 years. I know Erika and Cash probably go back further than that.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

"Team Blister" didn't really form until we had to name the group here. Before that, it was the weekly "Marathon Trainers" thread in one of the coolrunning forums. Not sure how long everyone's been posting but for me, its probably 2 years. I know Erika and Cash probably go back further than that.
                  True - we were the Marathon Trainers group at CR.

Cause I CAN

Did my first run in over a month, Its 60 degrees and sprinkling...I barely made it a mile, it was rough but I did it.
                    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Oh Mighty Wing

Did my first run in over a month, Its 60 degrees and sprinkling...I barely made it a mile, it was rough but I did it.
                      CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
                      Cashmason

Congrats Peach! And Erika is way old, just ask her kids.... wink. The Erika, Big Hair, Playlist Start me up Rolling Stones Jump 4:01 Van Halen Welcome To The Jungle 4:32 Guns N Roses Rolling Stones - Satisfaction 3:46 ZZ Top - Tush 2:18 Rebell Yell 4:46 Billy Idol Panama 3:35 Van Halen Eric Clapton - Layla 7:04 ZZ Top - Legs 4:34 Doobie Brothers - China Grove 3:18 Hit Me With Your Best Shot 2:51 Pat Benatar Dancing In The Dark 4:03 Bruce Springsteen Old Time Rock & Roll 3:15 Bob Seeger Blue Suede Shoes 2:01 Elvis Presley Suzie Q 4:36 CCR Wonderful Tonight 3:39 Eric Clapton

Oh Mighty Wing

ohhh those are GREAT songs!!!
                          Kimmie

Cash, can I come take your spin class? Smile Where do you live? Ran 18 miles in 2:51... turned out to be a 9:30 pace. Had some rough miles in there... shouldn't had that wine last night... but I finished faster than I started, so that's good.

Dave

Nice job on the long run, Kimmie. I'm wondering how Jeremy did on 20 today in all that snow.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

awesome Kimmie!! 1.5 today... i'm losing the game quickly this week!